NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should really do a fantasy league next year. I think it was back in 2012 when we had the last one. If we could get a 10 team league going it might be fun and get more talk going.

I was a part of the last one, and was waiting for it to happen again, and it never happened. Id be down to start a Caws league up again.

• 3 weeks later...

What a weird last day. The Titans beat the Jags and get into the playoffs, as do the Bills. The NFC playoffs are going to be brutal, every team in can pretty much beat each other. The AFC side looks mighty weak to be honest. All first round teams either lost coming in or barely got in, and Tom Brady looked pretty old today.

I try to do this every year so here is my predictions for the playoffs 2018:

In the NFC

Falcons beat the Rams

Panthers beat the Saints

AFC Wild Card

Jags over the Bills

Chiefs beat the Titans

Divisional Round

Eagles beat the Falcons

Vikings over the Panthers

Pats avenge their loss to the Chiefs to start the season

Steelers squeak one out vs the Jags

Conference Championships

Steelers beat the Patriots at Foxboro

Vikings beat the Eagles, quite badly

Superbowl:

First time ever Vikings at home for the SB vs the Steelers...but the Steelers win it, giving them #8 all-time.

I think the Eagles come in very weak mentally if not physically. Losing their starting QB left them with some doubts, every game they play without Wentz they have to ask themselves if they can win without him. To make things worse, they go into the playoffs losing 6-0 to Dallas. How the hell do you even lose by that score, you only need ONE touchdown? To be honest, every team more or less in these playoffs has questions at the QB spot, from some being very young or inconsistent, to some being backups or showing their age, and I'm counting Brady and Big Ben in age category. The only QB firing on all cylinders seems to be Drew Brees.

Of course the cowboys made it to the play offs but not make it all the way through. Last week's game was just a filler to end the season and the win didn't even mean anything. Oh well, decent season I guess

What's the new controversy with the Patriots? They're on the news a lot lately but I haven't paid to attention to what's going on

Of course the cowboys made it to the play offs but not make it all the way through. Last week's game was just a filler to end the season and the win didn't even mean anything. Oh well, decent season I guess

What's the new controversy with the Patriots? They're on the news a lot lately but I haven't paid to attention to what's going on

I'm confused by what your saying in your first paragraph.

In regards to the Patriots. There are rumors that Tom Brady went to the Patriots owner and demanded they trade their backup QB, Jimmy G, because he didn't want their future QB breathing down his neck. And reportedly Bill Bellichick wanted to keep Jimmy G and was angry about getting rid of him.

What's so confusing about what I first said? The Cowboys entered the playoffs but got eliminated. Last week was their last game of the season and they won that one but it didn't matter as they are already out of the playoffs. Overall though they had a a decent season.

Playoffs started yesterday. Cowboys aren't in the playoffs this year.. You are right they got eliminated, but it was when they lost to the Seahawks 2 weeks ago. Not during the playoffs.

Pitty the Rams are out so soon, they were really fun to watch. Looks like they'll be the only home to team to lose so far. With my home team out, and my longtime favorite team the Packers not even in it I gotta root for the Jaguars, who I've like since 1995 but hasn't given me much reason to root for recently.

I was disappointed to see the Rams lose, but they have a bright future.

Also the Falcons are going to crush the Eagles next week and its not even going to be close. So many people are trying to say Foles can take the Eagles to the Superbowl and its just not going to happen.

Archived