NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Bradys four-game Deflategate suspension has been reinstated, a United States appeals court ruled Monday.

Brady was suspended for the first four games of the 2015 season for what the NFL believed to be his role in a scheme to deflate footballs before the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 18, 2015. Bradys suspension was overturned in federal court last September and he was allowed to play the entire regular season.

In October, the NFL appealed the courts decision, arguing commissioner Roger Goodell was within his bounds to suspended Brady based on the 2011 collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and NFLPA.

In 16 games last season, Brady completed 64.4% of his passes for 4,770 yards, with 36 touchdowns and seven interceptions for a 102.2 passer rating, his highest passer rating since 2011. The Patriots finished the season 124 and lost to the Broncos in the AFC Championship Game.

Jimmy Garoppolo is listed second on the Patriots depth chart at quarterback.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/25/new-england-patriots-deflategate-tom-brady-suspension-reinstated

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't a fan of the Raiders pick of S Karl Joseph at first, as I thought they could have traded back a few spots and still gotten him. But considering another safety got taken just 3 picks after Oakland, it was probably a smart move for them to snag Joseph when they did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump because the NFL thread should never be this low. Only a couple months away my friends.

We going to try and do Fantasy Football this year? If the old group is dead I can start my own. Perhaps limit it from 12 to 10 teams so that it gets filled faster.

• 2 months later...

I did my draft and if everyone stays healthy i think my team is pretty stacked:

Aaron Rodgers

Adrian Peterson

Jamaal Charles

DeSean Jackson

Chris Ivory

Brandon Marshall

Jordan Matthews

Greg Olsen

Emmanuel Sanders

Bengals D/ST (Thinking of switching to the Jaguars D, gonna be a sleeper this year.)

Steve Hauschka

Phillip Rivers

Gary Barnidge

Chris Sims

Shane Vereen

James Starks

Travis Benjamin

Tyler Boyd

Shane Vereen and James Starks were about to be another WR and Blount. So disappointed.

Archived