NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lions don't have "bad luck" with players retiring early, they just suck, I mean really suck and it makes players want to hang it up.Though it surprises me that Johnsons didn't ask to be traded, I don't blame him or Sanders for calling it quits early. Millions of dollars in the bank and good health > 6 more years of getting injured and not making the playoffs.

The Lions don't have "bad luck" with players retiring early, they just suck, I mean really suck and it makes players want to hang it up.Though it surprises me that Johnsons didn't ask to be traded, I don't blame him or Sanders for calling it quits early. Millions of dollars in the bank and good health > 6 more years of getting injured and not making the playoffs.

To be fair to my Lions, he told his family he was going to retire before the start of this season. The previous season we went to the playoffs. Calvin Johnson really likes Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob Cooter (and with a name like that, who doesn't) so I honestly believe it has more to do with his health than him anything else.

Especially since the Lions won 6 of their last 8 games and have an incredibly easy schedule next season.

T.O. definitely should've been in this year, but whatever. He'll get in eventually.

Cam won MVP, rightfully so, so I'm glad about that. Now it's time for him to end Peyton's 'parade' and win the Super Bowl.

Archived