NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Brady's free! I knew he would win this legal battle. Now it's time to replace Goodell as commissioner.

I can't wait for Suh to stomp on his throat.

So wouldn't touch Brady. He'd have the ball out of his hands before Suh could do any of his dirty ass antics.

Apparently there was major problems with the radio last night on the Steelers side. I saw Big Ben pregame pointing to his helmet and shouting at the staff. But this isn't the first time that the visiting team in Foxboro has had problems with the radio systems.

2006: Patriots security staff audio interferes with the Jaguars’ coach-to-QB communication system at “crucial moments” during a playoff game. The Lions and the Bengals also reported their coaches’ headsets stopped working during games at New England.

2007: The Patriots are investigated for using unapproved communication frequencies to interfere with the New York Jets’ headset system.

2008: Karlos Dansby accuses the Patriots of tampering with the Cardinals’ headset system.

2011: Jack Del Rio has his Jaguars team practice without headset communications, as “that tends to happen in New England.”

How bout my Jets and that boy Brandon Marshall redeeming himself after that drop in the first half? I thought Johnny Football was gon' ball out after that first TD, but it wasn't meant to be. Thank God. I knew Cromartie would end up going down at some point during this season, the guys 31 years old and hasn't had a lot of injury free seasons. I just didn't expect him to go down in the first game. Oh well, he's not as good as he was when he was with us years ago, didn't really agree on us signing him during the off season, so while it hurts, I think we can move past it and win.

Surprised about the Bills-Colts outcome, could Tyrod Taylor be the truth? Or was this just a fluke game for him?

Rooting for Jameis, Mariota looks like he'll be the winner of this meeting.

Happy Foles & The Rams won, now all I need is for Dem Boyz to go over the Giants, and the Eagles to win tomorrow night. And my Week 1 will be almost perfect.

Haha the Browns are an absolutely joke. I want to see Johnny succeed so that touchdown was nice but he needs to protect the ball better.

Good to see my a Packers play well too. Even without Nelson I can see them going to the Bowl.

And what happened to the guy who was carted off in the Browns game?

There were a couple guys carted off, Browns Scott Solomon, Antonio Cromartie. But you're most likely talking about our rookie Lb Lorenzo Mauldin. Seems like it was a neck injury. After he stripped Manziel during that run..Manziel literally landed on top of Mauldin's head, and his head was turned at a weird angle. And in the rush to get the loose ball, everyone piled atop of him and Johnny, thus adding more weight to his head and neck.

Edit: Confirmed no neck injury, but a concussion. He regained feeling in his extremities.

It wasn't really Romo it was Eli and Coughlin with the awful play clock management. Eli snapped the ball twice with 20 seconds and that pass play could have been the nail in the coffin if he didn't throw it out of the endzone.

They should have won but considering the expectation was for the Giants to be blown out its not that bad.

Yea, the Giants made some Superbowl 49 Seahawks level mistakes last night. But it works for me, dem boys pulled out the W. I can't stand the Giants, and I've become a bit of a Boys fans since they got cheated last year in the playoffs against the Packers, except when they play the Eagles, and the occasional Jets matchup. Can't believe Dez broke his foot though, I don't see the Cowboys coming anywhere close to the record they had last season, that whole "running back by committee" thing looked like it needed some polishing up last night.

Giants definitely gave them that game last night however.

Archived