NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Brady is still missing at least 2-3 games regardless of the court outcome. You know how speedy our justice system is, I don't see this getting resolved in the next month if Brady does take the NFL to court.

Personally the only way I can see Brady getting any sort of reduction in the suspension is if he presents new evidence (which he destroyed so the chances of anything new coming out is impossible) or by taking a lie detector test and passing and there's no way he will ever do that.

Everything they have on Brady, is all circumstantial. They have no solid proof he actually did anything. And I'll stand by Brady no matter the outcome.

And he could play. It's possible to get an injunction on his suspension while the federal courts do their thing.

A case could be made for either IMO. If you were starting a real life fantasy draft for just one season than I'd no doubt go with Rodgers over Watt just because of how important QB is to the game. But that doesn't mean Watt isn't an overall better football player.

How can we say which one is the better overall if one plays defense and the other offense? They don't even do the same things on the field, Watts doesn't even touch the ball 99.9% of the time, while Rodgers touches the ball close to 100%. Hard to compare them both.

Everything they have on Brady, is all circumstantial. They have no solid proof he actually did anything. And I'll stand by Brady no matter the outcome.

And he could play. It's possible to get an injunction on his suspension while the federal courts do their thing.

Because he destroyed the proof..

He replaced his phone, after he was told he wouldn't need it anymore. Trust me, I've read almost every article and report on this. The NFL is just looking for a fall guy, and they picked Brady.

That's ok though because Brady is going to win and make the NFL, and more specifically Roger Goodell, look the assholes they are.

A case could be made for either IMO. If you were starting a real life fantasy draft for just one season than I'd no doubt go with Rodgers over Watt just because of how important QB is to the game. But that doesn't mean Watt isn't an overall better football player.

How can we say which one is the better overall if one plays defense and the other offense? They don't even do the same things on the field, Watts doesn't even touch the ball 99.9% of the time, while Rodgers touches the ball close to 100%. Hard to compare them both.

That's a fair point. Perhaps I could of worded that better by saying...better overall athlete?

He replaced his phone, after he was told he wouldn't need it anymore. Trust me, I've read almost every article and report on this. The NFL is just looking for a fall guy, and they picked Brady.

That's ok though because Brady is going to win and make the NFL, and more specifically Roger Goodell, look the assholes they are.

I haven't seen anything on them saying Brady didnt need his phone anymore..? All I heard about it was that everytime he gets a new phone he has his assistant destroy his old one. But something else came out, that he didn't destroy his previous phone..? Got a link for where you read that?

I haven't seen anything on them saying Brady didnt need his phone anymore..? All I heard about it was that everytime he gets a new phone he has his assistant destroy his old one. But something else came out, that he didn't destroy his previous phone..? Got a link for where you read that?

I'm going off what he (Brady) said himself, about how he was told his phone wouldn't be needed for investigation.

That link is here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000504572/article/tom-brady-responds-to-roger-goodells-ruling

Again, I've stated from the very beginning, and will keep stating it, but I truly believe the NFL *censored*ed up and needed a fall guy, and it turned out to be Brady.

Brady's a idiot. Take the suspension and go. What happens when you drop a few games early, lose your case and your suspended when your team needs you down the strech OR the suspension goes into the playoffs.

Why would he take it, when the NFL has no proof and no justification for his suspension? That's asinine.

No proof the text messages between the two guys who did it are out there aren't they? Plus the balls were actually deflated and the Patriots have been doing nothing but trying to make the NFL have trouble with this investigation.

Have you followed or read any of the information? The NFL has completely disregarded information that could paint the Patriots in a positive light. They completely ignored a referees statement, and changed it to fit their agenda to make New England look like the villains in this.

Scripted, do you think the Patriots are completely innocent of everything and did absolutely nothing wrong that night against the Colts? The reason I ask if you feel that way is because Kraft and Goodell were pretty much BFF's so I can't picture the NFL going after the Patriots for shits and giggles. They had to of done SOMETHING, so perhaps your argument is how much trouble they should be in for it?

No proof the text messages between the two guys who did it are out there aren't they? Plus the balls were actually deflated and the Patriots have been doing nothing but trying to make the NFL have trouble with this investigation.

Have you followed or read any of the information? The NFL has completely disregarded information that could paint the Patriots in a positive light. They completely ignored a referees statement, and changed it to fit their agenda to make New England look like the villains in this.

Well whats the information?

Well whats the information?

Two major things:

1.) In the Wells Report, it states that Tom Brady was told his (physical) phone wouldn't be needed for the investigation. So he destroyed it (as he reportedly does every year) and then the NFL tried to turn it against him.

2.) The referee they interviewed about the whole situation, said he used one gauge to check the PSI of the footballs. The one he used, would've had all but one (1) of the Patriots' footballs at an acceptable level (after the gas law was taken into effect). The report completely ignored what he said, and stated he used a different gauge that put all the footballs it did at an unacceptable level.

Those two major 'flaws' do not bode well for the NFL's image that they are doing what's right. It looks shady as *Censored*. Goodell has always been questionable in a lot of the things he does, this just furthers that notion, and was the last straw for myself. I want him out of office.

why the hell does he destroy his phone though?

Him (Brady) and multiple people close to him have stated he destroys his phone and gets a new number every year to keep his privacy as private as possible

So the "evidence" is taking Tom Brady and his close friends' words for it. Telling someone to just trust the man accused and his closest acquaintances is not evidence in any sense in any case.

The 'evidence' is that the NFL has no actual evidence. They have no proof, beyond reasonable doubt, that Brady did anything wrong.

Ever hear of 'Innocent until proven guilty?' That means he's innocent until you have proof that he did something wrong, not the other way around.

Well if he destroys his cell phone to protect his privacy and its standard practice between him and his assistant. Why didnt they destroy the cell phone he was using before all this shit happened?

Archived