NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

I view Tebow as incredibly selfish personally. Dude wants to be a starting QB or nothing else. Doesn't show the dedication to the game. Has this sense of entitlement that he doesn't deserve at all. If you wanted to be the best you would put the work in, you would have took what ever job you could have gotten and competed for a starting job, or went to the Arena league just to hone your skills. Sure he worked on his throwing motion this past offseason but hes been doing that since he came to the NFL and the motion is EXACTLY the same. Dude also trademarked tebowing. He trademarked a position people use to pray to god.

Regardless of all that i don't understand the Eagles gameplan. Are you going to have a 3, possibly 4 man battle in training camp for the starting job? I don't like him but Foles was proven.

Huh? After he left the Broncos he went to the Jets to compete for the starting job. He never told Rex Ryan that I'm only signing if you make me the starter. He went there to fight for it. Sadly though Tebow could of had a perfect passer rating in every preseason game and he never would of gotten a chance.The Jets were the only selfish part of that disaster.

In fact Tebow never even made a stink about being screwed over by the organization. Him not being selfish might of been his down fall because the fans wanted him to start so badly that he probably could of caused an uproar and gotten a chance if he complained about it to the media.

Also do you honestly believe that Tebow is watching every game to make sure that no one prays the way he does? The reason he got the trademark is because a Denver fan tried to get the rights to "Tebowing" to make money off it. So instead Tebow secured the rights instead to prevent that. When Tebow starts suing people for praying during a football game then I will gladly agree with you that he's selfish. Until then I see nothing wrong with it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUaSYOrIw4U

They argued it the best on First Take. He's a smart QB but he simply CAN NOT throw the football. No team in their right mind would take him as a starter when he can't even throw a spiral. He may of had his clutch moments but you can't bank on the fact that you will always be in a winning situation at the end of the game. You need a consistent player from start to finish and Tebow simply is not consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

So, with the Aaron Hernandez trial wrapping up soon, what's everybodys thoughts on it?

I personally think he's gonna walk. I don't think they have enough evidence to, without a doubt, say he for sure did it/knew about it, to get him.

I don't think its sad at all. Watch the company you keep. Dude had no reason to be involved with the murder even if he didn't do it. Its obvious they made a example to him to send a message to other athletes that they aren't going to tolerate this stuff anymore. Whats incredible about this is where hes going to be for the rest of his life is a mile and a half away from Gillette Stadium. Probably can hear the cheers every sunday.

I don't think its sad at all. Watch the company you keep. Dude had no reason to be involved with the murder even if he didn't do it. Its obvious they made a example to him to send a message to other athletes that they aren't going to tolerate this stuff anymore. Whats incredible about this is where hes going to be for the rest of his life is a mile and a half away from Gillette Stadium. Probably can hear the cheers every sunday.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sad for Hernandez or think that he's getting a harsh punishment. I believe he's getting exactly what he deserves.

What's sad though is that people like you and me, and many others dream of being in his shoes. The opportunity to play in the NFL, to have enough money so that you and your family for generations to come never have to worry about money again. But instead he took those things for granted and ruined his life, that's what I mean by this being a sad situation.

Browns still have the worst color scheme in professional sports

Their name is the Browns for god sake.

On the trial. He got what he deserved but I also agree that it is very sad that someone can mess up their life that much. I usually have sympathy for people who fall right into money but you need to know how to better yourself

^ YAY. More of a media circus in Philly... *smh*

We're talking about a league with Johnny Manziel. One of the most hyped QB's in like ever, who disappointed on so many levels last year. And Tebow is still the media circus of the NFL? The guys been out of the league two years, I don't think anyone expects much of anything from him. He'll have his supporters, such as myself (LES' GO TEBOW!!), but nobody really expects him to succeed as a Quarterback. And as shown in New England, the "media circus" part of the equation, can be subdued, if not taken away entirely, if you have the right staff.

^ YAY. More of a media circus in Philly... *smh*

The guys been out of the league two years, I don't think anyone expects much of anything from him. He'll have his supporters, such as myself (LES' GO TEBOW!!), but nobody really expects him to succeed as a Quarterback.

o8dkdz.jpg

*If he's given a fair chance to succeed unlike with the Jets

Archived