NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randall Cobb back to the Packers on a 4 year, $40 million deal.

The Raiders were apparently among the favorites to land him. Now we just gotta back up the Brinks truck to land Suh & Julius Thomas

I think you guys will land Mike Iupati and Julius Thomas. I see Suh headed to Miami, which is the last place I want him to go.

How are you going to feel when he trades Foles away for Maroita?

Terrible.

It's hard to be a fan of a team with a coach that clearly values a system more than any individual player in that system. As long as Chip Kelly is coach he has shown every offensive player is replaceable to him, and that's kind of worrying. This isn't college where he can just recruit the next big star every year. We may just realize how irreplaceable Shady is next year.

I've been telling my friend, Chip Kelly is treating the Eagles like a college team... This system just wont work in the NFL. How are you going to get rid of your two best offensive players in 2 years? Do you know how much better that team would have been with DeSean Jackson still on the team last year? Now we just give away arguably the best RB in the NFL for an injured linebacker, who yes is good, but we don't know how hes going to play. On top of that you want to trade away our starting QB for ANOTHER Oregon player. I love Chip as a coach but for the love of god GET *censored*ING RID OF HIM AS PLAYER PERSONNEL

Terrible.

It's hard to be a fan of a team with a coach that clearly values a system more than any individual player in that system. As long as Chip Kelly is coach he has shown every offensive player is replaceable to him, and that's kind of worrying. This isn't college where he can just recruit the next big star every year. We may just realize how irreplaceable Shady is next year.

I've been telling my friend, Chip Kelly is treating the Eagles like a college team... This system just wont work in the NFL. How are you going to get rid of your two best offensive players in 2 years? Do you know how much better that team would have been with DeSean Jackson still on the team last year? Now we just give away arguably the best RB in the NFL for an injured linebacker, who yes is good, but we don't know how hes going to play. On top of that you want to trade away our starting QB for ANOTHER Oregon player. I love Chip as a coach but for the love of god GET *censored*ING RID OF HIM AS PLAYER PERSONNEL

It sucks seeing top players go, but maybe this is for the better. I'm a Patriots fan, so I know all about letting go/getting rid of top players. One thing I know is, is that Belichick knows what he's doing. It's notblike you guys have a bad team, you've had a winning record since he became coach so just give him a chance.

It sucks seeing top players go, but maybe this is for the better. I'm a Patriots fan, so I know all about letting go/getting rid of top players. One thing I know is, is that Belichick knows what he's doing. It's notblike you guys have a bad team, you've had a winning record since he became coach so just give him a chance.

I just think its weird hes letting stuff go without getting anything of real value back.

Thats the thing, Its not like were just getting rid of players, were getting rid of players who are in their prime and just had career years. Shady is not going to be replaceable he makes chips offense so hard to stop

Barring a breakdown in formal contract negotiations, Ndamukong Suh will sign with the Miami Dolphins after the new league year begins Tuesday for a deal that will pay him approximately $114 million with $60 million in guaranteed money, league sources told ESPN.

....Well that's depressing. Time to change my pic and burn my jersey.

Time to get the *Censored* out of the AFC East.

I just think its weird hes letting stuff go without getting anything of real value back.

Thats the thing, Its not like were just getting rid of players, were getting rid of players who are in their prime and just had career years. Shady is not going to be replaceable he makes chips offense so hard to stop

I mean at least get like a first rounder back. I read rumors in the paper about what hes willing to give up to get Mariota and its insane if the rumors are true. Its like two first rounders three second rounders. Something insane like that.

Barring a breakdown in formal contract negotiations, Ndamukong Suh will sign with the Miami Dolphins after the new league year begins Tuesday for a deal that will pay him approximately $114 million with $60 million in guaranteed money, league sources told ESPN.

....Well that's depressing. Time to change my pic and burn my jersey.

I guess everyone is gunning hard for us this year.

Terrible.

You actually don't know what that's like. The Patriots have never fathomed trading Tom Brady. Bellichek understands that, even though the system is a huge part of it, he still needs those players to make it go. Kelly seems to think his system will work no matter who is in it. The passing game already took a hit last year by getting rid of the biggest playmaker in the league, and now he got rid of arguably the best overall running back in the nfl. And we haven't really had that great of a team, we just play in the shit NFC East so a winning record isn't that hard.

So the rumors are that Frank Gore is going to join the Eagles. Is it possible that Philly takes a RB in the first round because I don't see Gore hanging around past another year or two.

Sounds like Byron Maxwell is on his way to Philly as well.

As for the draft, I honestly see them trading everything they have to to trade up and get Mariota

Edit: McCourty is staying in New England!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: All we need to do now is work out a deal with Tevis and this off season is a win for us, in my book.

OMG now Maclin is leaving, the Eagles are so screwed it's unreal. We need offense now and I don't mean Mariota. Truthfully, its not I don't trust Mariota but its what we will have to give up to get him. Chip is valueing his college system too much and its going to screw the Eagles over. Really all they had to do was fix their secondary and they add a few more offensive pieces and they would have been golden but now it looks like they are cleaning shop

Kap is about to be traded from the 49ers. Dude isn't that good.

This is truth. With all the weapons he's had the last couple years (not just WRs, but great o-line, run game, & defense), dude should have broken records. Not, you know, be statistically one of the worst QB's in the league.

Chip Kelly is out of his damn mind losing all of the key pieces to his offense like that. Looking at it right now, their #1 WR is Riley Cooper...

Jordan Matthews pans out better because he shows promise and is young, but still.. wow. Maclin and McCoy gone? Unbelievable.

Not surprised Suh landed in Miami with that money, I felt like he'd take that offer. Miami still has some to fix before they contend though.

This offseason is starting off crazy though, my god.

I wanted Indy to target Suh and McCourty but now that they're off the market, we'll see what we can find. I like Iupati for the OL, would help solidify the line, Ngata to help the DL stop the run and help generate some pass rush, and another safety or CB because our only good backs are Davis, Butler and Adams. An FA WR wouldn't hurt considering our WR chart consists of Hilton and Moncrief right about now. I don't think Nicks will be re-signed and we have a lot of FA's that we should be keeping with tons of cap space.

I swear to *Censored* if they don't cut Richardson immediately, goodness. He should've been cut already.

From what I hear the Colts are the favorites to land former Lions Nick Fairley who will either be a Top 10 DT for you, or a major bust depending his motivation, weight issues, and injuries that have kept him from being the huge star the Lions hoped he would be.

From what I hear the Colts are the favorites to land former Lions Nick Fairley who will either be a Top 10 DT for you, or a major bust depending his motivation, weight issues, and injuries that have kept him from being the huge star the Lions hoped he would be.

I'd definitely like to have him, but that depends on health and production. Will he fit in our 3-4 defensive scheme either?

Just like that, all the key pieces from the 49ers from 2-3 years ago are gone.. wow. Eras are ending left and right.

I hear we might be favorites to sign Gore, interesting. I don't think we need an RB, we need an actual offensive line for one to run behind, but this is shaking things up.

Shocking news about Willis.

Also it looks like things keep getting worse for Philly. Frank Gore reportedly getting cold feet about deal and might be headed to Indy instead.

If I was in Frank's position, I would be too. It's too much shit going on in that organization that would shake my confidence in signing with the team. I think if he does go to Indy, I can already see them giving Richardson his walking papers.

49ers G Mike Lupati maybe heading to the Cardinals.

Texan's release Andre Johnson.

Patriot's deciding not to pick up option in Revis' contract, will become free agent tomorrow. Maybe heading back to the Jets.

Indy is expected to sign Frank Gore and Andre Johnson today, as well as signing Trent Cole.

Giants are expected to sign RB Shane Vereen.

Really wanted to keep Vereen, but I'd take Revis over him. In Bill We Trust.

Archived