NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

Even if the pass did work it wouldn't have been genius. They even lined up in the Shotgun making it more predictable they would pass. You have a timeout and 3 downs to drain the clock and run it in. There is actually zero reason to ever pass in that situation, especially when you have Marshawn Lynch. If the pass were to work, there's a reason it would've been a call that caught them off guard, because everyone knew it was a dumbass call.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes all of this even more awkward is that they plan on resigning Lynch. Like, great, we're keeping the guy we didn't have faith in to win the biggest game of the season.

I believe the thinking there on the final few plays was that everyone knew they were gonna hand it to Lynch, so they tried for the surprise play, in this case a pass. It was kind alike when a team pulls off a trick play. If it works it was a genious move, but if it fails it is the worst call in history. Just look at the last play to end the first half for the Seahawks. They went for a TD pass instead of a FG. If they get no points from that drive the score is 14-7 Patriots and Seattle probably loses worst then they did and were talking about that play being the worst call ever.

I considered that, but sometimes the obvious always works. Lynch is arguably the best back in the game, there's no way he can't get one yard in two or three plays even if all 11 guys on the other side of scrimmage knew what was coming. The outcome would have been better than what they got instead, anyways.

I would understand passing on 3rd down but not on 2nd and 1! I get they may have been trying to throw the Pats off because they thought they would run, but you were in SHOTGUN! Either way I was rooting for the Patriots, but terrible play call. This Superbowl was one of the better games in recent memory for me though

I definitely thought we were gonna lose. Especially after that Kearse catch.

You're tellinge. As soon as I saw that I literally said this can't be happening again?! That made three Super Bowls in a row for us a bullshit, lucky ass catch would've ended it for us.

The GOAT can do whatever he wants.

How can you possibly support a NY team and a NE team? Pretty much mortal enemies when it comes to sports lol.
I live in NE. But I was born in NY. My best friend is a Giants fan, so when I first started watching football I became a pats fan.

The GOAT can do whatever he wants.

How can you possibly support a NY team and a NE team? Pretty much mortal enemies when it comes to sports lol.
I live in NE. But I was born in NY. My best friend is a Giants fan, so when I first started watching football I became a pats fan.

Ahh makes sense, anything is better then the Giants lol.

If the Eagles trade up to get Mariota and don't address their secondary I will be livid.

Seems like Tampa is interested in him.

I hope so. I would not want the Birds to trade away Foles on Mariota, it's not that I don't think he'll be good, but the Eagles offense does not need help. Their defense is what makes them lose games

Anyone have predictions for Free Agency?

Here's a few of mine:

-Patriots re-sign McCourty to long term deal

-Patriots re-sign/structure Revis' contract to keep him and lower cap hit

- Dez Bryant gets Franchise Tagged (Obvious)

- Justin Houston gets Franchise Tagged (Obvious)

- Terrence Knighton signs with Oakland

- Larry Fitzgerald gets released

- Mark Sanchez signs with Buffalo

- C.J. Spiller signs with NY Jets

I know those are pretty obvious, but I'll post more when I have more time to look over the FA class and see who can fit where.

Archived