NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are missing the point. Their are rules in place, Lynch is breaking them and paying the fines so why should the NFL have a problem? Why should they raise the fines? What they are doing is bullying. They don't like what hes doing so they are trying to wring him dry until he complys. I wish he would tell them to *Censored* off and go to the CFL.

The NFL isn't bullying him. They are enforcing the contract that he signed, and if that contract says he has to talk to the media, then he has to do so. Marshawn loves testing the NFL's authority, so it is his fault just as much as it is the NFL's.

The NFL has changed, media has changed. Interviews weren't mandatory when Taylor played.

They're harassing Lynch because it is literally part of his *censored*ing job to talk to the media. Every player entering the NFL knows that, and if you can't talk to the media occasionally for your multi million dollar salary then you face the punishment. If you go to your job and refuse to do one part of it over and over again your boss isn't going to be happy either.

The stupid thing about this whole situation is that there is literally nothing to be gained by anyone. Does the NFL really think that Lynch will just start giving the media great, informative answers in his interviews from now on? If so, they're clearly a bunch of morons.

And they damn sure shouldn't be threatening to escalate the fine amounts. That's just ridiculous.

Even if he did start answering with legit responses, what would be the reward? Athletes speaking to the media is being run to the ground for the most part with generic, non-informative answers to vague ass questions. All we ever hear about is how much a guy respects another player on the team (Super Bowl match-ups are rarely rivalries to spark controversy between two teams.) How interesting is that really? It shouldn't be a mandatory thing unless a player/coach really has something to say that's worth repeating.

30w1ima.jpg

Not everyone is like him.

Even if he did start answering with legit responses, what would be the reward? Athletes speaking to the media is being run to the ground for the most part with generic, non-informative answers to vague ass questions. All we ever hear about is how much a guy respects another player on the team (Super Bowl match-ups are rarely rivalries to spark controversy between two teams.) How interesting is that really? It shouldn't be a mandatory thing unless a player/coach really has something to say that's worth repeating.

30w1ima.jpg

Not everyone is like him.

Clinton Portis was the shit. Miss that guy.

"I've never seen anybody win the game in the media. But at the same time, I understand what it could do for you, if you wanted to be someone who talks a lot. But that's not me.

"And I'm not as comfortable, especially at the position I play, making it about me. As a running back, it takes five offensive linemen, a tight end, a fullback and possibly two wide receivers, in order to make my job successful. But when I do interviews, most of the time it'll come back to me. There are only so many times I can say, 'I owe it to my offensive linemen,' or, 'The credit should go to my teammates,' before it becomes run down.

"This goes back even to Pop Warner. You'd have a good game and they'd want you to give a couple of quotes for the newspaper, and I would let my other teammates be the ones to talk. That's how it was in high school, too. At Cal, I'd have my cousin, Robert Jordan, and Justin Forsett do it.

"Football's just always been hella fun to me, not expressing myself in the media. I don't do it to get attention; I just do it 'cause I love that (expletive)."

Lynch on why he doesn't want to talk to the media.

Archived