NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

A little cheating here and a little cheating there will eventually lead to people labeling you a cheater no matter how great you really are. That shit will put a stain on your legacy one way or another when people say "Brady has 3 or 4 superbowl wins, but he's a cheater". You have to wonder, if they cheated this time and when "spy gate" happened, then maybe there were other times they also cheated but never got caught? How many times have they deflated balls before, or piss in the other teams Gatorade or shit like that?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little cheating here and a little cheating there will eventually lead to people labeling you a cheater no matter how great you really are. That shit will put a stain on your legacy one way or another when people say "Brady has 3 or 4 superbowl wins, but he's a cheater". You have to wonder, if they cheated this time and when "spy gate" happened, then maybe there were other times they also cheated but never got caught? How many times have they deflated balls before, or piss in the other teams Gatorade or shit like that?

Sounds like somebody pissed in your Gatorade.

Lol

It's always the same shit from people who dislike the Patriots. "Spygate." Yes, we did something that was against the rules. But to be fair, several other teams did it all the time. The rule was changed prior to the start of that league year (I believe) and it was misinterpreted. Everyones "holier than thou" act against the Patriots is so old now. It's whatever. Everyone dislikes/hates them now, but when they win the Super Bowl, we'll see how many people jump on the bandwagon.

Lol

It's always the same shit from people who dislike the Patriots. "Spygate." Yes, we did something that was against the rules. But to be fair, several other teams did it all the time. The rule was changed prior to the start of that league year (I believe) and it was misinterpreted. Everyones "holier than thou" act against the Patriots is so old now. It's whatever. Everyone dislikes/hates them now, but when they win the Super Bowl, we'll see how many people jump on the bandwagon.

Then why's it taking so long fer em figure anything out. Was the ball lighter, yes or no? Simple.

Its not about the weight its about the fact that they were deflated made the ball easier to squeeze making it easier to grip in shitty conditions. Accroding to ESPN 11 of the 12 balls were deflated under league standards. For what its worth Aaron Rodgers has his balls inflated above league standards so he can grip better because apparently he has Andre The Giants hands.

Really feel like going higher would make the ball harder to catch. Has to be like catching a rock at a certain point.

Why doesn't the league just supply the balls? If you want a certain pressure tell them this way the league handles everything and there can't be any *censored*ing around.

Anything that isn't in the range of 11.5 to 12.5 psi (I'm pretty sure that is league standard) should be illegal, I think if Aaron Rodgers is allowed to go above why should they not allow people to go below?

I believe going higher makes it more difficult to throw/catch the ball. If some team wants to make it harder on themselves that's one thing. But for a team to make it easier on themselves thats something different.

Pats should be dq'd bottom line

I mean they can't not have a Super Bowl.

Not saying that, Colts should win by default and play in the Super Bowl. If it's proven that the Pats cheated it should be no different than if they had taken PEDs or bribed officials, it's cheating. They should be dq'd and then each player or coach involved should face suspensions.

Lets not be too quick on this. Its not like it was a really close game and the outcome could have been altered by the deflation the Colts flat out played like shit and couldn't do anything on offense which doesn't relate to Patriots deflating their balls.

Marshawn Lynch should sue the league. Allegedly they are going to start fining him more and more until he starts doing interviews which is plain bullying. He made the decision to not do the interviews and is accepting the leagues fines that are put in place for such a occasion with no problem so it should end their. NFL is trying to bully a player to do their will which is *censored*ing bullshit.

Pats should be dq'd bottom line

I mean they can't not have a Super Bowl.

if it's proven that the Pats cheated it should be no different than if they had taken PEDs

Have the players take a pitiful 4 game suspension, no real investigation and then win the Superbowl like the Seahawks?

Lets not be too quick on this. Its not like it was a really close game and the outcome could have been altered by the deflation the Colts flat out played like shit and couldn't do anything on offense which doesn't relate to Patriots deflating their balls.

That's the most pathetic part imo. The Pats don't need to cheat, and they didn't back in Spygate either, but they did anyway. They could've won fair and square but always seem to look for that extra something to help them win beyond the rules.

Marshawn Lynch should sue the league. Allegedly they are going to start fining him more and more until he starts doing interviews which is plain bullying. He made the decision to not do the interviews and is accepting the leagues fines that are put in place for such a occasion with no problem so it should end their. NFL is trying to bully a player to do their will which is *censored*ing bullshit.

Alright I think what the NFL is doing with Lynch is BS but suing him?

No one is forcing him to be in the NFL. He gets paid to do those interviews just as he gets paid to play football. That's like me suing my boss because he is bullying me into doing my job.

You guys are missing the point. Their are rules in place, Lynch is breaking them and paying the fines so why should the NFL have a problem? Why should they raise the fines? What they are doing is bullying. They don't like what hes doing so they are trying to wring him dry until he complys. I wish he would tell them to *Censored* off and go to the CFL.

Archived