NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're going by what was ok in the 60's then we can't blame someone for racism because "that's how they were raised."

You're seriously delusional though if you think it's just a "60's thing". While it's somewhat a generational thing, this still happens today in some instances, I see it everyday. AP most likely felt what he was doing was okay, because that's how he was raised, it's ingrained into him. I doubt he said to himself "This is wrong, against the law, but *Censored* it, he deserves it". If this were considered so wrong, even to this day, and just a "60's thing", I'm telling you right now, there will be a lot of parentless kids out there, white and black. Because a large portion of parents would be put under the jail for how to choose to discipline their kids. While it's a different society today, while one may not agree with someone's discipline mechanics, it's a touchy situation, because who the hell are we to tell someone how to raise their child, discipline and all?

The common census right now is he was wrong, but not to the extent of a Ray Rice. While AP should have known better, it's easy to see why he perhaps didn't think that. To compare him to Ray Rice, and say "he deserves to have his jerseys burned and put out of a job.", I just don't agree with. Ray Rice deserves to be put in jail, and while it may be easy for you, it isn't as easy for others to say in regards to AP, because they're essentially condemning their own parents. I don't know, that's just my opinion on it.

The Jets got robbed yesterday too. K, I'm done.

Hoping the Colts pull this victory out today. The Eagles have a weak secondary and it's at home so Andrew should have a field day. Everyone has us losing this game on NFL.com, still never enough credit.

The Colts are favored to win? I hope Philly can pull out a win, I don't think it's going to be a blowout though, it's going to go back and fourth a lot I feel.

Hoping the Colts pull this victory out today. The Eagles have a weak secondary and it's at home so Andrew should have a field day. Everyone has us losing this game on NFL.com, still never enough credit.

The Colts are favored to win? I hope Philly can pull out a win, I don't think it's going to be a blowout though, it's going to go back and fourth a lot I feel.

Not on NFL's website. This is not gonna be a blowout, it's gonna be a shootout. The Colts actually have been stopping the run quite well as of late, but they still have pass rush and OL blocking problems, and still can't run the ball.

I have unrealistic faith in Philadelphia this year

I do as well. I feel like they should win the NFC East by default but the rest of the teams (Other than the Giants) really don't look THAT bad. Not to mention the Eagles did look good in the second half of the Jags game, but it was still the Jags... The Redskins demolished them this week so it makes me alittle weary about how the Eagles are going to finish the season. Hopefully they pick everything up and start playing like the playoff caliber team I know they are.

I have unrealistic faith in Philadelphia this year

I do as well. I feel like they should win the NFC East by default but the rest of the teams (Other than the Giants) really don't look THAT bad. Not to mention the Eagles did look good in the second half of the Jags game, but it was still the Jags... The Redskins demolished them this week so it makes me alittle weary about how the Eagles are going to finish the season. Hopefully they pick everything up and start playing like the playoff caliber team I know they are.

If the Redskins keep up that kind of play with Kirk Cousins, the Eagles will some competition in their division.

That was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. So many missed calls and so many questionable playcalling.

said the colts fan.

if you're blaming a loss on the refs, you're just making excuses. if the colts had a run game, they probably woulda own, had they handed the ball to Bradshaw more they woulda own, had luck not thrown that pick. they woulda own. it's on the colts. not the refs.

That was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. So many missed calls and so many questionable playcalling.

said the colts fan.

if you're blaming a loss on the refs, you're just making excuses. if the colts had a run game, they probably woulda own, had they handed the ball to Bradshaw more they woulda own, had luck not thrown that pick. they woulda own. it's on the colts. not the refs.

I don't know if you saw the push TY had gotten by one of the Eagles' secondary when Luck got picked off, but how is that not PI? As well as that "horsecollar" on Landry.

The running game was solid, but the passing was so mediocre, and so is the defense. Don't justify because I'm a Colts fan, but watch the tapes again because those were downright horrible calls the refs made.

^ Pass interference certainly could have been called on Boykin when TY fell down, but I really don't think he caused TY to fall, it seemed like he slipped

Edit: Just watched the highlights. I lied, that was pass interference. BUT Luck still should not have thrown that way because he was tightly covered and Fletcher was reading that play and you could see him running up for the pick

Archived