NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why any of you think the Vikings will be passing the ball is beyond me.. The Vikes offense still lives and dies with All Day. Doesn't matter who is handing him the ball.

They did draft Teddy for a reason. Maybe they want to balance their offensive attack. Bridgewater's a talented kid, I don't wanna see him go to waste.

When was the last time the Vikes had a top-tier QB that's not Brett Favre, anyway? With the WR's they have in Jennings and Patterson, they need someone to pass them the ball.

Why any of you think the Vikings will be passing the ball is beyond me.. The Vikes offense still lives and dies with All Day. Doesn't matter who is handing him the ball.

They did draft Teddy for a reason. Maybe they want to balance their offensive attack. Bridgewater's a talented kid, I don't wanna see him go to waste.

When was the last time the Vikes had a top-tier QB that's not Brett Favre, anyway? With the WR's they have in Jennings and Patterson, they need someone to pass them the ball.

Culpepper perhaps for 2-3 years? I think thats part of the reason why they choose Cassle over Bridgewater too. They are going to be a run heavy team and would rather Cassle manage the game and hope he doesnt make mistakes then go with Bridgewater who they know will make mistakes as any rookie does.

Which is precisely why they've made the playoffs a total of one time since the Favre era. As good as AD is, the Vikings has proven that the run can't be the only option to your offense. Not only does that prove to be detrimental to Adrian Peterson's health, it's extremely one dimensional, which is exactly what the Vikings offense has been since Favre retired. Which is why they've suffered, they need someone who could share that load with AD, by moving down the field via some passing and catching. They've needed a QB, hence the drafting of Bridgewater.

And Matt Cassel hasn't outperformed Bridgewater in the preseason, they've been pretty neck and neck. They've been nearly identical when it comes to passes attempted and completed, with Cassel being 26 for 39 throughout the preseason. What's Teddy Bridgewater? 26 for 40.

Through the first three games, these were Bridgewater's stats..

Vs. Raiders: Comp: 6/13. Yards: 49. TD's/INT's: 0-0

Vs. Cards Comp: 16/20. Yards: 177. TD's/INT's: 2-0

Vs. Chiefs Comp: 4/7. Yards: 40. TD's/INT's: 2-0

Here's Cassel's throughout those same three games...

Completions: 5/6 . Yards: 62 . TD's/INT's: 0-0

Completions: 12/16 . Yards: 153 . TD's/INT's: 1-0

Completions: 9 FOR 17 . Yards: 152 . TD's/INT's: 1-1

So, yeah Punk, if you're going to try to make a point, at least use statistics and facts to back it up. Matt Cassel hasn't outperformed anyone, what he's done is performed well enough, in the eyes of the coaching staff, to keep his job and to keep Bridgewater at his heels for a little while longer.

That's all I needed in comparison who has played better. Not a single interception for Teddy and he has better accuracy.

Those games are against 2nd and 3rd string players though arnt they? I kind of wish they let Teddy play with the 1st string just to see if he would sink or swim.

That's all I needed in comparison who has played better. Not a single interception for Teddy and he has better accuracy.

Those games are against 2nd and 3rd string players though arnt they? I kind of wish they let Teddy play with the 1st string just to see if he would sink or swim.

That's why I want them to start him, but they insist with Cassel.

Pryor wasn't that bad, I appreciate the effort he gave to be a great QB but this isn't cut out for him too well, especially after the scandal surrounding what happened at OSU. I won't question his athleticism either, that dude can *censored*ing do some crazy shit. I feel bad for the dude, though.

Archived