NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Gordon has been in trouble multiple times now. His suspension isn't absurd, Ray Rice's is.

Drunkenly punching his spouse should get off clean, but Josh Gordon smoking a bit of weed should get a year?

I think he's saying that being suspended 3-4 times between the NFL and College, along with being arrested for DWI last month is part of the reason why Josh Gordon will be suspended for a year. On the other hand Ray Rice has never been in trouble (to my knowledge) in the past and that's why hes getting a lesser punishment. (though he's still a POS for hitting his wife)

Josh Gordon has been in trouble multiple times now. His suspension isn't absurd, Ray Rice's is.

Drunkenly punching his spouse should get off clean, but Josh Gordon smoking a bit of weed should get a year?

I think he's saying that being suspended 3-4 times between the NFL and College, along with being arrested for DWI last month is part of the reason why Josh Gordon will be suspended for a year. On the other hand Ray Rice has never been in trouble (to my knowledge) in the past and that's why hes getting a lesser punishment. (though he's still a POS for hitting his wife)

If he would have said he agreed with the lesser punishment that might be the case, but he said Ray Rice's suspension in general is "absurd".

He's a bust because he went 3 for 8 in a preseason game? Dude, shut up.

Josh Gordons suspension is bullshit because the actual tests that came back dont really say if he was personally smoking or not or even high. The first test he took was reportedly exactly one point over the limit that NFL allows, the second one he took was exactly one point under. Hes argued that the results are based on second hand smoke, which is 100% possible and not personal consumption.

Anyway, my Jets looked good last night, Geno was accurate, and moved the ball well. Vick, not so much but he used his legs and short passes, specifically the first down pass to Jace Amaro, to get us yards and put us in position for a CJ2K touchdown.

How is he a bust, because he went 3/9 in a *censored*ing preseason game? Listen to yourself, wow, IT'S PRESEASON FOR A REASON. The reason why they drafted him is to be the QB of their future, why the *Censored* would Matt Cassel, a guy who completely *censored*ing failed on the Chiefs and now Vikings, start over a guy that they want to be their future and starting? What sense does that make? You'll probably question me with Manziel, but they want him to EARN his spot. You don't know what went on in training camp, ad neither do I, but Bridgewater is not a *censored*ing bust from one game, he hasn't played one NFL regular season snap and you judge him off of a bullshit preseason game? wow.

I want him to be a bust just because he's in the same division as the Lions. But like I said (before the draft and he went to the Vikings) I feel that this draft year will be one of those years where its a complete bust for anyone who drafted a QB. Look at the 2007 Draft not a single good QB came out of that draft and there are other years as good examples. Sometimes it just happens and I don't think Bridgewater, Bortles, or Manziel are very good.

Also regardless if Bridgewater is a bust or not he wont be starting this season until maybe Week 9-10.

I want him to be a bust just because he's in the same division as the Lions. But like I said (before the draft and he went to the Vikings) I feel that this draft year will be one of those years where its a complete bust for anyone who drafted a QB. Look at the 2007 Draft not a single good QB came out of that draft and there are other years as good examples. Sometimes it just happens and I don't think Bridgewater, Bortles, or Manziel are very good.

Also regardless if Bridgewater is a bust or not he wont be starting this season until maybe Week 9-10.

I'm not completely sold on that, I do believe he will be the week 1 starter even though we have only seen him in action for one game. It does take time to adjust as a rookie QB.

It's interesting that you're talking like the Lions are actually gonna win a season in the same division as the Green Bay Packers.

I don't understand Jacksonville. They got a QB who looked great in college, looked great in all of his drills and pratices since being drafted and looked good last night while not being happy about how he played and your are going to no matter what happens sit him his entire rookie season. Ok. This is why Jacksonville is pretty much a joke.

Archived