Sliders, attributes and match settings article

Unfrozen Caveman Gamer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Experimented with the sliders provided and had 30 matches, in which I won 27 (90%). Now compared to the last couple game (in which I'd only lose if it was for universe purposes), this is actually better. But what stood out for me with these settings was that I had only 2 maybe 3 squash matches, the rest I was at least damaged and quite often had signatures/finishers hit on me. Normally I like to keep realistic so if a finisher is hit on me I don't try and kick out unless its a PPV match in which I say to myself a maximum of 3, but I'd tried on these settings. And I must admit, you do get a little feeling of success when winning as you actually had to try to win, especially with the reversal ratings down, only gives you a small window to reverse. Bravo for these, I haven't done any attribute changes but I will certainly tinker with them in the future, as the game is a lot more enjoyable now!

Hi guys, great work on the slider i put them in the matches are alot more fun, i had a go at the attributes but i can't wrap my head around them so i was wondering if anyone had maybe a table or just a couple of guys attributes they are willing to share and maybe together we can compile the complete list to help people like me, who just don't understand

Experimented with the sliders provided and had 30 matches, in which I won 27 (90%). Now compared to the last couple game (in which I'd only lose if it was for universe purposes), this is actually better. But what stood out for me with these settings was that I had only 2 maybe 3 squash matches, the rest I was at least damaged and quite often had signatures/finishers hit on me. Normally I like to keep realistic so if a finisher is hit on me I don't try and kick out unless its a PPV match in which I say to myself a maximum of 3, but I'd tried on these settings. And I must admit, you do get a little feeling of success when winning as you actually had to try to win, especially with the reversal ratings down, only gives you a small window to reverse. Bravo for these, I haven't done any attribute changes but I will certainly tinker with them in the future, as the game is a lot more enjoyable now!

You took the words from my mouth. You absolutely feel like u accomplished the victory. Especially when you face people like Triple H whos reversals are at a 90 compared to most who sare in the 70/80 range. I have finisher reverals set really high so that when a finisher is performed it takes resilency to kick out and i changed the abilites for a lot of superstars, taking resilency away from some of the guys that dont need it makes the matches more realistic. For instance...dolph ziggler had resilency which I think is stupid because after youve kicked the crap out of him w Underaker you go for Hells Gate and Dolph magically gets out of it because of resilency..not in my game. If Dolph has a red head, Dolph is going to tap out.

Hi guys, great work on the slider i put them in the matches are alot more fun, i had a go at the attributes but i can't wrap my head around them so i was wondering if anyone had maybe a table or just a couple of guys attributes they are willing to share and maybe together we can compile the complete list to help people like me, who just don't understand

The attributes make a big difference, but these settings work well even without them. I haven't gotten around to changing my NJPW roster yet and I did my New Japan Cup last night. I found these settings work well with both human vs cpu and cpu vs cpu matches. Favorite match vs cpu was me controlling Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki on epic setting. Two old school pororesu icons going toe to toe in what felt like an incredible realistic match... no... series of matches. The first two were time limit draws. The third match I finally managed to put Suzuki away but what struck me was how amazingly real the match felt. It felt like a classic old school AJPW match. Slow, methodical build up that gradually got more and more intense until there was an absolute frenzy to finish the match with each guy hitting big moves and getting numerous 2.5 counts. I had to use resiliency to get out of Suzuki's sleeper... then I hit the Nagata lock only for him to use resiliency to get out. He hit a sig and then I stole his finisher out of desperation because I new if he hit it there was no escape. I hit my sig and he stole my finisher from me... now we both had a finisher and we were punching each other he went for a move, I reversed, irish whipped him, yakuza kick, then Nagata lock for the win with about 15 seconds left in the match. It reminded me of AJPW King's Soul game, which is one of my favorite wrestling games of all time. Both men having resiliency felt like those spirit balls that game had. Amazing match even with the default attributes.

Then I lost to Goto as Nakamura which I didn't intend to do, but I thought you know what, he beat me fair and square so I am going to let him advance. Next round I was Nagata against Goto and that #&*$ beat me again! So the finals came down to Okada vs Goto which was not my intent but I thought it was funny because that was the actual final last year. I decided since it was the final, I would sim it a watch and let fate determine the winner. To my surprise it was a great match. I gave each man 1 finisher to start with. First move of the match, RAIN MAKER!!! I thought this would be a short match... nope. Goto kicks out at 2.5. He fights back and forth for a minute than he hits Go to Heaven. This is it... nope. Okada kicks out... they have a brilliant match that goes for a legit 20 minutes... Okada hits the tombstone then rain maker, but Goto was in the ropes and then went outside the ring... Okada follows... they fight outside and Goto hits Shouten and then Shouten Kai on the outside. He stands Okada up but the count out is getting close. He runs to the topside of the ring but by the time he gets in, Okada is waiting on the top rope. He dives right into a back breaker counter from the top rope and then gets hit with another shouten for the win. Goto is the NJPW cup winner. Awesome matches.

The easiest way to explain the attributes is this.

Lower Grapple Power, Strike power, Grapple Defense, Strike Defense, Charisma and Speed on everyone relatively. So your top guys are around 60 for power, 70 for defense, and 70 for speed and Charisma.

Raise recovery to the max, then raise toughness and durability to around 85 for the top guys relatively. It makes a big difference in the flow and pacing of the match. You will see a lot more chain grapples which is a good thing because you have 3 times more of those moves than strong grapples. Best thing to do is try it with a few guys and play some matches... more than one match because there are always going to be those matches that just don't follow the rules and give weird results.

I played an Eddie Guerrero vs Hiroshi Tanahashi match and I gotta say it was awsome...he beat me but I got a Question for Guys like Santino,Ryder who has carisma but is a jobber I gave to them carisma 65,is that good?

And I can't understand the durability part...

You sir, are the man. The matches still seem to be a bit short (I usually win in 7-8 minutes which actually is a realistic tv time but I like them a bit longer) but it's hugely better than before.

There was one awesome moment as well - I was Seth Rollins beating on Chris Sabin and he popped up and hit a Cradle Shock. I kicked out of two but it felt like he'd done it out of desperation and it's the kind of thing you'd see on tv. Absolutely brilliant, might just bring the strike and grapple damage down a tick or two to make them a minute or two longer - would that work?

Had a great match between Punk and Bryan on epic speed as well, lasted 17 minutes before I picked up the win as DB and I had to use resiliency to kick out of a GTS. Unfortunately ended in a roll up which I failed to cancel but a great match anyway. Best thing I've ever done on this game. Thanks.

Got an awesome roster on universe for this as well, my Raw roster is:

Adrian Neville

Antonio Cesaro

Austin Aries

Chris Jericho

Chris Sabin

Christian

Christopher Daniels

CM Punk

Daniel Bryan

Davey Richards

Dolph Ziggler

Eddie Edwards

Kofi Kingston

Kurt Angle

Rob Van Dam

Sami Zayn

Samoa Joe

Seth Rollins

William Regal

& Zema Ion

I'll post their stats if anybody wants me too?

I played an Eddie Guerrero vs Hiroshi Tanahashi match and I gotta say it was awsome...he beat me but I got a Question for Guys like Santino,Ryder who has carisma but is a jobber I gave to them carisma 65,is that good?

I'd say 65 is too good for a jobber, around 45 to make it harder to win with him IMO

Charisma basically means how effective their taunts are at filling up the momentum bat, it has nothing to do with talking or anything

You sir, are the man. The matches still seem to be a bit short (I usually win in 7-8 minutes which actually is a realistic tv time but I like them a bit longer) but it's hugely better than before.

There was one awesome moment as well - I was Seth Rollins beating on Chris Sabin and he popped up and hit a Cradle Shock. I kicked out of two but it felt like he'd done it out of desperation and it's the kind of thing you'd see on tv. Absolutely brilliant, might just bring the strike and grapple damage down a tick or two to make them a minute or two longer - would that work?

Had a great match between Punk and Bryan on epic speed as well, lasted 17 minutes before I picked up the win as DB and I had to use resiliency to kick out of a GTS. Unfortunately ended in a roll up which I failed to cancel but a great match anyway. Best thing I've ever done on this game. Thanks.

Adrian Neville

Antonio Cesaro

Austin Aries

Chris Jericho

Chris Sabin

Christian

Christopher Daniels

CM Punk

Daniel Bryan

Davey Richards

Dolph Ziggler

Eddie Edwards

Kofi Kingston

Kurt Angle

Rob Van Dam

Sami Zayn

Samoa Joe

Seth Rollins

William Regal

& Zema Ion

I'd say 65 is too good for a jobber, around 45 to make it harder to win with him IMO

Charisma basically means how effective their taunts are at filling up the momentum bat, it has nothing to do with talking or anything

Yeah, if you want matches to last longer, lower grapple power and strike power and lower the momentum rate sliders as well. I use a 10 minute time limit for matches on weekly tv and have a couple time limit draws a month which I like but for PPVs I turn the time limit off and do all matches on epic which make the PPVs seem like bigger matches than regular tv matches.

Tooocoool, There are some guys I rate certain attributes higher even though the rest of those attributes are low because they are really good at those. An example would be like Jack Swagger has a high grapple power on my game because of his NCAA background... but the rest of his attributes are rated like a mid card guy. So, yeah, you could totally give Santino a high charisma value... that is the point... make them try to play like real life. But, you have to think of charisma in terms of "how often/fast do they use a finisher".... I wish that increasing Charisma made them taunt more, but sadly I haven't seen that. The CPU barely ever taunts outside of wake up taunts or taunting when you are on the outside and they are inside. That is why I lowered the effectiveness of human taunts in these settings because it was a one sided advantage. You could spam taunts to gain a finisher, but the cpu never does this. With these settings, it would take you a lot longer to gain a finisher by spamming taunts.

Adrian Neville

Antonio Cesaro

Austin Aries

Chris Jericho

Chris Sabin

Christian

Christopher Daniels

CM Punk

Daniel Bryan

Davey Richards

Dolph Ziggler

Eddie Edwards

Kofi Kingston

Kurt Angle

Rob Van Dam

Sami Zayn

Samoa Joe

Seth Rollins

William Regal

& Zema Ion

Yeah, if you want matches to last longer, lower grapple power and strike power and lower the momentum rate sliders as well. I use a 10 minute time limit for matches on weekly tv and have a couple time limit draws a month which I like but for PPVs I turn the time limit off and do all matches on epic which make the PPVs seem like bigger matches than regular tv matches.

Tooocoool, There are some guys I rate certain attributes higher even though the rest of those attributes are low because they are really good at those. An example would be like Jack Swagger has a high grapple power on my game because of his NCAA background... but the rest of his attributes are rated like a mid card guy. So, yeah, you could totally give Santino a high charisma value... that is the point... make them try to play like real life. But, you have to think of charisma in terms of "how often/fast do they use a finisher".... I wish that increasing Charisma made them taunt more, but sadly I haven't seen that. The CPU barely ever taunts outside of wake up taunts or taunting when you are on the outside and they are inside. That is why I lowered the effectiveness of human taunts in these settings because it was a one sided advantage. You could spam taunts to gain a finisher, but the cpu never does this. With these settings, it would take you a lot longer to gain a finisher by spamming taunts.

Thanks and one last question who are in your game who are the 5 highest rated in your game?

Mines are:

Daniel Bryan,Cm Punk,Ric Flair,Kurt Angle,Chris Benoit(but i have certain superstar who are rated 82 like Punk,but i choose him for an example)

Yeah overall is misleading... because someone could have a very high tag, speed, jump, agility and charisma etc ratings that will make them have a higher overall. But my top 5 guys in general are Punk, Bryan, Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura. With second tier being Kenta, Marufuji, Morishima, Joe, Steen, Richards, BXB Hulk, etc. Then third tier being Rollins, Ambrose, Zayne, Ziggler, Gargano, Hero, etc.

Archived