FAQ On Being Banned

Spirito

Like I said, the silver surfer, you re-create their likeness in game enough already, but now by using renders & textures, you are now using their actual likeness, through a 3rd party(hacking, texture tool, etc.) so to speak., by using old textures of past games & renders.. And bypassing the tools given to us in the in the CAS, & now purting their actual likeness in the game, I know their has to be some kind of legal issue with that.

I highly doubt there is a legal issue with that since you put those things in using a means that was not supplied by the company. It is essentially a hack, though a harmless hack. If I were to hack WWE's website and post a pic of the silver surfer, Marvel could not sue WWE for that. Now, it is possible that Marvel sees their stuff being used in the game and says "If people can make marvel characters in this game, they might be less likely to buy a marvel game" and then ask WWE to remove that content... but I doubt that. I think it is because textures cause some freezing. I know I had a PWG logo on my calendar and it caused my to freeze. Once I removed it, I don't freeze any more. I am sure that 2k doesn't want the overall image of their first wwe game to be that it is a glitchy, buggy, freezy mess when in their mind a lot of this is caused by using hacked textures.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, the silver surfer, you re-create their likeness in game enough already, but now by using renders & textures, you are now using their actual likeness, through a 3rd party(hacking, texture tool, etc.) so to speak., by using old textures of past games & renders.. And bypassing the tools given to us in the in the CAS, & now purting their actual likeness in the game, I know their has to be some kind of legal issue with that.

I highly doubt there is a legal issue with that since you put those things in using a means that was not supplied by the company. It is essentially a hack, though a harmless hack. If I were to hack WWE's website and post a pic of the silver surfer, Marvel could not sue WWE for that. Now, it is possible that Marvel sees their stuff being used in the game and says "If people can make marvel characters in this game, they might be less likely to buy a marvel game" and then ask WWE to remove that content... but I doubt that. I think it is because textures cause some freezing. I know I had a PWG logo on my calendar and it caused my to freeze. Once I removed it, I don't freeze any more. I am sure that 2k doesn't want the overall image of their first wwe game to be that it is a glitchy, buggy, freezy mess when in their mind a lot of this is caused by using hacked textures.

This. There is literally 0 legal issue with it because they didn't do it. If they had supplied it, then it would be. But you can't sue a company for what it's community does. The character is still technically not in the game. It would be like me taking a picture of the person and wearing it on my face. If I show up to a WWE event like this, can the other company sue WWE for the person's likeness appearing on WWE programming? No. I'm about 90% sure this is a 2K thing and has absolutely 0 to do with the WWE itself

But you are not getting paid to show up at a WWE event with a mask on.. That's the difference to me, the $$$.

And to me, 2K & WWE are getting paid for this game, & the people that are in it.. So why wouldn't some one like, Bray Wyatt, go to whoever over sees the game & say, "How am I in wwe 2k14, & not seeing any royalties?" (because some put his actual likeness in the game, via texture, thus giving him a reason to question it, rather than a in-game cas version of him)

And that's how it can become a WWE problem, too.

But you are not getting paid to show up at a WWE event with a mask on.. That's the difference to me, the $$$.

And to me, 2K & WWE are getting paid for this game, & the people that are in it.. So why wouldn't some one like, Bray Wyatt, go to whoever over sees the game & say, "How am I in wwe 2k14, & not seeing any royalties?" (because some put his actual likeness in the game, via texture, thus giving him a reason to question it, rather than a in-game cas version of him)

And that's how it can become a WWE problem, too.

I'm not quite too sure about the legal side of things but I'm sure they looked into it before adding anything so I don't think WWE can be held responsible for someones likeness added to the game (via illegal methods) by a user. I see what you mean about the whole thing but ultimately I think WWE can't be held accountable for what a user does.

Flip the situation a little. Say someone uses the grid/pixel-by-pixel method to create a TapouT logo. If you spend enough time you can make it completely accurate. Can you say that TapouT is justified in demanding royalties from WWE because someone who bought their game and made a logo? I think it's the same thing with texturing because it's a third party program that WWE doesn't distribute or control. I don't think WWE/2K will ever add a legal texture feature for that very reason.

But at least the TapOut logo, was made using what was available to us in-game, the paint tool & your art talent.. And it was not a pre made logo put into the game by means that were not intended by the console..

We all know hacking a console is not allowed, period. Even though some people do good things with it, it still does not make it so.

And it would be a wwe problem, more so, if it was some one under contract in the wwe.. But that could open the door for others to follow.. doesn't mean anything could happen to the wwe, but i'm sure some one would try.. speculation on my end.. The what if's.

This. There is literally 0 legal issue with it because they didn't do it. If they had supplied it, then it would be. But you can't sue a company for what it's community does. The character is still technically not in the game. It would be like me taking a picture of the person and wearing it on my face. If I show up to a WWE event like this, can the other company sue WWE for the person's likeness appearing on WWE programming? No. I'm about 90% sure this is a 2K thing and has absolutely 0 to do with the WWE itself

and it's not like said wrestlers name is in the game either. if it were, well then i can understand any legal issues.

i can almost assure you it has nothing to do with likeness rights and legal issues and all that stuff on the wwe end and has everything to do with the game developer wanting to keep stricter control on what content is available on their servers

i'm sure that the textures pointing out how bad some of their character models are doesn't help either

when the mankind created by bernielomaxdied is a million times better than the actual in game mankind superstar head that they literally charged extra money for, well that tells the whole story in my opinion

But at least the TapOut logo, was made using what was available to us in-game, the paint tool & your art talent.. And it was not a pre made logo put into the game by means that were not intended by the console..

We all know hacking a console is not allowed, period. Even though some people do good things with it, it still does not make it so.

And it would be a wwe problem, more so, if it was some one under contract in the wwe.. But that could open the door for others to follow.. doesn't mean anything could happen to the wwe, but i'm sure some one would try.. speculation on my end.. The what if's.

You don't understand it at all. They aren't making money off of the person's likeness in any ways. They sold you the game they made WITHOUT those people in it. They don't charge extra every time you download a CAW, if they did it would be different. But I can download as many things off CC as I can fit on a hard drive and I still only paid for what they gave me in game. Again, I don't think Kurt Angle is calling Vince saying "What the hell Vince, someone created me in your game??? I demand 20% royalty!!!!"

I get that, 7 yr. itch.. But why do we pay extra for dlc wrestlers.. Maybe because their likeness is in the game, not by cas, but by textures, their body model etc.. And said wrestler getting paid.. If it was not about the money, they could just give us crappy cas versions of them as dlc, & not take the extra steps to get a wrestlers exact likeness in the game.

And that's the line I'm drawing here, a caw made from the in-game mode vs. one made using facial textures, etc, in-game(which is not allowed, if so, we would have had a system in place, in the game to do so)

And isn't the guy who made the hacking tool getting paid, so you can use it??..

So why is it so hard to believe, that Kurt Angle wouldn't go to Vince?? If he knows the difference from a cas Angle, made from the cas mode(no textures), compared to one with his textures.. Thus putting his likeness in the game.. Not by drawing out the logos, his face, etc. in paint tool, which I would think he couldn't say anything then(bcuz that came from a person's artist nature)cause in-game is good, but no where near the exact likeness of Angle, by using outside means to put it in a game.?

i have a thought:

I'd like to see 2k give us an online creator, where the creations then get downloaded into CC. Kind of like what EA does with it's FIFA series where you create teams and players online, add images, upload them onto their server, and then download them in the game. That would be a better way to create guys as opposed to the in game creation mode.

I would love to see a texture importer for future WWE2K Games. I think the hack are causing an issue like Unfrozen Caveman Gamer said. (Checkout his sliders...Cheap Plug lol) The Jeff Hardy CAW I have will not load online and some superstar heads using textures won't show up when I play online for example CM Punk will wear all black. I would like to see 2K fix many of the errors from THQ because WWE2K14 was essentially a THQ game with 2K Presentation sprinkled on it. I hope no one else gets banned and hopefully Jared Rea can get you guys some answers.

Seems as though some CAWS who had custom renders/textures/etc got wiped clean on CC. I'm going through a few and instead of outright deleting the caw off the server, they've been defaulted to the base CAW in blue underwear.

That's actually an ongoing issue that has more to do with other factors other than renders. Several CAW makers who don't use injected logos have had that issue pop up. It may have more to do with the downloaded move pack than with renders.

If it was a likeness issue causing this, then a ton of CAWs would be gone. Kreay Fufu and Dre41 would be banned with everyone else. And all I've seen from wrestlers who end up having their likenesses in the game is positivity. You see it every day in wrestlers retweeting and commenting on how cool their digital selves are. No one is going to 2K demanding money from them.

I think this is 2K grasping at straws and trying to pin the blame on their buggy game on creators. If they want this to go away, then implement a full creation suite and embrace thid instead of running from it. A lot of companies are embracing a mod community around their games, why not do the same with this series?

OMG Auday you are banned too. This is a pandemic. 2k is making huge mistakes here. What are they gonna do if all of us quit making caws. Then their games will suck.

I didn't check but I am pretty sure I am, 70% of my caws are textured and I credit Spirito a lot, I will just Jtag my xbox, Modding is awesome

I aint even mad, y'all should have read the online rules before accepting them.

This.. It's not like we did not know that hacks/modding was a ban-able offense.. It was just a matter of time before this stuff was gonna start happening.. Even though these hacks/mods enhanced the quality of caws, it was still wrong to do, & everyone knows that.

I mostly mourn that we're about to lose an entire chunk of people who are good creators who want their stuff to look as good as possible. How many people are already stepping away because of this, or because of corrupted data, or because their works stolen on a daily basis. Instead of working with the creators like some companies do, they point at EULA and ban people without even giving them a solid answer. Lumping people who are actively looking to make the experience better in with the a-holes who hack movesets and cheat to raise their win rates is pretty crummy, and I don't blame anyone for wanting to take the game offline. If 2K wants to lose money, fine. If they want this series to stay stagnant, fine. If you guys are happy with logos and wrestlers that look "kinda sorta" like real wrestlers, but always look out of place...fine. Mediocrity wins again. Huzzah.

They may be facing some legal issues for banning people that downloaded material without knowing about any hacks as they are the source, and as the recipient fo a download I dont know its content till after I download it so they should be checking as I cant for any breaches off the usage rules for the CC.

you cant check a moveset till you have downloaded it.

and unless its a very obvious hack on the caws appearence you may not see it until you download it.

banning people for uploading a breach of the rules is one thing but downloading an item that cant be checked till after it has been downloaded is probably Illegal.

Archived