FAQ On Being Banned

Spirito

The policies for 360 and PS3 must be different because I've been banned for over a month and have yet to be unbanned even though like the original poster said it's supposed to be a 2 week ban/suspension for your first time "offense".

Honestly I didn't ever get anywhere with 2K Support after dealing with them for about 2 or 3 weeks, so Idk if it is even worth bothering trying to appeal it for those who also recently got banned. I supposedly got banned for "boosting" even though a. I only own one PS3 and b. I don't even play online on this game! You can't even access the cc server anymore so basically I had to make a brand new account and remake all my superstar threads, created championships and redownload all my caws and arenas and such. After dealing with them for about 2 weeks attempting to appeal it I finally got a message stating the reason why I was banned and then it said case was closed even though they completely ignored the fact I was trying to appeal the ban.

It is ridiculous that legit people and people uploading/using textures get banned for no reason and cheaters/hackers/exploiters/real boosters who have 1000 wins and 0 losses in online get away with it and nothing is done to them.

They have been banning alot of people recently it seems and I've noticed that often times they are for bs reasons that don't even apply to the ban-ee.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The usual standard for 2K. Cripple anything that improves their game and makes them look bad by hiding behind the erroneous
"hacking" claim. The game isn't crashing because people are introducing weird code, it's because they can't build a stable game to save their life.

I've had it. I'm keeping all my stuff offline until they give up this shit. And they can forget about 2K15. It's flat out.

Just so I understand this correctly...

If I've downloaded Wolfie's Sting or his NAO's...can I get banned just for having them on my system?...I do not play online whatsoever btw.

Or if I download a Nitro arena that has the actual logos is that cause for banning as well?

Anyone? (Echoes)

I'm quite curious with that too.

Yeah, after this damn stunt... I'll never buy another 2K game again. Such a great way to reward you customers by banning them for dumb ass reasons. And then having to wait how damn long, just to get back online with the game.

This has pissed me off more than any of the stupid ass shit that THQ has done.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, if they dont rectify this in a timely and reasonable manner, I'm done with this series.

Meaning that it should have died out along with THQ, bury them both together.

Gods, I really hope 5 Star Wrestling turns out to be good.

"This user has been caught hacking multiple times, cheating and making life hell for everyone else online, what should we do boss?"

"hm... let him go, I like the cut of his jib"

"okay... what about this user who has been uploading caws with textures on them to look more like what they are supposed to represent?"

"KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! BANHAMMER UP IN DIS BITCH!!"

if any of you actually buy wwe 2k15 after stuff like this, it's your fault. if a company is flat out going to give you the middle finger like this, you should really just stop supporting them. this game is already fundamentally broken on so many levels to begin with, and instead of working on patches to fix it they are using their time and resources to ban the userbase for making better caws?

Agreed 100%

I was thinking about the textures & renders.. & their maybe be some legal issues, as you are using there likeness now in a game, via renders & textures.. Especially those not associated with the WWE..

You can re- create their likeness, some what in the cas mode, but when you go add a face texture or tattoos, now their actually likeness is in the game, without their consent(sp?).. Could be the WWE, could be one of those wrestlers outside of WWE that seen it, & said "hey, someone put my likeness in a game, i should get paid"....

I would like to know where or what caused them to do this, cause I bet it has to do with their actual likeness of said wrestler in a game, & not getting $$$

I was thinking about the textures & renders.. & their maybe be some legal issues, as you are using there likeness now in a game, via renders & textures.. Especially those not associated with the WWE..

You can re- create their likeness, some what in the cas mode, but when you go add a face texture or tattoos, now their actually likeness is in the game, without their consent(sp?).. Could be the WWE, could be one of those wrestlers outside of WWE that seen it, & said "hey, someone put my likeness in a game, i should get paid"....

I would like to know where or what caused them to do this, cause I bet it has to do with their actual likeness of said wrestler in a game, & not getting $$$

Happens in their NBA games all the time. The Space Jam one just went viral and I highly doubt that they have the Looney Toons license. Its a picky choice on their part really. I agree with someone above, 2K15 will have a texture importing system of some kind and it will be revolutionary

I've been messing around over the last few weeks with how textures affect gameplay...

I had 10 logos on an arena (2x 256s and 8x 128s) as well as 4 CAWs with 10x 128 logos on them along with a show logo on the nameplate and textured belts and everything ran just fine. Tried a 6 man tag and it wouldn't load. Mind you, it also wouldn't load on Raw last time a tried with no textures at all in play...and besides that, it often freezes the second I select 6 Man/Tag Team - not when selecting wrestlers or waiting for the match to load. On top of that, I tried again the other day and with all the textures in play, a 6 man loaded up and played out in full without slowing down.

The game is glitchy and freezes regardless, the textures/renders really don't make a difference. Or if they do, it's very minimal.

I know about it the NBA series... But the WWE is a whole different monster, than the NBA..

But then why would 2K (same company) ban on one but not the other for modding? WWE definitely doesn't care about the online community, we already bought the game and the cash is in their hands. I doubt Vince is stressing his employees over textures in a video game.

We don't know if that is true, 7 yr. itch, Vince could do that, if he has to pay out $$$.. WWE/Vince has much more to do with their game, than the NBA does, imo..

I mean Vince/WWE are the reason for the crotch blur, getting rid of inter gender matches.. So it wouldn't be that far fetched, if they said no textures of any kind also.

We don't know if that is true, 7 yr. itch, Vince could do that, if he has to pay out $$$.. WWE/Vince has much more to do with their game, than the NBA does, imo..

I mean Vince/WWE are the reason for the crotch blur, getting rid of inter gender matches.. So it wouldn't be that far fetched, if they said no textures of any kind also.

Crotch blur and intergender are to cover themselves from the negative image of women being abused as well as people abusing not having the crotch blur to make lewd graphics. I'm willing to put money down that Vince doesn't know what textures in the game do or that they exist. If he can go on CC and point out which ones have them, I'd be surprised. This is post production/post release by a mile now, Vince has Wrestlemania coming up, I doubt he's watching the video game

then by that logic they might as well scrap CAS all together. how many times have seen guys like The D, WolfgangJT, BHANGRA MAN, Dr Vries ect. create actual wrestlers that look exactly like them and those wrestlers dont say anything(if thats whats happening here).

Can you even put a virus on a DDS image

I'm sure it's possible hypothetically. Though personally I find it hard to believe that it would ever happen. The image would need to fit into a container which I would assume is quite specific so I have doubts that a file with a virus could make it past checksums. Even more doubtful that anyone could make something that would kill a system if downloaded.

Like I said, the silver surfer, you can re-create their likeness in game enough already, but now by using renders & textures, you are now using their actual likeness, through a 3rd party(hacking, texture tool, etc.) so to speak.

by using old textures of past games & renders.. And bypassing the tools given to us in the in the CAS, & now purting their actual likeness in the game, I know their has to be some kind of legal issue with that. Because you now are not making a wrestler, etc. with the in-game tools.. Your taking it an extra step, by putting their actual likeness in the game, with renders & textures..

Now people of said textures & renders can say or go to the WWE & say.. "Hey, how is my likeness in your wwe 2k14 game, & I'm in TNA, ROH, etc... Am I gonna get some $$$?"

Do you understand now?? Look how long it took to get certain wrestlers in the game.. Some for personal reasons, some just don't want to be in the game.. Most want $$$ if the WWE is going to use the likeness of said wrestler in their game..

And people using textures & renders, granted for the right reasons, due to CAS limitations, are going around the fact that you are now using the likeness of someone, who may not want people using their actual face, through a texture, in a game, w/o being compensated for it, or other reasons.

Archived