FAQ On Being Banned

Spirito

Seeing as how you've technically paid for the privilage of online access (included with the cost of the game, but $10 on it's own)... if they block that access based on you simply using the service (i.e. downloading a texture and then reuploading a CAW with that texture)... I would think there would be some SERIOUS legal issues with that..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as how you've technically paid for the privilage of online access (included with the cost of the game, but $10 on it's own)... if they block that access based on you simply using the service (i.e. downloading a texture and then reuploading a CAW with that texture)... I would think there would be some SERIOUS legal issues with that..

Well, you are illegally modifying files and sharing them with thousands of other people, plus I'm pretty sure it states in their TOS that this shit doesn't fly. So as much as this situation pisses me off, they are legally within their rights to swing the banhammer.

Banning people for DOWNLOADING modded creations is a different story, but I haven't seen enough evidence to tell me that is happening.

I occasional look at this topic to see anybody else has been banned and see a lot of postings from people speculating on some of the stuff I posted such as users unknowingly being banned for downloading things they weren't aware of being hacked or rendered. I have no idea if the representative I spoke to at 2K was blowing smoke or not but that is in fact what he told me.

I occasional look at this topic to see anybody else has been banned and see a lot of postings from people speculating on some of the stuff I posted such as users unknowingly being banned for downloading things they weren't aware of being hacked or rendered. I have no idea if the representative I spoke to at 2K was blowing smoke or not but that is in fact what he told me.

There is a guy on the other site who was banned for playing fairly but they thought he had a hacked moveset.

That's BS, so now every time I DL a CAW I'm supposed to check each and every move to make sure it's not hacked? Move/Taunt Hacks are one thing, But Renders and Textures just enhance caws look, shouldn't amount to a ban, Plus there are ALLOT of caws with textures up on cc, Most with many downloads so there saying each and every person who downloaded theme could get banned? BS

I really don't understand how "textures" are "hacking" because they are in fact not textures at all... they are paint tool files. Textures... like the ones used in modding a computer game... replace actual game assets. These paint tools don't. They are no different from a file stand point than a paint tool made in the game. The only difference is that they are created using the unlimited power of a computer vs the extremely limited power of the in game creation tool which hasn't changed in years. I also don't think copyright is an issue. Plenty of games let you use your computer to import content into a console game. You can use EA's game face to import any celebrity, super hero, cartoon face into a variety of games. NCAA football allowed you to import any logo in the universe into the game. There are tons of other games that do this. This game series has ALWAYS been behind the times. Like, this is what the 4th or 5th year of universe and there is not even a hint of an online component to it yet. If anything, 2k should be asking themselves how a dude sitting on his couch, drinking a mountain dew and eating cheetos in his underwear can create something in their game that benefits thousands of users that they can't or won't bother figuring out how to do. I also noticed that most of the people who are pro 2K's stance on this are ps3 guys who really have no dog in the fight.

I really don't understand how "textures" are "hacking" because they are in fact not textures at all... they are paint tool files. Textures... like the ones used in modding a computer game... replace actual game assets. These paint tools don't. They are no different from a file stand point than a paint tool made in the game. The only difference is that they are created using the unlimited power of a computer vs the extremely limited power of the in game creation tool which hasn't changed in years. I also don't think copyright is an issue. Plenty of games let you use your computer to import content into a console game. You can use EA's game face to import any celebrity, super hero, cartoon face into a variety of games. NCAA football allowed you to import any logo in the universe into the game. There are tons of other games that do this. This game series has ALWAYS been behind the times. Like, this is what the 4th or 5th year of universe and there is not even a hint of an online component to it yet. If anything, 2k should be asking themselves how a dude sitting on his couch, drinking a mountain dew and eating cheetos in his underwear can create something in their game that benefits thousands of users that they can't or won't bother figuring out how to do. I also noticed that most of the people who are pro 2K's stance on this are ps3 guys who really have no dog in the fight.

1. How do you know who's a PS3 guy? I have both a Gamertag & a PSN on my profile. Am I a PS3 guy or an Xbox guy?

2. That's not entirely true. I've seen quite a few Xbox guys defend 2K, like Status. I'm on PS3 and I don't think banning people because they unknowingly downloaded a hacked CAW is right either.

3. Saying PS3 guys have no right to an opinion is an extremely arrogant thing to say. Just because the ammount of hacking is lower on the PS3 side doesn't mean we can't have an opinion.

First, that statement... which is one line in an entire paragraph was made based on an observation across multiple forums... not just this one. Second, I didn't say you can't have an opinion. I said you didn't have a dog in the fight which means, you have nothing to gain or lose if they stop people from using textures. It is easier to say "Yeah I agree 2k should ban anyone for uploading textures (that are not really textures at all)" when it doesn't really change anything for you. I would say the same thing for xbox users without Xbox Live. No dog in the fight. You don't run the risk of being banned. You also aren't losing out on quality creations like others are. You aren't affected in the least. That is all that statement means... period.

Ouch, sounds like an insult on PS3 creators.

Are you supposed to be trying to stir up stupidity or is that an actual observation? How in the bleep is that an insult to ps3 creators. The whole point is that it doesn't affect the ps3. If they ban these (I am not even calling them textures anymore) paint tool files, the quality of PS3 creations changes exactly 0%. It is neither better or worse. It has nothing to do with Ps3 creators at all. I don't play on PS3 so I wouldn't presume to say anything about the community creations there.

1. First, that statement... which is one line in an entire paragraph was made based on an observation across multiple forums... not just this one.

2. Second, I didn't say you can't have an opinion. I said you didn't have a dog in the fight which means, you have nothing to gain or lose if they stop people from using textures. It is easier to say "Yeah I agree 2k should ban anyone for uploading textures (that are not really textures at all)" when it doesn't really change anything for you. I would say the same thing for xbox users without Xbox Live. No dog in the fight. You don't run the risk of being banned. You also aren't losing out on quality creations like others are. You aren't affected in the least. That is all that statement means... period.

1. True. The rest of that paragraph wasn't nesesscary to what I was replying to though.

2. My apologies. I had never heard that expression before. I thought it was a way of saying "PS3 guys don't have textures, so they can't have an opinion.". Which is extremely arrogant. I do agree it's easier to defend something when you aren't affected by it though.

Are you supposed to be trying to stir up stupidity or is that an actual observation? How in the bleep is that an insult to ps3 creators. The whole point is that it doesn't affect the ps3. If they ban these (I am not even calling them textures anymore) paint tool files, the quality of PS3 creations changes exactly 0%. It is neither better or worse. It has nothing to do with Ps3 creators at all. I don't play on PS3 so I wouldn't presume to say anything about the community creations there.

You do know PS3 can texture too? In fact I think it's easier to do on PS3 now since you can do it on a retail PS3 not a jailbroken PS3 or a JTAG 360 which I think is the only way to get textures on 360 but don't quote me on that.

You do know PS3 can texture too? In fact I think it's easier to do on PS3 now since you can do it on a retail PS3 not a jailbroken PS3 or a JTAG 360 which I think is the only way to get textures on 360 but don't quote me on that.

That was last year. This year its actually the other way around.

Jared Rea WWE2K games Community manager has said and I quote "Hey folks,

Apologies for the delay but it took a fair amount of time for me to dive into this and find out how we handle moderation for WWE online content, who handles it and what that team's current direction is. Now that I've got that sorted out, I have some news to share.

First and foremost, it's important that I let you all know what the folks in charge of moderation are typically on the hunt for. In no particular order, the main targets are:

- Cheats in ranked gameplay (hacked CAWs and movesets)
- Offensive content (nudity, derogatory content, curse words, etc)
- Hacked movesets
- Hacked CAWs (invisible wrestlers, etc)
- Content promoting third-party tools in descriptions
- Descriptions containing offensive content (namely curse words)

It's also important that I let you all know that if you've downloaded content which resulted in the creator being banned, you won't be punished.. unless of course, you turn around and upload that content yourself.

Those who are banned for Community Creations receive a temporary 2 week ban, while bans served for ranked gameplay are permanent.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS...

Those who have been banned from Community Creations will have to allow their temporary 2 week bans to lapse. That's just how the system works, so I apologize for that.

Now that I've had a chance to meet with and chat with the moderation team, I hope you'll find that they'll be a bit more relaxed in their efforts should your Community Creations not fall into one of the categories above. Again, apologies for the delayed response. Thanks!"

I hope this helps everyone out.

Jared Rea WWE2K games Community manager has said and I quote "Hey folks,

Apologies for the delay but it took a fair amount of time for me to dive into this and find out how we handle moderation for WWE online content, who handles it and what that team's current direction is. Now that I've got that sorted out, I have some news to share.

First and foremost, it's important that I let you all know what the folks in charge of moderation are typically on the hunt for. In no particular order, the main targets are:

- Cheats in ranked gameplay (hacked CAWs and movesets)

- Offensive content (nudity, derogatory content, curse words, etc)

- Hacked movesets

- Hacked CAWs (invisible wrestlers, etc)

- Content promoting third-party tools in descriptions

- Descriptions containing offensive content (namely curse words)

It's also important that I let you all know that if you've downloaded content which resulted in the creator being banned, you won't be punished.. unless of course, you turn around and upload that content yourself.

Those who are banned for Community Creations receive a temporary 2 week ban, while bans served for ranked gameplay are permanent.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS...

Those who have been banned from Community Creations will have to allow their temporary 2 week bans to lapse. That's just how the system works, so I apologize for that.

Now that I've had a chance to meet with and chat with the moderation team, I hope you'll find that they'll be a bit more relaxed in their efforts should your Community Creations not fall into one of the categories above. Again, apologies for the delayed response. Thanks!"

I hope this helps everyone out.

Well he's off to a good start so far.

Personally I dont think they are doing a good job, and as a PR man he is just doing recovery work. the fact is when you appoint moderators they should get a set of detailed instructions as to what they are supposed to be doing, Ban happy morons that ban people at the drop of a hat should not have been given the job of moderator.

bottom line does it matter if people inject bitmaps( just graphics) into a game? not really, hacking movesets or unfair play, including hacked caws for gameplay advantage reasons IE: invisible/flying/super small online, should be all they bother with.

offline I really dont care if people hack stuff and play on thier own machine against the AI with every hack in the books, online that stuff matters offline its up to them.

I love the fact he had what 3 months from the game going online before this happend and did he talk to the moderators team once? no, I guess the fact that after the bans started just about every major forum had huge amounts of people saying they wont be buying 2k15, became a bit of a problem for them and they reversed course from Iron fist to apology.

Texturing is the same on both consoles yet Xbox has more people doing it.Just getting it out of the way. :laugh:

If that is the case... has anyone been banned on the ps3 side then? If not, then that there my friend is a whole new can of worms.

I have not heard anything about PS3 players getting banned i think it's cause we have better cawers(well just a lot more half decent ones). :laugh:

2k games with these pointless bannings for no good reason is bs. Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. I truthfully wish any other gaming company would have gotten the wwe license. 2k games plainly sucks. WWE need to get out of this contract as soon as possible before they ruin their video game franchise. THQ had its problems, but at least you could talk to the people you needed to if you had a problem. I talked to their corporate office at thq many times. Called 2k asked for a supervisor 5 times to be told no one could help me. 2k is garbage.

Archived