FAQ On Being Banned

Spirito

Heres the deal as it relates to the bans that are happening throughout the WWE2K14 community directly from 2K Support at 1-866-922-8693.

There are 3 main ways one can get banned from WWE2K14:

1. Posting or using a hacked moveset. Even if you unknowingly downloaded a hacked moveset you will be banned. Lets say for example SMK gave me a caw with a hacked moveset and then I upload it to CC. First off I will be banned and then every user who downloaded or reuploaded that caw will be banned. Knowingly or unknowingly it doesnt matter you will be banned

2. You post or download anything with a Nazi logo or with hate speech example being the N word on a t-shirt

3. Rank boosting. I had to ask the representative what that even means Lets say you have two Xbox live accounts and you log into both accounts just so you can win on one and lose on the other over and over and over again.

Finally the 4th and not so common way to be banned. UPLOADING ANYTHING TO CC THAT IS A TEXTURE MADE WITH AN OUTSIDE PROGRAM AND THIS INCLUDES RENDERS!

I had a lengthy conversation with the representative (at least 45 mins) I asked him to explain why adding a render would be bad as I can wrap my head around hacked movesets and how that will be bad as it will lead to cheating and ruining the online experience for others but a render only adds a level of realism to a caw and doesnt affect gameplay. The way it was explained to me is even by just adding a render you are hacking the game and putting untested code into the severs that they have no idea how it will effect game play. Basically he compared it to a virus.

Bans happen typically on Saturdays and 99.9% of the time are not for lifetime they are for two weeks and then you can get back online. Usually only repeat offenders get the lifetime ban.

I asked the representative if somebody can just make up a erroneous false claim and get somebody banned and I got a flat out NO as a response to that question. You need to post a picture proving that somebody is cheating or doing something bad online in order for them to get banned.

Why do I know all of this.???

I got banned Feb 15th for two weeks.

I have 8 Xbox live accounts on my Xbox as all my friends who come over and play Call of Duty leave their username ID and password live on my xbox at all times so even if my ban was for months I can still get online. Not to mention I have a 2nd personal account so I have nothing to worry about but for those that dont have the ban backup plan like I do fear not the ban is probably only for 2 weeks. My friends all do not play WWE2K14 so if they were to get banned they could care less. Future postings will come from those accounts and you will be alerted by twitter as to which user account to search on CC once things have been posted.

I hope this has helped answer all of the questions everybody is having.

Chris

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was banned for textures I believe. The reason I was given was because I uploaded something containing inappropriate language (Which I did, but it was a texture and from previous experience, stuff like that is just removed with no ban issued). That was on the 24th of January and last time I checked I still wasn't allowed back in. (Pretty sure it was after the two week mark).

so that means that the quality of CAW's is going to suffer massively and we won't be getting any rendered CAW's?
Now that sucks, this was the most awesome part about the game for me :(

Is there a way people can upload caw's somewhere, so we can put them on a flashdrive and add them to our game this way? :S

You shouldn't be relying on textures to make a CAW anyway. Textures are meant to enhance the CAW's appearance and add realism, you still should do a pretty decent morph and more for the texture to even go right.

Still though, that's some bullshit. People hack the NBA games all the time and 2k have little to say about that, I wonder what the difference is here.

I checked XBL again. Still banned. May contact them later and reference my last communications with them and ask for further info regarding the ban.

so that means that the quality of CAW's is going to suffer massively and we won't be getting any rendered CAW's?

Is there a way people can upload caw's somewhere, so we can put them on a flashdrive and add them to our game this way? :S

Yes, there is. That's probably the only way we'll be able to share CAWs with renders.

You shouldn't be relying on textures to make a CAW anyway. Textures are meant to enhance the CAW's appearance and add realism, you still should do a pretty decent morph and more for the texture to even go right.

Still though, that's some bullshit. People hack the NBA games all the time and 2k have little to say about that, I wonder what the difference is here.

Textures are more than faces though. I tend to use textures for tattoos because it allows for transparency, shirt logos, and even some attire textures (Jeans texture on tights for example)

I checked XBL again. Still banned. May contact them later and reference my last communications with them and ask for further info regarding the ban.

Yes, there is. That's probably the only way we'll be able to share CAWs with renders.

Textures are more than faces though. I tend to use textures for tattoos because it allows for transparency, shirt logos, and even some attire textures (Jeans texture on tights for example)

So they are banning people for uploading shirt logo textures? Wow thats lame. I wish someone else had the license.

if any of you actually buy wwe 2k15 after stuff like this, it's your fault. if a company is flat out going to give you the middle finger like this, you should really just stop supporting them. this game is already fundamentally broken on so many levels to begin with, and instead of working on patches to fix it they are using their time and resources to ban the userbase for making better caws?

Perhaps this is something that's over 2K's head? For years we could have intergender matches and it was removed at the request of WWE. Same goes for the crotch blur (According to the THQ crew). Perhaps WWE decided that they didn't want stuff like this happening. Would make sense because as said earlier, the NBA games get hacked and they aren't too anal about it. In any case though I find it incredibly idiotic that they go after people uploading textures that help improve the game for people rather than go after the people who frequently use hacked movesets (In Player Matches nonetheless).

Curiosity though: How do they actually know what's a texture and what's not? I mean with the size of the fanbase and how frequently content is uploaded, I don't really see how they could possibly find it without it being reported.

Archived