Idea For a New Championship

Scorpion™

Hell, Cruiserweight AND Hardcore would be sweet.

Rey bringing in the Cruiserweight title and maybe holding his own tournament would be an engaging way to do it. Unify the IC and US titles, create a new belt incorporating elements of both titles, and then there would be 6 solid belts in WWE.

I don't think we have enough people that would be useful to a hardcore scene. It would literally end up being Sheamus and Big Show in a chairs match for it instead of the old days with ridiculous Crash Holly, Mankind, Al Snow, Test, perry Saturn, Raven, Blackman, The Mean Street Posse, Gerald Briscoe. There were just so many guys doing nothing back then that it made sense. Now there aren't enough decent guys doing nothing. Although 24 hour rules would be a cool way to debut an NXT wrestler. Two guys brawling in the parking lot, Sami Zayne rolls up and pins one of them to win the title and they spend the next show looking for this new guy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My setup for a hardcore scene would go like this:

Have two guys like maybe Ziggler and Sandow have a match, someone gets dq'd for using a weapon. Next week, same match, other person gets dq'd. Next week, they have a HARDCORE match to settle it. Specify Hardcore, not No Holds Barred.

Next week, have Sandow in a match with Brodus, and about halfway through, Ziggler comes down the ramp and watches. Maybe even to the announce table. Then Sandow gets "a familiar look in his eye," gets a chair and uses it on Brodus.

Then maybe Brodus has a rematch with Sandow and Sandow is going to use a weapon, Tensai comes down to the ring and gets taken out, and Brawl with weapons ensues, and as more people get involved, have a newly aggressive Sandow claim to be the Hardcore Champion, using the old belt and everything.

I made this up as I went. Might be a little bland but it's a start. There are plenty of people to get a division going.

Why bring in a new title... When they can't book what they already have correctly?

Need to do something, can't just accept that they're bad and let them stagnate. Any change is good change, unless you'd just rather put up with what we have now instead because "who cares, they can't do it anyways"

Why bring in a new title... When they can't book what they already have correctly?

Need to do something, can't just accept that they're bad and let them stagnate. Any change is good change, unless you'd just rather put up with what we have now instead because "who cares, they can't do it anyways"

You took what I said out of context. I'm saying they can't manage what they currently have. If they brought in a new title it would just go down the same rout honestly. I'm not saying they shouldn't change things. Not at all. I'm saying make a change if their going to do it correctly and not half assed.

You took what I said out of context. I'm saying they can't manage what they currently have. If they brought in a new title it would just go down the same rout honestly. I'm not saying they shouldn't change things. Not at all. I'm saying make a change if their going to do it correctly and not half assed.

I came across too defensive, I apologize for missing your point a bit and making mine look like that of a douche haha. My point was that bringing in something like the TV title or even Cruiserweight would get people excited and possibly give them something to work with. Obviously we all have very little faith in creative right now, but if they unify the IC/US, bring in one of those other two titles in a cool way, it could do SOMETHING even for just us if WWE doesn't care.

They should make a WWE legends tittle.

No..

Yes, why not? Keep all these lame part timers away from the important titles. It sounds dumb, but it makes sense.

Because it's a really, really, really terrible idea. It sounds dumb because it is dumb. It doesn't make sense.

I'd rather see the Hardcore Title come back instead of the Cruiserweight Title, but that's just me.

I'd welcome both back.

Archived