Idea For a New Championship

Scorpion™

What would you all think of a title that would be for midcard talent but for only guys who are known as technical wrestlers? With a lot of Indy guys being signed in recent years it would be cool for them. Plus it could spicen up the midcard and give then something to do and would result on a lot of good matches

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that would work in WWE. By their logic, Miz would be eligible because he hits the leg a few times to do the figure 4.

Cruiserweight belt is something they need back.

Right, in WWE it'd be so many more cases of the title making the man instead of the man making the title. In this case, the title making someone a technical wrestler.

Would prefer Cruiserweight.

so kinda like the ROH pure championchip, huh?

That's what I was thinking.

I was thinking the other day maybe WWE should have something like the FCW 15 title. It's not a championship belt, but it's a medal. And I really liked the idea of defending it in a 15 minute ironman match.

I was thinking the other day maybe WWE should have something like the FCW 15 title. It's not a championship belt, but it's a medal. And I really liked the idea of defending it in a 15 minute ironman match.

I second this. The FCW 15 Championship was great, one of the best things about the final couple of years in FCW. Obviously the Ambrose/Rollins series was a highlight but it also gave guys like Rick Victor, who hadn't really been featured much at that point, a solid 15-minutes to go out there and wrestle.

Seems unnecessary, but I would definitely be in favor of bringing the cruiserweight title back. That's really the only belt that makes any sense to reinstate. In all seriousness though, they should have a WWE App championship...it would only be defended on the WWE App. I'll take my check now, WWE.

I second this. The FCW 15 Championship was great, one of the best things about the final couple of years in FCW. Obviously the Ambrose/Rollins series was a highlight but it also gave guys like Rick Victor, who hadn't really been featured much at that point, a solid 15-minutes to go out there and wrestle.

Yes! The 15 championship is one of my favorite titles, ever. I would be so happy if they brought something like that to Raw. The show is three hours long, I think they can spare fifteen minutes for one extra old school, back-and-forth wrestling match.

These types of matches can be so beneficial to both the winner and the loser. A guy like Santino Marella or Yoshi Tatsu that isn't typically showcased in anything other than squash matches and comedy segments not only has the opportunity to actually wrestle for a few minutes, but get a pin-fall or submission as well. You can book Brock Lesnar vs. Fandango in a fifteen minute iron man match, and half way through, Fandango catches him off guard with a quick inside cradle. Of course Brock completely decimates him for the other fourteen and a half minutes, but Fandango still walks away with a huge rub. The final score could be 30 to 1, but the fans will never forget the time Fandango pinned Brock clean.

Cruiserweight or Light Heavyweight title. With all the smaller guys they have coming out of NXT if they want, and the prospect of more, we could see some amazing matches. Would be as fresh as WCW bringing in the luchas basically. Get a good cap on it, don't let Gillberg hold the title. Hell, El Torito would actually run as an amazing gimmick champ because he can actually wrestle

Hell, Cruiserweight AND Hardcore would be sweet.

Rey bringing in the Cruiserweight title and maybe holding his own tournament would be an engaging way to do it. Unify the IC and US titles, create a new belt incorporating elements of both titles, and then there would be 6 solid belts in WWE.

Archived