People Copying My Work?

CONight

For the last several WWE games, (since SvR 2011 at least I think), I have made a CAW of the Spoiler, (the guy in my avatar image.) This year for the first time, I'm seeing other people make CAWs of him.

Now before I continue I want to make a couple things clear, I am not here to complain about people ripping off my work. (Apologies for the title of the thread.) On the contrary, I'm pleased that his popularity seems to have increased a even a little, and if someone can do a better job than me, I would be glad to see it. I also don't claim to be any top caliber CAW maker. I'm probably far from it. I'm quite terrible at making a superstar's face, which is why I stick to doing mainly masked wrestlers.

Some of you are probably thinking that since the Spoiler was a real wrestler, such a CAW wouldn't exactly represent much originality on my part. I certainly don't claim any ownership in any way. Nonetheless there is one thing that I find particularly interesting. When I created my Spoiler CAW, I looked at several different photos of the Spoiler and created a somewhat original attire set for him that was basically an amalgamation of the different attires he used to wear. So in a sense, I created an original appearance for him. Oddly enough all the other Spoiler CAWs I'm seeing pop up use this very design.

Just to reiterate though: I'm not calling anyone out for this, I have no demands for anyone's CAWs to be taken down. If the people that have made other Spoiler CAWs catch this, I'm not casting blame or asking for any apologies. Honestly, when I started seeing other Spoilers pop up I just smiled, and I actually appreciate other people having the slightest interest in making a CAW of him.

The only thing I do NOT appreciate is the ONE person who gave a thumbs down to MY Spoiler CAW. :annoy:

This might by closed down faster than a vegetable flying out of a fat kids mouth. Nice read tho'.

Why? I've seen other people complaining about people stealing their work. I'm not complaining though. I have no objections to the other Spoiler CAWs. I didn't even block my CAW from being re-uploaded. I started this thread primarily out of curiosity.

This might by closed down faster than a vegetable flying out of a fat kids mouth. Nice read tho'.

Why? I've seen other people complaining about people stealing their work. I'm not complaining though. I have no objections to the other Spoiler CAWs. I didn't even block my CAW from being re-uploaded. I started this thread primarily out of curiosity.

I see a lot of caws being stolen, as we all do every year, so it wouldn't be unlikely. It is something that exists unfortunately.

The one thumbs down might've been an accident. I've had a guy that had repeatedly given me a thumbs down on mine, but then the past couple he would give a thumbs up. If you're not careful, you think that you're switching to thumbs up when you go to that option.. you automatically/reflex action want to go left or right.

Probably just a mistake.

The one thumbs down might've been an accident. I've had a guy that had repeatedly given me a thumbs down on mine, but then the past couple he would give a thumbs up. If you're not careful, you think that you're switching to thumbs up when you go to that option.. you automatically/reflex action want to go left or right.

Probably just a mistake.

Yes. This exactly. I have one guy in particular who has given a thumbs down to a few of my CAWs while leaving positive comments on them. Unfortunately, if you leave a thumbs down by mistake and send it, you can't change it back. You can go back and edit your comment, but not change thumbs up/thumbs down.

I'm pissed because I have a Ken Shamrock up on CC with 20 total reviews, and only one is negative. The thing is the guy gave me a thumbs down and then wrote "excellent job!", so he made the mistake of giving me a thumbs down. If not for this I'd be one of the highest rated creators. Needles to say I think the current rating system on CC is awful. I miss the 5 star rating system introduced in SvR 10.

Archived