Some Interesting AI Slider Info

xirtamehtsitahw

The Stamina Rate slider governs not just the amount of stamina gained and lost (it would be pointless to include as a slider if it did nothing while the stamina system is turned off).

It also governs how aggressive the AI is toward you. If you zero it out, the AI is slow and methodical, and more "clever" in its usage of moves and reversals. Max it out, and the AI goes hog-wild on both moves and reversals. Basically, it's the "master switch" in terms of how "cheap" the AI is.

I recommend maxing out the AI-reversal-frequency sliders and the reversal-window-size sliders, while zeroing out the stamina slider, and leaving the momentum-gain sliders at five ticks from the left (otherwise, both you and the AI gain finishers far too quickly). As for the damage-ratio sliders, I suggest zeroing those out as well, as finishers and weapon attacks do enough damage as it is.

I don't like really short matches (as in less than 3 minutes long), where either you or the AI is in control the whole time. I like back-and-forth, roughly 10-minute matches, because that way both you and the AI eat a bunch of moves, and are exhausted at the end of the match, without burning out in only a couple of minutes.

Archived