Why Make Randy Orton WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

UnleashF-5Fury

He's one of the best but they book everything like shit.

If he was truly one of the best he'd turn shit into gold, just saying. Yeah, booking hasn't been good to him, but he's had opportunities to shine and he hasn't. He also can't control a crowd, when they turn on him that's it.

Why would he need to turn a crowd on him when they already hate him and he's a heel? You give Bryan the excuse of being booked badly and I agree but you aren't giving Orton the same.

I said when they turn on him he can't bring them back. They don't turn on him chanting typical invoked heel stuff, they chant nonsensical stuff because he's not engaging the crowd at all and when they've gone that way he can't bring them back, he, himself doesn't invoke much reaction. He doesn't buy people into him or the product, xpac heat isn't the same.

The Bryan thing is completely different, I don't blame booking for Bryan's crowd connection and ability. I blame booking for bit pushing him, but that's entirely different as to blaming booking entirely if a wrestler isn't invoking the desired reaction. He's had opportunities all year long. He's failed at all of them.

He act accordingly to the crowd, in a lot of matches and in promos. It's not true that he doesn't do that. He's never the focal point of anything since becoming champion so he won't get the reactions based on what he does rather than what his opponents or the people behind him do. He always drew reactions pre-authority storyline.

If he acted accordingly to the crowd he'd be over.

Over-scripted shows plus bad positioning.

Which isn't a valid excuse. You're putting all of the blame on booking which isn't fair when he's had plenty of air time and plenty of opportunities to generate some decent heat and become over to a degree. I'm not blaming Orton entirely, I'm saying that the blame is in two different areas, booking for not doing him many favors and himself for not taking advantage of the ample amount of opportunities he's had.

If he was truly one of the best he'd turn shit into gold, just saying. Yeah, booking hasn't been good to him, but he's had opportunities to shine and he hasn't. He also can't control a crowd, when they turn on him that's it.

Why would he need to turn a crowd on him when they already hate him and he's a heel? You give Bryan the excuse of being booked badly and I agree but you aren't giving Orton the same.

I said when they turn on him he can't bring them back. They don't turn on him chanting typical invoked heel stuff, they chant nonsensical stuff because he's not engaging the crowd at all and when they've gone that way he can't bring them back, he, himself doesn't invoke much reaction. He doesn't buy people into him or the product, xpac heat isn't the same.

The Bryan thing is completely different, I don't blame booking for Bryan's crowd connection and ability. I blame booking for bit pushing him, but that's entirely different as to blaming booking entirely if a wrestler isn't invoking the desired reaction. He's had opportunities all year long. He's failed at all of them.

He act accordingly to the crowd, in a lot of matches and in promos. It's not true that he doesn't do that. He's never the focal point of anything since becoming champion so he won't get the reactions based on what he does rather than what his opponents or the people behind him do. He always drew reactions pre-authority storyline.

Which isn't a valid excuse. You're putting all of the blame on booking which isn't fair when he's had plenty of air time and plenty of opportunities to generate some decent heat and become over to a degree. I'm not blaming Orton entirely, I'm saying that the blame is in two different areas, booking for not doing him many favors and himself for not taking advantage of the ample amount of opportunities he's had.

I am not putting the blame on booking entirely but he's over to to a degree despite the shitty position he's in. You said he'd be able to get over regardless of booking if he was one of the best. He was booked terribly on SD before. He was a face with a terrible character for a face and had to go against beloved people. He still got cheered like crazy week in and week out. He does get decent heat these days and plays into it. He's not doing anything wrong bar the unprofessional backstage behavior

I am not putting the blame on booking entirely but he's over to to a degree despite the shitty position he's in. You said he'd be able to get over regardless of booking if he was one of the best. He was booked terribly on SD before. He was a face with a terrible character for a face and had to go against beloved people. He still got cheered like crazy week in and week out. He does get decent heat these days and plays into it. He's not doing anything wrong bar the unprofessional backstage behavior

He's not even remotely over. Sorry mate but he isn't. He's been the champion for 7 months, he should be over but he isn't. Bryan's been booked like shit and he's the most over wrestler in the world. Bryan's been given less opportunities than Orton has had.

He's not even remotely over. Sorry mate but he isn't. He's been the champion for 7 months, he should be over but he isn't. Bryan's been booked like shit and he's the most over wrestler in the world. Bryan's been given less opportunities than Orton has had.

But he is, he gets heat, just not a lot. Bryan is as over as he is because he's very charismatic and the people want the authority to fail while holding the small, relatable guy down.

But he is, he gets heat, just not a lot. Bryan is as over as he is because he's very charismatic and the people want the authority to fail while holding the small, relatable guy down.

You're saying that the authority is hated? They don't even generate much reaction either. Bryan's over because of Bryan, he's fresh and charismatic, it has little to do with the stale, authority angle. If they drew heat I'd agree but they don't. When Orton's music hits there's zero reaction. When he talks silence.

I guess I'll agree to disagree on this one :)

Better question: why book Randy Orton to be a weak champion?

He always, ALWAYS, fails to put down Daniel, either losing to him or coming close to losing to him. He has complained about opponents, being attacked, and unfair treatment even though as a champ and given the older characters, he should be finding ways to overcome any challenges without relying on help. Big Show may be huge, but Randy shouldn't have begged for help, he should have been able to win on his own somehow. like, nearly all of his wins have not been clean.

Randy has rarely ever looked strong since becoming a champ. He either can't win cleanly or whines too much.

So, what exactly is Orton's character other then having generic heel traits?

He had that condition that made him really angry that one time...and he also decided that he didn't like legends. And uh...uh...nope, I got nothin'.

I PUNT HEADS!!!

...on occasion.

He always, ALWAYS, fails to put down Daniel, either losing to him or coming close to losing to him. He has complained about opponents, being attacked, and unfair treatment even though as a champ and given the older characters, he should be finding ways to overcome any challenges without relying on help. Big Show may be huge, but Randy shouldn't have begged for help, he should have been able to win on his own somehow. like, nearly all of his wins have not been clean.

Randy has rarely ever looked strong since becoming a champ. He either can't win cleanly or whines too much.

Randy has never looked strong since he started his feud with John Cena so many years ago.

^ THIS ^

Again WHY do these things to your World Champion? And quote unquote "Face of the WWE"?

That's how they book heels nowadays. Plus, as Punk said they don't book long-term anymore and you can literally see that throughout the past year how most of their decisions are made on the fly and how they don't commit to angles, they're suffering with sense of direction. When you consistently book like that you disengage the audience, exactly what has happened now, add that with the sense that they're ignoring their audience, that makes for reactions like that of the rumble. Creative and booking needs a complete overhaul.

Maybe it's a dream sequence. He's going to lose the belt at Elimination Chamber. Then, on Raw, they'll show him sleeping in his home. Then the phone will ring and he'll answer it in a cold sweat, saying "no...no, it was the worst thing ever! I lost the belt to Daniel Bryan in the Elimination Chamber"...and Vince will be on the other line and he'll say "Randy, my boy...you haven't been the champion since 2010". Then he'll scream and wake up a second time, but this time he'll be sleeping against a wall in a public bathroom, dressed as a janitor. He'll wake up and start mopping, then he'll walk out into the lobby and look at the television and Daniel Bryan will be defending the title against Antonio Cesaro. And Orton will say "Damn those guys are good. One day I'll be a WWE superstar"...and he'll lock up his janitorial supplies, punch his card, get into his ford focus and drive home.

All I can do is applaud this.

Maybe it's a dream sequence. He's going to lose the belt at Elimination Chamber. Then, on Raw, they'll show him sleeping in his home. Then the phone will ring and he'll answer it in a cold sweat, saying "no...no, it was the worst thing ever! I lost the belt to Daniel Bryan in the Elimination Chamber"...and Vince will be on the other line and he'll say "Randy, my boy...you haven't been the champion since 2010". Then he'll scream and wake up a second time, but this time he'll be sleeping against a wall in a public bathroom, dressed as a janitor. He'll wake up and start mopping, then he'll walk out into the lobby and look at the television and Daniel Bryan will be defending the title against Antonio Cesaro. And Orton will say "Damn those guys are good. One day I'll be a WWE superstar"...and he'll lock up his janitorial supplies, punch his card, get into his ford focus and drive home.

Well this was great

Imagine Orton as a janitor though. Exactly like he his, ripped, tattooed, pretty boy etc. and he's working on some public toilets. Lmfao.

"My name is Randy Orton and I am the face of this company."

Imagine him saying that while he cleans some toilets

Archived