Link to Glaring Examples of WWE Game cheap AI

xirtamehtsitahw

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TheComputerIsACheatingBastard/WWEVideoGames

The above is a link to a bunch of examples of cheap AI in WWE games, most of which were made by THQ and Yukes.

One of the examples backs up my claim that the game does have a "mind of its own" and doesn't like it when you go "against its wishes" for you to lose--yes, the game will freeze OUT OF SPITE if you are winning or actually win too many times, during times it wants you to lose.

However, spiteful game freezes aside, there are steps you can take to neutralize a lot (if not ALL) of the Legend-difficulty AI's insane level of cheapness: use a jokered no-pinfalls CWCheat code to counter the AI's tendency to both briefly hide the kickout meter as well as its insane capabilities of nearly endlessly reversing their (reversed reversal of their reversed) leverage-pin (reversal).

The most transitions I've ever seen was fifteen in a row, after which the AI, still not wanting to give in to the fact that I was the better-equipped wrestler (and hacker), KICKED OUT AT 2!

The only matches I know of where the no-pinfalls code won't work involve the Elimination Chamber or Steel Cage (if pinfalls are active in a Cage match). Battle Royals involving pinfalls still allow the code to work.

The final nail in the anti-AI-cheapness "coffin" involves extensively hacking a CAW's moveset to greatly stem a lot of the AI's excessive counter-spamming. This involves replacing grappled strikes with struggle submissions, standing struggle submissions with powerful strike combos, and ordinary chain grapples with in-game finishers and signature moves. I could extend the anti-AI "forcefield" to include ground grapple/submission/strike replacements and groggy grapples/submissions, as well. That would eliminate about 90 percent of the AI's cheapness right there.

There would be NO way on God's green Earth that even the cheapest AI could defeat the Pokemon equivalent of the entire United States Armed Forces! LOL

Here is as complete a list of dirty tricks the AI will pull on you as I can come up with, and they use them almost constantly (the AI is INCAPABLE of playing fair on Legend difficulty).

1. Repeated usage of nearly impossible-to-counter fast strikes (such as jabs and chops--nearly every character has one)

2. Repeated usage of nearly impossible to counter grappled strong strikes (which leave you stunned, thus hiding the reversal icon)

3.Blatantly hiding the reversal icon while attempting ground grapples

4. Repeating the same suddenly counter-proof ground grapple several times in a row

5. Gaining momentum much faster, and losing it much slower, than you

6. Remaining capable of using their finisher for longer than you

7. Getting up from the mat faster than you

8. Reversing nearly every move you make, no matter what it is, or how fast it is

9. Repeatedly resetting the "move selling" animation by waiting until JUST before it finishes, then hitting you with another ground strike or grapple.

10. Waiting until JUST before a taunt ends before hitting you in the midst of taunting, thus denying you the momentum the taunt would've gained you, PLUS costing you momentum from the strike or grapple you just ate.

11. Remaining in a pinfall and submission-resistant state for a lot longer than you can. Normally it takes three submission releases to burn off an AI wrestler's resilience. However, I've seen them remain resilient after four or even five submission releases. Maybe the AI forgot how to count...?

12. Delaying the appearance of the kick-out meter until after the ref counts 1, thus making it nearly impossible (barring the usage of a pin-count-reset code) to kick out in time.

13. Making the kick-out meter fill up a lot slower than necessary, in an attempt to force a loss by pinfall down your throat.

14. Deliberately ignoring your correctly-timed kick-out or pinfall reversal, thus making the 3 count still occur.

15. Changing whom your character is targeting, often making him hit the referee or your tag partner. That's right--the AI wrestlers can use Jedi mind tricks on you! I've actually been DQed for this!

16. Making your tag partner suddenly incapable of exiting the ring, forcing your team to lose by DQ. This happens (albeit more rarely) to the AI, as well. The pinfall-reset code I have also seems to affect 5-counts and ring-out counts, and is effective in eliminating this bit of AI cheapness (resetting the count seems to break the invisible barrier, thus allowing my tag partner to exit the ring).

I believe I've covered pretty much all bases here--except ONE: eventually, if you continue to pound the super-cheap AI into the ground, there will come a time when the game will have had enough, and if the AI cannot FORCE you to lose, it can still rob you of your imminent victory...by FREEZING THE GAME. Thankfully, this game-freeze-if-you're-winning glitch is vanishingly rare; most of the time the game freeze arises from some other bug in the game (the most frequent one I encounter involves failing to trigger the autosave upon changing shows).

Archived