Why ******* Can Use His Name (Containts iMPACT Spoilers)

Trademark

The reason why former WWE star MVP can use that name in TNA is because he created the acronym himself. He likely will not be able to use the full Montel Vontavious Porter name, as WWE created it.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/449469-steve-austin-speaks-out-on-cm-punk-leaving-wwe-video-why-mvp-can-use-his-name-in-tna-tna-taping-one-night-only-ppv-today

May I ask then why can CM Punk use his name in WWE? he was called CM Punk in ROH and TNA. :o

Because they thought so little of him when they first signed him, they didn't bother copywriting his name.

Plus I think Paul Heyman fought for him to keep the name.

May I ask then why can CM Punk use his name in WWE? he was called CM Punk in ROH and TNA. :o

Because they thought so little of him when they first signed him, they didn't bother copywriting his name.

Plus I think Paul Heyman fought for him to keep the name.

That's what Punk said in his doc. Paul was the reason he wasn't messed with or re-packaged.

I thought they had rights to his name, or a form of it anyway. Doesn't WWE own the name CM Punk, and Punk owns the name C.M. Punk?

I thought they had rights to his name, or a form of it anyway. Doesn't WWE own the name CM Punk, and Punk owns the name C.M. Punk?

Nope....at the most they might own a few of the catchphrases or nicknames he had in wwe but he has been very vocal about keeping his name his

No, Punk owns both.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived