I hate when you watch WWE....

AssaultDriver720

Who's trying to hide the bad moments? There were bad moments, unlike today they were momentary, today is predominately awful, in reference to characters, their development and storylines. The current era started in 2008.

Are you kidding me? 2013/14 is a completley different WWE in comparison to 2008.

The AE had some great stories, but they seriously are a minority. Just like today.

Some things had a lot potential, but were horribly done. Ministry of Darkness, Corporation, the whole Tag-Team Division after the LOD left, Blue Blazer, naked Mideon, sexual chocolate, etc

For the most of the AE they tried to cover up the flaws with violence, swearing and nudity

this !!!!! the ministry of darkenss had the potential but they ruined it...

and i remember when ppl were complaining that they wanted more wrestling than acting and now they got it and they complain again loool. as a wrestling wise , it has to be one of the best era ever ,as a storyline characters not the best but its great and yes there are alot of problems right now just like always, and you cant compare 2011 - 2014 with 2008 -_-, the summer of punk made a new era imo

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the feeling of the old shows, they felt badass, like someone here said, Big Bossman dragging Big Show's dad's coffin, there was little to no pop songs, all rock songs.

I've been hoping for something great to happen ever since 2008.

In fact, I can pinpoint exactly when I realized that the upcoming few years wouldn't be great, it was Survivor Series 2008 when John Cena beat Chris Jericho. I was just plain bored and have been feeling like this ever since that night.

The only exception is WrestleMania.

aas tag team division, in 1998 it was poor, NAO and LOD the only two tag teams that were a treat for the tag division but then in 1999 we had E&C , hardyz, dudleyz... but you cant take away the amazign tag team division from today too

Amazing teams, but too many title changes in a ridicoulos short time. Atleast for my personal taste^^

Just to clear something up...

I don't have a problem when you prefer one era to another. But if you say one era is the best because of all the best things and one is bad because of all bad things...that's stupid

I agreed but People got offended by Punk pouring Fake ashes on Taker and a Lawler joke. ( which he agreed with) so forget about getting a little bit more edgier.

True story. People clamor for edginess, but when it happens, people complain. What Punk did and said weren't even that bad, yet people didn't like it.

This is what edgy is. Didn't someone steal Big Show's dad's coffin at the funeral or something? Or WWE had Torrie's dad die of a heart attack? Seems one way or another, someone will complain about something. "omfg that's not edgy, that's just cheap heat/pop!!!!11"

Big Show's storyline dad, and Torrie Wilson's storyline dad. That's the difference, just saying.

WWE has more unique characters and recognisable faces now then did the whole of the attitude era.

Really?

Let me recall from the AE.

Stone Cold

Kane

Undertaker+Ministry

Mankind

DX

(those alone are more entertaining than the ones we have now)

Rock

Jericho

Vader

and I'm pretty sure there are a lot more.

Summer of Punk makes a new era yet absolutely nothing changed, so I guess the summer of Bryan made yet another new era as well?

LAWL.

it made the wwe a bit edgier for example some words like son of a b and etc and blood and etc. they call it the reality era for a reason

Nah, absolutely hell no

aas tag team division, in 1998 it was poor, NAO and LOD the only two tag teams that were a treat for the tag division but then in 1999 we had E&C , hardyz, dudleyz... but you cant take away the amazign tag team division from today too

Amazing teams, but too many title changes in a ridicoulos short time. Atleast for my personal taste^^

Just to clear something up...

I don't have a problem when you prefer one era to another. But if you say one era is the best because of all the best things and one is bad because of all bad things...that's stupid

Who's done that? I haven't. I've discussed both the good point and bad points of all eras. You haven't and others that put down the attitude era haven't.

Summer of Punk makes a new era yet absolutely nothing changed, so I guess the summer of Bryan made yet another new era as well?

LAWL.

it made the wwe a bit edgier for example some words like son of a b and etc and blood and etc. they call it the reality era for a reason
Blood? Blood? BLOOD? You still think they blade...? Son of a bitch has rarely if at all been said on wwe since 2008.

Punk did have an impact, much like Austin's famous promo, the difference being things and the landscape changed some time after Austin's promo, nothing has changed since Punk's promo. So no, 2011 was not a dawning of a new era, it could and should have been but it wasn't.

I don't even see the need for blood, either. Matches can be great without it.

I agree with you that it's not necessary. However, some matches are better with blood to really show the intensity of the feud and hatred that the competitors have for each other.

I agreed but People got offended by Punk pouring Fake ashes on Taker and a Lawler joke. ( which he agreed with) so forget about getting a little bit more edgier.

True story. People clamor for edginess, but when it happens, people complain. What Punk did and said weren't even that bad, yet people didn't like it.

This is what edgy is. Didn't someone steal Big Show's dad's coffin at the funeral or something? Or WWE had Torrie's dad die of a heart attack? Seems one way or another, someone will complain about something. "omfg that's not edgy, that's just cheap heat/pop!!!!11"

Big Show's storyline dad, and Torrie Wilson's storyline dad. That's the difference, just saying.

Still don't see the whole point in complaining about what Punk did if no one complained about Torrie or Show, even if it's just fake. Anyone gets edgy, people will complain nowadays. Especially when there are more kids watching now than there probably were in Attitude Era.

I don't even see the need for blood, either. Matches can be great without it.

Hell in a cell , elimination chamber , Fisrt blood match ( too bad wwe took this match away) T.L.C ....extreme rules , Intense rivalry ectect ....Blood is need it in some matches.

hell in a cell is pointless now , they should just remove it.

Forget the Attitude Era on it's own, the late 90's featured not just arguably WWE's best period in time ever, but we also had WCW at a time when the nWo and a ton of other great acts were still great or in their prime. WCW had Sting when he could still go, now there is just TNA and they have a Sting that is well past his prime and a bunch of WWE rejects.

I can't imagine a 30 year old in 2034 yearning for Funkasaurus return or a R TIME=NOW shirt.

I couldn't agree more.

Yeah you know what? Maybe they wont be yearning for the Funkasaurus, but they will be yearning for CM Punk, Randy Orton, the Shield, the match quality and the like.

I can't imagine a 30 year old in 2034 yearning for Funkasaurus return or a R TIME=NOW shirt.

I couldn't agree more.

Yeah you know what? Maybe they wont be yearning for the Funkasaurus, but they will be yearning for CM Punk, Randy Orton, the Shield, the match quality and the like.
Don't be ridicoulos. Who would want CM Punk or The Shield over the main event playa?

Archived