I hate when you watch WWE....

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mediocrity being accepted is annoying.

The show is pretty good right now though. So, I can't complain. Also, there was a lot of terrible shit in every era. I'd say this one has actually been pretty good, with a few exceptions.

Wrestling I agree with you. Characters, storylines and direction, the era has been terrible. I'm not saying bring back the AE or AE 2.0, that wouldn't work, rehashes wouldn't survive in this era but you take nuances and elements of past eras that were successful and apply them in new eras, just like the attitude era and ruthless aggression era did. What has this era taken and learnt from previous eras bar popularity and exposure?

Wrestling I agree with you. Characters, storylines and direction, the era has been terrible. I'm not saying bring back the AE or AE 2.0, that wouldn't work, rehashes wouldn't survive in this era but you take nuances and elements of past eras that were successful and apply them in new eras, just like the attitude era and ruthless aggression era did. What has this era taken and learnt from previous eras bar popularity and exposure?

Oh yeah...this for sure. There's no doubt that the current WWE has all of the elements to be the best era ever, but it's obviously being held back by things like political correctness and a lack of forward thinking. There are times though, where things happen that surpass all expectations. The current WWE is kinda like a big pond. Someone tossed a whole bunch of goldfish in there and a lot of them have died, some are barely hanging on...then you have others that are healthy and full of life. But every once in a while, one of those fish emerges from the depths and it's bigger and more beautiful than you thought possible. I think the end of last night's Raw was one such instance where we saw one of those monster fish. And it proves that this era will not only continue to be tolerable, but might actually surpass earlier eras. Every era is only as good as the sum of its parts. The end might justify the means.

Oh yeah...this for sure. There's no doubt that the current WWE has all of the elements to be the best era ever, but it's obviously being held back by things like political correctness and a lack of forward thinking. There are times though, where things happen that surpass all expectations. The current WWE is kinda like a big pond. Someone tossed a whole bunch of goldfish in there and a lot of them have died, some are barely hanging on...then you have others that are healthy and full of life. But every once in a while, one of those fish emerges from the depths and it's bigger and more beautiful than you thought possible. I think the end of last night's Raw was one such instance where we saw one of those monster fish. And it proves that this era will not only continue to be tolerable, but might actually surpass earlier eras. Every era is only as good as the sum of its parts. The end might justify the means.

Agreed, good post and we haven't even really mentioned the consistency of the quality of matches. But, I'm assuming the op wasn't really referencing what we're discussing, more along the lines of the other kind of fans if you know what I mean, lol.

Also worth noting: I think a lot of the people who want modern WWE to be like "the good old days" will shut up after the Network launches. Because they will either A) Be able to get their fix of the old WWE...or B) Realize that the old WWE wasn't as great as they actually remember it being.

Also worth noting: I think a lot of the people who want modern WWE to be like "the good old days" will shut up after the Network launches. Because they will either A) Be able to get their fix of the old WWE...or B) Realize that the old WWE wasn't as great as they actually remember it being.

B will most likely happen, with many people complaining on here how it wasn't as perfect as it was made out to be.

im watcing the attitude era right now, im gonna watch from 1997-till 2002 and then maybe 2003-2004

i just finished july 1998, 1997 was sooooooooooo boring with same amtches over and over,after summerslam it was better but not better than the current , and 1998 i have to admit it that 1998 is great, bit it has its weak points too, for example the boxing tournament is stupid, but its great because you have dx turning face and in their prime,the rock becoming wha the is, taker turning bad ass, austin in his prime ,and kane was unpredictable same goes with mankind... and then you have new stars debuting like gangrel ,edge and etc, so in a new year everything was new and thats why it was amazing. but ppl are too much about the ae,

people say "WWE isn't the same, i miss the god old days" shit is annoying as *Censored* of course it isn't the same its a different time and era. I feel most people just WWE back then because it was the "cool" thing to watch.

Or maybe it was because it was a quality product. It is also irritating when people dismiss people who criticize the current product as being "annoying".

people say "WWE isn't the same, i miss the god old days" shit is annoying as *Censored* of course it isn't the same its a different time and era. I feel most people just WWE back then because it was the "cool" thing to watch.

Or maybe it was because it was a quality product. It is also irritating when people dismiss people who criticize the current product as being "annoying".

All humans are annoying. Argument nullified on both accounts.

They do really need to get rid of this PG crap, it's hard to get into the characters personality with restrictions like this

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and The Shield are all proof that this mindset is bullshit.

PG isn't a problem, it's inconsistent and nonsensical booking that is.

But what about the other superstars that can't get over with the crowd because of PG? PG just doesn't make sense for wrestling at all

They do really need to get rid of this PG crap, it's hard to get into the characters personality with restrictions like this

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and The Shield are all proof that this mindset is bullshit.

Pretty much.

But what about the other superstars that can't get over with the crowd because of PG? PG just doesn't make sense for wrestling at all
...... Huh?

How is the TV rating PG holding JTG back from getting over?

Exactly. Sure it outweighted the bad, but there was alot of terrible shit as well on a weekly basis.

Actually, in this day and age i prefer watching the current product. The Atitude era was good for it's time because that was a time when shock/vulgair TV was the "It" thing. But times change and people need to realise that.

I watched the second half of 2001 a couple of months ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it much more than I've enjoyed this past year.

Commentators were better, there were more diverse characters, new storylines, not many gimmick PPV, etc.

And big emphasis on commentators were better.

One thing that I've noticed, is that no matter what the product is, everything sucks the further we get into the future.

You see, after so much time passes, creativity stalls and eventually everything is done over time, leaving nothing new to create. That always - at least in WWE - leads to the creative team coming up with painfully uninteresting angles and cringe-inducing gimmicks; The Funkasaurus, Corporate Kane, Kelly Kelly actually performing in the ring, etc.

I haven't watched WWE in 3 years, and I've actually been kind of avoiding it. The product has improved over that time, but since it's been in the freaking hole for the past 5 years, that doesn't say much. At all.

I also think it would spruce up the program if they added tag titles for the Divas' division.

Yo dude, the PG rating has nothing to do with superstars not recieving pushes? That has everything to do with management and creative's d***-minded habit of misusing talent...and also said talent's willingness to perform certain "favors" for certain higher-ups in the company.

This era just needs better writers and Vince McMahon needs to either try harder to get with the times or let someone else do the job.

Make all the championships important again

Give superstars more freedom and airtime to improve their character.

Start aiming to at the game of thrones/Walking Dead crowd rather than the realworld reality show group.

Basically get creative already.

Archived