Samoa Joe Speaks On Vince Russo & Kidnapping Angle

wcwnwo

Samoa Joe was recently on Konnan's podcast on MLW Radio, and spoke about working with Vince Russo and the infamous kidnapping angle. Here is what he had to say…

"You want me to break the silence on that? I don't like getting in verbal spats with people who I don't think are worth my time or my effort and a dude in particular is Vince Russo. This cat, I don't have a problem with Vince Russo. When he left I just told him, it is what it is. He always had 22 million reasons for making the decisions that he made. But when Hogan and Bischoff came in they said, ‘Oh we have this great idea. We are going to do this thing and take you off of TV and re-brand you. Do all this other stuff. We do this kidnapping thing and you come back as a psychopath.' I was cool with it.

I sat at home for 3 months on a bitching ass vacation. I had one of the best vacations in the history of vacations. Paid vacation. Getting ready so I call them back week after week, ‘What do you guys need me to do'. They would say ‘We are still coming up with something'. Vince Russo with his infinite ridiculousness just said, we are short on babyfaces. So I get a call saying, ‘Joe we need to bring you back to TV.'

So I asked him, how is it that you are going to bring me back. He said, I don't know how just yet but we need to bring you in. So the dude couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. The only reason why I bring this up is because he has the audacity to blame all of his silliness on other people. And by the way wrestlers, pro wrestlers all over the world and people in the business, stop whoring yourself out to shoot interviews. This man couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. That's how much respect he had for the product, how much respect he had for the fans and that is indicative of his style of what he did. He was the head writer at the time and this is the way he felt that was admissible. Now I know this little bitch is going to go back on a shoot and talk all of this shit."

Samoa Joe was recently on Konnan's podcast on MLW Radio, and spoke about working with Vince Russo and the infamous kidnapping angle. Here is what he had to say…

"You want me to break the silence on that? I don't like getting in verbal spats with people who I don't think are worth my time or my effort and a dude in particular is Vince Russo. This cat, I don't have a problem with Vince Russo. When he left I just told him, it is what it is. He always had 22 million reasons for making the decisions that he made. But when Hogan and Bischoff came in they said, ‘Oh we have this great idea. We are going to do this thing and take you off of TV and re-brand you. Do all this other stuff. We do this kidnapping thing and you come back as a psychopath.' I was cool with it.

I sat at home for 3 months on a bitching ass vacation. I had one of the best vacations in the history of vacations. Paid vacation. Getting ready so I call them back week after week, ‘What do you guys need me to do'. They would say ‘We are still coming up with something'. Vince Russo with his infinite ridiculousness just said, we are short on babyfaces. So I get a call saying, ‘Joe we need to bring you back to TV.'

So I asked him, how is it that you are going to bring me back. He said, I don't know how just yet but we need to bring you in. So the dude couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. The only reason why I bring this up is because he has the audacity to blame all of his silliness on other people. And by the way wrestlers, pro wrestlers all over the world and people in the business, stop whoring yourself out to shoot interviews. This man couldn't write his way out of a kidnapping. That's how much respect he had for the product, how much respect he had for the fans and that is indicative of his style of what he did. He was the head writer at the time and this is the way he felt that was admissible. Now I know this little bitch is going to go back on a shoot and talk all of this shit."

Vince Russo botched an angle??? Why am I not surprised? And yet promoters still hire that numbnut for his "skills" as inadequate as they are.

Best lines of the whole thing

" And by the way wrestlers, pro wrestlers all over the world and people in the business, stop whoring yourself out to shoot interviews"

Toooooo true. I enjoy the occasional shoot interview but there are people who have like over 5 shoot interviews in like a 5 year period.

"Now I know this little bitch is going to go back on a shoot and talk all of this shit."

Probably true. Russo is one of those people who have way to many shoot interviews and books out

Joe definitely deserves more than he gets. I wouldn't be shocked if he left soon.

I agree, its a real shame as his career in TNA started so damn promising with his x-division run, to his feud with Kurt Angle and even his Nation of Violence gimmick. He's been stale now for the past 2-3 years and seems to be going absolutely nowhere.

Joe definitely deserves more than he gets. I wouldn't be

shocked if he left soon.

Clearly this interview implies his problem is with Russo, not TNA, not even Dixie, Hogan or Bischoff. But Russo. Why would he leave?

And whomever thinks Nation Of Violence Joe was a good thing, I just don't know what to say. Thats when his career began it's descent into obscurity.

^ It showed his aggression and violence well, something that has been severely lacking in recent years. Was it better than what he did previously? Hell no. Was it better than anything he's done since NoV? IMO yes. I may have not worded it correctly in my previous post but all I'm tying to say even with its flaws I'd still rather see him doing SOMETHING over whatever the f*** TNA has been booking him for the past 3 years.

Joe definitely deserves more than he gets. I wouldn't be

shocked if he left soon.

Clearly this interview implies his problem is with Russo, not TNA, not even Dixie, Hogan or Bischoff. But Russo. Why would he leave?

And whomever thinks Nation Of Violence Joe was a good thing, I just don't know what to say. Thats when his career began it's descent into obscurity.

I know this, but if Joe's just being going through the motions for years, so I just think he'd probably be getting fed up with it.

Archived