Matt Morgan Announces He Is Leaving Wrestling

Poe Øhlin

Courtesy of SEScoops

Former WWE & TNA star Matt Morgan announced Tuesday night that his wife Larissa gave birth to their first child, Jackson.

"By the grace of God, we welcomed our first born Jackson Morgan into the world earlier today!!! Thx for all ur prayers guys! #GodIsGreat"

In an interview with Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net, he also revealed that he is leaving professional wrestling after getting an offer from a medical supply company that he couldn’t refuse.

“An opportunity came up within the last 20 days,” Morgan said. “Absolutely zero to do with professional wrestling. I’m actually going to get out of professional wrestling. Going to be a regional manager for a very big-time medical device company.”

Despite his past success in the industry and recent negotiations with WWE and TNA, the decision to take a more traditional job was an easy one to make.

“I’ll be home every single night of the week, every month of the year to put my newborn to bed, be part of his life, and watch him grow,” Morgan said. “This was an opportunity that I could not pass up. Financially-speaking, as well as the most important factor I’m home every single night to be home every night and be a father to my son.”

Morgan said the financial offer from the medical company blew away anything WWE or TNA could offered him. Morgan believes he’s still in his physical prime and let the door open to work occasional independent shows if he “gets the itch” to wrestle again.

Archived