2k15... confirmed to be done by 2K and not Yukes?

lilsting10

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shifty: Evidently Sal DiVita worked on not only THQ's WWE All-Star but Midway's WWF! Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, bit of research for you. But that brings the question, if Sal DiVita knew what worked in an arcade game; why did THQ's WWE All-Stars turn out so generic. F-U-N or Not, The game has very little outside of Limited Gameplay alone. Now, let me repeat this isn't about what THQ's WWE All-Stars could have been; this is what it was and is.

:shifty: Evidently Sal DiVita worked on not only THQ's WWE All-Star but Midway's WWF! Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, bit of research for you. But that brings the question, if Sal DiVita knew what worked in an arcade game; why did THQ's WWE All-Stars turn out so generic. F-U-N or Not, The game has very little outside of Limited Gameplay alone. Now, let me repeat this isn't about what THQ's WWE All-Stars could have been; this is what it was and is.

Why do you keep saying things like this is the absolute truth?

You know is not because you felt it is generic that it is generic?

You know it's subjective, right?

Since THQ's WWE All-Stars is more like Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Injustice: God Among Us, what separates it from being another over the top generic Fighting game? Hell they even sold a Fighter pad with it.

So because they sold a Arcade stick with Superstreet fighter 4 that' make it generic?

Well Being as Street Fighter was one of the Original Fighting Games, No that would be the basis of what Generic is copied from. Basically THQ's WWE All-Stars is good for a couple matches, but replayability to short if at all. Was it New, Yeah but so was Twilight.

Smh,

I dont know what to say else.

Aside from I love twilight.

Basically there isn't much to keep somebody coming back to THQ's WWE All-Stars, the fact that I paid thirty bucks for it probably didn't help my opinion of the game whatsoever. Fine. If you enjoy THQ's WWE All-Star be my guest, just don't expect people to understand why with how many pitfalls there are within the game. To say it's better then 2k's WWE2k14 is asinine.

"Generic"? The game had crazy looking artwork and graphics never seen before in a wrestling game, and moves that were even crazier, how is that "generic"? I would say Fighters History was generic when you compared it to Street Fighter 2 since it was a virtual copy of that game, but Allstars was not like any other WWE or wrestling game for that matter.

2K said when they took over it was an estimate of "at least" 2-3 years before they would be able to build their own wrestling game engine.

And after seeing the hatchet job they've done with the MLB series and now what's seeping into NBA2K14, there's no guarantee they're going to put much effort into developing this series either.

Shit, it should have been EA... :/

2K said when they took over it was an estimate of "at least" 2-3 years before they would be able to build their own wrestling game engine.

And after seeing the hatchet job they've done with the MLB series and now what's seeping into NBA2K14, there's no guarantee they're going to put much effort into developing this series either.

noooooo nonononono no. no. no.

no.

hell no.

We get enough stuff stripped from the game and sold to us for an absurd price as it is, dont make it worse by going with EA. hellz no.

To be honest, it doesn't matter who makes the game. If the people that make it don't actually play it then the game will always be shit. I really believe that the guys at Rockstar for example played the hell out of Red Dead Redemption, or the guys that made Arkham City spent hours playing their own game for fun, but I really get the feeling that the THQ guys never played their own games once they were finished with them. It was on to the next game or just playing something completely different altogether.

noooooo nonononono no. no. no.

no.

hell no.

We get enough stuff stripped from the game and sold to us for an absurd price as it is, dont make it worse by going with EA. hellz no.

Who the hell still trusts EA? Sim City, half of the other Unfinished products that shoved down our throats; plus look at every series they sponsor Copy & Paste.

To be honest, it doesn't matter who makes the game. If the people that make it don't actually play it then the game will always be shit. I really believe that the guys at Rockstar for example played the hell out of Red Dead Redemption, or the guys that made Arkham City spent hours playing their own game for fun, but I really get the feeling that the THQ guys never played their own games once they were finished with them. It was on to the next game or just playing something completely different altogether.

Now you are stepping on some major toes, I mean Aubrey Sitterson was undefeated! Don't Cha' Know. He knew the game better then we did in THQ's WWE'13, there where two counts we just didn't know how to play the game right! And Bryan Williams, such a mark play the game all the time...

if the next WWE 2k game is ANYTHING like the wwe 2k14 ill buy it. 2k14 is awesome, the only problem I have is they didn't port it to the X1, and that is my current console. 2k14 has the greatest roster ever put into the series. some of the best moves ever, more variety in customization options then ever before, and a pretty dang sweet story mode. There are some glitches, some additions id like to see, and some characters I wish were DLC, but for the most part 2k14 is everything I have wanted out of a game and more.

We as fans of this series need to often times take a step back and look at the game and realize just how much content is truly there. it is more then any other sports franchise BY FAR.

They also confirmed to us, (THQ) that the reason wwe12-13 and now 14 didn't get as much funding, is because they were building a NEXT GEN engine for the series, and they told us they have been working on it FOR YEARS. So I am incredibly excited to see where the series will go from here.

THQ's WWE All-Stars turns out looking like this:

Pros:

- Fresh Reversal System

Agreed, it was great.

- Being Able to hit certain maneuvers out of nowhere

Absolutely.

Cons:

- Limited Gameplay

lol, no. It had a brilliant class based system so flexible it allowed nearly every character to play differently within each class, which not only made the gameplay deep as it made you want to learn the ins and outs of each person, but *GASP* fun.

Imagine that, a wrestling game offering gamplay varied enough that it was actually fun to play, not because of some long list of poorly concieved match modes or create suites, it was the gameplay that was the hook. And yes, I said WRESTLING game....not fighter. Some people just can't look past the flash and spectacle of All Stars to see what's truly lying underneath the surface.

I feel sorry for those that won't or simply refuse to.

- Cheap Fighting Styles

Nope.

Every class was perfectly balanced and came down to how well you knew your character, your class, and your strengths and weaknesses against whoever you were opposing. It was about mastery, skill, and learning reversal windows. And yes, even those seemingly unstoppable grapplers were easily taken down by those that knew what they were doing. And those that didn't, would tend to rage quit at the site of Jack Swagger doing pushups.

All Stars was actually designed for competitive play, unlike the mess that has been Yuke's online offerings since Smackdown vs. Raw. Online was actually fun in that game. It actually ran lag-free for the most part, and only hindered by its poor match making system and the occasional glitched move.

- Repetitive "Path Of Champions" Mode

I'll give ya that.

- Non-Existent Roster

It defintely could've used some more big men, and there are a few guys that didn't deserve to be on that roster like Drew McEntyre, but for what guy on the roster delivers gameplay-wise, there's more than enough. Especially when you count DLC or the entire roster in the 3DS version.

- Worthless Entrances

Unimportant, I'd imagine most people skip or straight up turn off entrances in wrestling games anyways after a few looks, I know I do.

- Lack of Arena Choices

It would've been nice to have a few more, I agree.

- Pathetic Create-A-Superstar Mode

It was ok. The morphing was actually pretty impressive and anything you churned out fit right in with the game's art style unlike your creations in Yuke's titles. The drawbacks in outfit selections and custom paints tools was disappointing, as was the inability to pick your signatures or any moves from the DLC roster, but given the game's main draw was offering gameplay so fun you'd want to learn the actual characters from top to bottom and it being a first entry into a possible series, I wouldn't dock too many points for it not being as deep as what Yukes offers....but then again how many games in any genre offers that? Not many.

- Lack of Match Types

I'd rather have great core gameplay and a few match types that are solid offerings to build upon in future titles than the same long list of overrated and problematic matches that have seen little change over the years. Ladder, Hell in a Cell, and Royal Rumble matches would've likely been selling points for an All Stars sequel though.

- Limited Gameplay

lol, no. It had a brilliant class based system so flexible it allowed nearly every character to play differently within each class, which not only made the gameplay deep as it made you want to learn the ins and outs of each person, but *GASP* fun.

Imagine that, a wrestling game offering gamplay varied enough that it was actually fun to play, not because of some long list of poorly concieved match modes or create suites, it was the gameplay that was the hook. And yes, I said WRESTLING game....not fighter. Some people just can't look past the flash and spectacle of All Stars to see what's truly lying underneath the surface.

I feel sorry for those that won't or simply refuse to.

- Cheap Fighting Styles

Nope.

Every class was perfectly balanced and came down to how well you knew your character, your class, and your strengths and weaknesses against whoever you were opposing. It was about mastery, skill, and learning reversal windows. And yes, even those seemingly unstoppable grapplers were easily taken down by those that knew what they were doing. And those that didn't, would tend to rage quit at the site of Jack Swagger doing pushups.

All Stars was actually designed for competitive play, unlike the mess that has been Yuke's online offerings since Smackdown vs. Raw. Online was actually fun in that game. It actually ran lag-free for the most part, and only hindered by its poor match making system and the occasional glitched move.

:booker:

1. People stop bringing up Online Play, Online is Secondary. Always has been and always will be, you can't once again complain about Video Games such as Call Of Duty focusing on Online to save their games off Offline play; yet once again Pander to a certain game that does the same damn thing just because you enjoy it.
  2. What is so "Deep" about the In-Game Move-sets and Gameplay, people keep saying "The Gameplay is so Deep". I hadn't realize two strike buttons and a few grapples, most of which everybody on the entire roster has (Much like WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011) was "Deep" Gameplay.
  3. "Perfectly Balanced", Spamming the High Flyers Spring Board, Rope Rebound and Corner to Corner maneuver, The Big Men's Ground Stomp and the brawlers ability to tie maneuvers together wasn't exactly what I call "Perfectly Balanced".

- Worthless Entrances

Unimportant, I'd imagine most people skip or straight up turn off entrances in wrestling games anyways after a few looks, I know I do.

- Pathetic Create-A-Superstar Mode

It was ok. The morphing was actually pretty impressive and anything you churned out fit right in with the game's art style unlike your creations in Yuke's titles. The drawbacks in outfit selections and custom paints tools was disappointing, as was the inability to pick your signatures or any moves from the DLC roster, but given the game's main draw was offering gameplay so fun you'd want to learn the actual characters from top to bottom and it being a first entry into a possible series, I wouldn't dock too many points for it not being as deep as what Yukes offers....but then again how many games in any genre offers that? Not many.

1. In a Professional Wrestling Video Game Entrances are Key, for you people who Turn Off the entrances go play Street Fighter or some other Fighting based video Game; I've never gotten the point of turning the entrances off. If you don't have the time to watch the entrances or hell enjoy the themes at least, then don't play. I know this is going to come off as a "Us Vs You" Argument, but really it annoys the bloody hell out of me when people don't understand this.
  2. "It was Okay" The Morphing was atrocious and limited, once again since there isn't going to be a sequel you can't give me the "Imagine what it could have been"; we have to go on what it is. Bare-bones and as I said Pathetic.

Regardless if you view online as secondary, it's a multiplayer game and was designed and balanced as such and as long as the people playing know what they're doing and don't have their head lodged up their rectums the fantastic experience of online play should be even more fun with friends sitting around the tv. Also, why even bring up the Call of Duty comparison? I've never done it, and wouldn't, the only reason to ever buy those games is for online play given the core campaign is nearly always cookie cutter outside of the few improvements they made with branching paths in BLOPS2.

Spamming isn't exclusive to All Stars, nor should it be labeled as a fault of it's gameplay when you do not need to spam to be good. Yes, you do have to work the ropes as an Acrobat, but that's what Luchadors do. Have you ever seen wrestling south of the border? Also gapplers were the ones that had.....chain grappling....not brawlers, only a select few were hybrids like Eddie Guerrero could pull something like that off. And yes, if your opponent knew what he was soing on the other end, he could turn the course fairly easily. Gate the player, not the game.

This very much is a "Us vs. You" argument, it's us the people that care about the things that actually matter like having a well designed, fun game with awesome gameplay vs. you, the people that care about window dressing and everything else under the sun that pulls attention, time, and money away from development. After twenty some years of playing wrestling games I'm not concerned with entrances. If this, that, or the other minitron is included. If the lightning and pyro is correct, all of that is just window dressing. All that really matters is how good the models and arena looks during gameplay, screw everything else. This is one of the reasons why WWE games went south once THQ stupidly ditched AKI.

No, the morphing was perfectly fine for the artsyle of the game. I created some pretty great characters, any drawbacks they may have had was not attributed to their morphing. It was the lack of customization in their outfits and the inability to expand thier signature moveset. But yes, it was okay for a mode that they didn't even need to include and only did because wrestling game fans now feel entitled where they think something like that should be a staple in any game released, regardless of how good the roster and gameplay may be. Even when the roster caters to nearly every era of the last thirty years.

Would a create mode add longevity? Absolutely, but All Stars was one of the few times in gaming that something that had been stale for so long, that had been basically the same thing through multiple iterations was revolutionized to the point where it took a beloved control scheme of the AKI games and reworked it to where it offered variety to nearly every character in the game. Something that has never been done before in a wrestling game to that extent. And because it didn't include all of the window dressing crap that a lot of fans expect and are willing to buy the same game for every year, they shat on it. That and their inability to look past the flashyness of it all and see just how amazing the core mechanics underneath were.

Yukes caters too much to the wrong people and this is why we can't have nice things nor have releases that generate crossover appeal based on them being fun which in turn helps fund future titles with more of the things you'd expect and want. There was a time when wrestling games sold systems, sucking in non-fans because of great gameplay, not because of how much it imitated the real life product or how deep its creation tools were. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all of that crap as much as the next person, I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't, but my god, at some point we need a change because these games just aren't fun to play.

Ignoring the fact that the AKI Control Schemes where horrible.

:censored: Non-Professional Wrestling fans, yeah I said it. Why would you purchase a Professional Wrestling Video Game, if you aren't a fan? I'm tired of Video Game Publishers pandering to something outside the core base for a quick money grab, indulging in history of what you are doing is fine like 2k's WWE2k14 and THQ's WWE'13.

But, attempting to reach out to people outside the product is a major NO!. It's like people who pandered to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson when he came back because of who he was, not realizing how pathetic it was that he came back and got handed a Title match he didn't deserve so he could get carried through the match and win; just to run off with the title showing up once before the pay-per view. Just to get carried to Wrestlemania. They aren't Fans, I'm tired of Companies trying to Hook in "Casual Fans".

It's the reason we had so many "Trail & Error" Pitfalls with THQ, I'd rather have 2k's WWE2k14 rather then them trying to ruin the entire series just to keep to "F-U-N" and "Fresh".

Also: How was the Core Mechanics "Fresh", it was a rework of the AKI Control Scheme with an NBA Jam Feel, That's not Fresh that's literally Fourteen years of old Mechanics repainted.

And yet it was miles better than what Bryan and co. has been pumping out for years, I don't know, man....you tell me.

Also, you're in the vast minority when it comes to the AKI titles, there's a reason people constantly refer to it as the high point in wrestling games. The gameplay was so great and more importantly fun, that it pulled in tons of non-fans. We need to get back to that, quit being so stubborn that this property is yours and should only cater to those that suck the proverbial tit of the WWE. They get more people interested, they sell more copies. They sell more copies, they have more money to spend on patches and whatnot. The same theory applied to what the WWE did with Rock, only too many people....including yourself it appears, are too dim to see how it benefited the product you love. Now admittedly if the "E" had been better about booking and building new stars they wouldn't have needed to pull legends back into the fold, but bringing guys back like Rock, Brock, Batista, and whoever is bringing fans back and exposing them to a roster of guys they may not know and hopefully get them interested in the product again.

No company can maintain without growth, without pulling new fans in, and if that means catering to the past or doing something outside the norm, so be it.

Quit being so closeminded and unnecessarily grumpy.

It's not about YOU, or US, and never will be. It's about THEM, and getting more of THEM, and I have no problem with what they've been doing in terms of legends and would hope 2K realizes at some point that the gameplay of the currents series needs an overhaul, and the greatest attempt at delivering something like that was delivered upon with All Stars.

Benefit the company? No, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson got handed the Title when CM Punk should have kept holding it. Wrestlemania 27, Wrestlemania 28 and Wrestlemania 29 have all been about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson; The fact that the original plans for Wrestlemania 30 was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Vs Brock Lesnar (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wwe-rock-reveals-original-wrestlemania-30-plans-why-182600479--spt.html) is beyond Pathetic. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson isn't even half the person he once was, he is no longer the great one. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is referred to as that because he's a Full-Time Actor and a Wannabe Wrestler now, that gets carried through everything. None the less, onto the topic of the game.

Personally I've never play WWF! No Mercy on the console and my experience with playing WWF! No Mercy was garbage on the Computer, but I can say that the AKI system is overrated. Why because WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain - WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 wasn't using the AKI System and they are rated higher then WWF! No Mercy.

What would everybody like to see Gameplay Wise that isn't there as of yet in the Main Series?

Ignoring the fact that the AKI Control Schemes where horrible.

:censored: Non-Professional Wrestling fans, yeah I said it. Why would you purchase a Professional Wrestling Video Game, if you aren't a fan? I'm tired of Video Game Publishers pandering to something outside the core base for a quick money grab, indulging in history of what you are doing is fine like 2k's WWE2k14 and THQ's WWE'13.

But, attempting to reach out to people outside the product is a major NO!. It's like people who pandered to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson when he came back because of who he was, not realizing how pathetic it was that he came back and got handed a Title match he didn't deserve so he could get carried through the match and win; just to run off with the title showing up once before the pay-per view. Just to get carried to Wrestlemania. They aren't Fans, I'm tired of Companies trying to Hook in "Casual Fans".

It's the reason we had so many "Trail & Error" Pitfalls with THQ, I'd rather have 2k's WWE2k14 rather then them trying to ruin the entire series just to keep to "F-U-N" and "Fresh".

Also: How was the Core Mechanics "Fresh", it was a rework of the AKI Control Scheme with an NBA Jam Feel, That's not Fresh that's literally Fourteen years of old Mechanics repainted.

AKI control schemes were much more enjoyable than WWE2k14's. It just felt much better when you hit someone with a running clothesline, or grappled someone and then had hundreds of moves you could do on them instead of a dozen at most.

The Grapple System is broken, the Grapple System has nothing to do with the Video Game engine.

But Hell Realistically I have to create "Average Move" Placements for half of the move-sets I do for my CAWS, nearly everybody has one Single Grapple on the Wrist Lock Chain Grapple and their Back Grapples Chain & Groggy are always the same because there are barely no unique maneuvers for basically all positions. If you removed 95% of the finishers off most of the Chain Grapple/Groggy Grapple, ect we'd barely have anything....

The Grapple System is broken, the Grapple System has nothing to do with the Video Game engine.

But Hell Realistically I have to create "Average Move" Placements for half of the move-sets I do for my CAWS, nearly everybody has one Single Grapple on the Wrist Lock Chain Grapple and their Back Grapples Chain & Groggy are always the same because there are barely no unique maneuvers for basically all positions. If you removed 95% of the finishers off most of the Chain Grapple/Groggy Grapple, ect we'd barely have anything....

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about anymore man. As long as you yourself enjoy the game there shouldn't be any problems here.

You jumped to the Move-set Ability in the previous AKI Professional Wrestling Games, so I made reference to 2k's WWE2k14 and how the Move-set & Grapple System is limited and broken; but that WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain - WWE Smackdown VS RAW 2006 didn't have AKI's Professional Wrestling Grapple Mechanics yet ranked higher then AKI's Professional Wrestling games. Meaning, The Grapple System in 2k's WWE2k14 is broken and has been broken since THQ's WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 but that has nothing to do with the Video Game engine as a whole.

Archived