2k15... confirmed to be done by 2K and not Yukes?

lilsting10

Now before I get misunderstood let me explain:

People keep stating that Yukes is the issue, yet they never explain why. People also state that THQ's WWE All-Stars was Free Flowing and Fresh, but don't explain How. If you want to prove something, you have to show exactly how you see something or people who don't "Get It" aren't ever going to. Does everybody understand?

Get the point?

The best way I can answer this personally, is like this. Allstars was smooth and had a good flow to it because the moves were animated and nearly every hold or attack had it's own animation. While it did sacrifice physics logic quite a bit, it allowed for a smoother transition between moves. In WWE12-2k14 you grapple someone as they're getting up and they glitch back down to the mat, it's like they didn't make an animation for that situation. I've noticed also sometimes when going for a finisher from a far away distance that the person will slide across to reach the other guy. They really splice together these mo-capped animations really bad.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jaitsu, two maybe three people is not the Majority. Hell, everybody on this forum isn't the Majority.

You'll have to forgive me. I've completely forgotten any previous discussion we've had about Game Engines, all I remember is most of them ending in "You'll never get it" or "It's not worth bothering" doesn't that seem familiar.

Except i'm not talking about this forum. pretty much everyone i've spoken to and from what i've seen, internet world wide, Generally liked the game.

Nice cop-out dude. "i dont remember anything except the stuff I choose to remember for the point of this post". This was pretty friendly, or so i thought, but now you're getting bloody defensive.

Now before I get misunderstood let me explain:

People keep stating that Yukes is the issue, yet they never explain why. People also state that THQ's WWE All-Stars was Free Flowing and Fresh, but don't explain How. If you want to prove something, you have to show exactly how you see something or people who don't "Get It" aren't ever going to. Does everybody understand?

Get the point?

The best way I can answer this personally, is like this. Allstars was smooth and had a good flow to it because the moves were animated and nearly every hold or attack had it's own animation. While it did sacrifice physics logic quite a bit, it allowed for a smoother transition between moves. In WWE12-2k14 you grapple someone as they're getting up and they glitch back down to the mat, it's like they didn't make an animation for that situation. I've noticed also sometimes when going for a finisher from a far away distance that the person will slide across to reach the other guy. They really splice together these mo-capped animations really bad.

To be fair, the game did that on purpose. It was meant to be kind of funny and over-exaggerated.

Okay. I see what you mean, there are a lot of messed up Animations and mo-Captured moments in the main franchise; ones that can be easily fixed as well. But that isn't anything new either, we had a grapple from the ground animation in THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010; unfortunately in THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 it was yet another "Outdated" Looking animation they butchered and cut... Oh, THQ how glad I am you went under;

Except i'm not talking about this forum. pretty much everyone i've spoken to and from what i've seen, internet world wide, Generally liked the game.

Nice cop-out dude. "i dont remember anything except the stuff I choose to remember for the point of this post". This was pretty friendly, or so i thought, but now you're getting bloody defensive.

I was being Dead Serious, wasn't a Cop-Out. None the less, the people I've spoken to thought exactly as I feel. THQ's WWE all-Stars was just another THQ Mediocre Arcade Style Wrestling Game much like THQ's WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania, potential or not.

how is comparing Allstars to WWE2k14 fair?

The only reason this occurred is because somebody here literally stated "WWE All-Star is better then WWE2k14".

:lol: For another example of THQ's WWE All-Stars Vs 2k's WWE2k14:

Okay, Sicky: Why?

Simple , Fun!

Smooth and flawless , Barely no bug ( i personally didnt experienced any bug whatsoever) Shit was simple and easy to play.

Most important thing of all , The online experience WAS FUN! No lag , No cheap shot or hacker!

To put it simply .....The game was FUN!

And we already had that debate in the past , i know you dont like the game and no matter what i say , it aint gonna make you change your mind.

Okay. THQ's WWE All-Star was fun, but Limited. Besides you didn't need to hack The Fighting Styles where cheap enough, basically THQ's WWE All-Stars is enjoyable because it's not a Wrestling Video Game but a simple Mediocre Arcade Fighting Game with actual yet Limited Gameplay unlike Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mortal Combat Vs DC Universe & Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Have any of you ever played Midway's WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game for Super Nintendo by any chance?

Okay. THQ's WWE All-Star was fun, but Limited. Besides you didn't need to hack The Fighting Styles where cheap enough, basically THQ's WWE All-Stars is enjoyable because it's not a Wrestling Video Game but a simple Mediocre Arcade Fighting Game with actual yet Limited Gameplay unlike Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mortal Combat Vs DC Universe & Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Have any of you ever played Midway's WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game for Super Nintendo by any chance?

Yes i have.

Midway's WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game is how you do an Arcade Style Wrestling Game correctly, Back when there was no CAW Mode, Entrances, ect. Yet, that game was more Entertaining and had more replayability then THQ's WWE All-Stars; because it was more then just Over The Top Specials and larger then life In-Game roster. It had Character, what does WWE All-Stars Lack; Character.

Midway's WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game is how you do an Arcade Style Wrestling Game correctly, Back when there was no CAW Mode, Entrances, ect. Yet, that game was more Entertaining and had more replayability then THQ's WWE All-Stars; because it was more then just Over The Top Specials and larger then life In-Game roster. It had Character, what does WWE All-Stars Lack; Character.

Your're missing something here.....Game you like are subjective.

So you dont like it , but some of us , well , we liked it.

Those where Characteristics of the In-Game Roster that was portrayed on Midway's WWF! Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, which gave it more in-depth then THQ's WWE All-Stars. Asides the flashy maneuvers, doesn't everything come off as Generic for a supposedly over the top Arcade Wrestling Game?

This entire post pretty much just lost the internet. It was nice knowing all you gentlemen. I'm gonna go back to my cave, sit by the fire, and play the extremely limited and lackluster Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 while you all enjoy your state of the art wrestling sims.

Besides F-U-N, can you guys give me examples of what made THQ's WWE All-Stars. No, I'm not beating a dead horse. But most of you seem to be taking the stance of "I like it, you don't", how would you guys market THQ's WWE All-Stars to the crowd that thought it looked overplayed and Childish? Because as much as you refuse to see it, that's how a lot of Professional Wrestling fans viewed the game. I never said THQ's WWE All-Stars couldn't be something, I simple stated what it was. Can we stick to what the Game is, rather then talking about what the future of the WWE All-Star Franchise could have been?

Besides F-U-N, can you guys give me examples of what made THQ's WWE All-Stars. No, I'm not beating a dead horse. But most of you seem to be taking the stance of "I like it, you don't", how would you guys market THQ's WWE All-Stars to the crowd that thought it looked overplayed and Childish? Because as much as you refuse to see it, that's how a lot of Professional Wrestling fans viewed the game. I never said THQ's WWE All-Stars couldn't be something, I simple stated what it was. Can we stick to what the Game is, rather then talking about what the future of the WWE All-Star Franchise could have been?

Who's that? You and ????.

Cause The way i see it , there is only you and yourself.

I dont know where you got that from but i want to see it.

Who's that? You and ????.

Cause The way i see it , there is only you and yourself.

I dont know where you got that from but i want to see it.

Pre-release atleast the whole IWGC was on the barricades.

I never said I thought it was overdone and childish, I simple said for the first installment of what could have been a series it was mediocre or Average in THQ's track record. The people I've spoken to didn't think the game was worth much more then Sneak King or Atari's E.T, as I said that wasn't my opinion it was simple an example.

I never said I thought it was overdone and childish, I simple said for the first installment of what could have been a series it was mediocre or Average in THQ's track record. The people I've spoken to didn't think the game was worth much more then Sneak King or Atari's E.T, as I said that wasn't my opinion it was simple an example.

Okay but that example is worth nothing tbf Cause these people you spoke to are not the be all and end all.

This Game got more love than every thq Wrestling game bar 2006.

So i say this game was pretty solid and far from mediocre like you called it.

There really is no point to arguing with him. You can give him reasons why Allstars was good, and he will write up 3 or 4 paragraphs why it was a terrible game, and the cycle will continue. Nobody is changing their minds here, that's for sure.

I know , it was my last post anyway.

Okay but that example is worth nothing tbf Cause these people you spoke to are not the be all and end all.

This Game got more love than every thq Wrestling game bar 2006.

So i say this game was pretty solid and far from mediocre like you called it.

Would that be the reason it got ranked a 7 out of 10 by Official Critics and only got raised to a 7.9 by Customers who played it? Not seeing the love.

Hell asides THQ explaining why there wasn't going to be a WWE All-Stars 2, the Internet is rather silent about THQ's WWE All-Stars. Look it up yourself.

Archived