2k15... confirmed to be done by 2K and not Yukes?

lilsting10

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rock:

Unlockable Attires in THQ's WWE All-Stars:

Andre The Giant, Andre The Giant (2nd), The Big Show, Bret Hart, CM Punk, Drew McIntyre, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Hulk Hogan, Hulk Hogan (2nd), Jack Swagger, Jake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, John Cena, John Cena (2nd), John Morrison, Kane, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Mr. Perfect, Randy Orton, Randy Savage, Randy Savage (2nd), Rey Mysterio, Rey Mysterio (2nd), Ricky Steamboat, The Rock, Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Shawn Michaels, Sheamus, Steve Austin, Triple H, The Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker

To bad you'd have to play the repetitive Path Of Champions mode a total of 35 times.

Compared to the Editable Alt. Attires in 2k's WWE2k14 that list is minuscule, also did somebody state "15 DLC and With CAWS That's Sixty overall". Aren't you the same people that Whine and Complain about DLC, yet now you are using it as an excuse? Also, The Create-A-Wrestler mode in THQ's WWE All-Stars was beyond Pathetic and bare-bones; you could only Copy & Paste a move-set already in the game along with the few finishers within THQ's WWE All-Stars because of the non-existent Roster. Not to mention the half-assed Entrances, zero Arena choices; barely any Match Types and Limited Gameplay.

How can you ignore all this, just to go :dance: They redid the Midway TNA Impact! The Video Game Engine?

while All Stars wasn't "OMG THIS IS GONNA CHANGE DA WORLD OF WRESTLING FOREVA!!!1!" It was a damn good start with some good ideas. I really wish it had sequels because with more development and less crazy shyte, that engine could even have easily replaced the main games engine.

I know I've asked this before, but what was so "Game Changing" about THQ's WWE All-Stars Engine Vs The Main Series Engine and what is wrong with the Main Series Engine compared to THQ's WWE All-Stars Engine?

Well a few things. First thing i would say is that, compared to the main series engine, the All Stars engine was new(ish), fresh. Not bogged down by the limitations and incredibly horrid amounts of messed up code thrown in to the main engine.

Second I would say is that the All Stars engine is quite flexible. It seems to be much easier to work with compared to the WWE engine (else it would have been much harder to go from the SHIT that was TNA Impact and turn it in to All Stars in the first place).

All Stars was barebones, yeah. But I believe its potential was much greater than the WWE series.

This would be like people expecting a WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania sequel or TNA Impact! The Video Game Sequel, sometimes Faults are what they are and can't be done away with.

I'm... not sure where that came from. All Stars wasnt recieved anywhere nearly as bad as either the TNA game nor the LOWM game.

No one is saying you have to like the game, but people did like it, and it had potential. It wasnt perfect, not by a long shot, but it also wasnt plagued by the main series' issues, nor did it have a huge amount of previous games within its own series that it failed to live up to.

Also what made THQ's WWE All-Stars Fresh, it was just a repainted TNA Impact! The Video Game with over the top maneuvers but the same limited Gameplay.

Well, I could point out that All Stars changed the control scheme around to get rid of the pain in the ass parts of figuring TNA out. I could point out that the AI of All Stars was heads and shoulders about Impact. I could point out that the engine itself wasnt what made the TNA game bad. Take your pick, really.

Now before I get misunderstood let me explain:

People keep stating that Yukes is the issue, yet they never explain why. People also state that THQ's WWE All-Stars was Free Flowing and Fresh, but don't explain How. If you want to prove something, you have to show exactly how you see something or people who don't "Get It" aren't ever going to. Does everybody understand?

This would be like people expecting a WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania sequel or TNA Impact! The Video Game Sequel, sometimes Faults are what they are and can't be done away with.

Nobody has answered this one final question though: When was the last time you Played THQ's WWE All-Stars.

Did you actually ask that questing in here? Because I would have honestly answered you that just last night I played it a little. I rotate playing wrestling games mainly between Allstars, WWE2K14, and No Mercy on my computer. No Mercy is another great game by the way that has 2k14 beat in several aspects.

Well I think I have to agree with maniac & Pepsay on the engine...and to answer your question I also played it last month to unlock some trophies and I had more fun than the entire year of WWE 13. However in my opinion 2K14 has a vastly improved engine that makes it waaay less boring than 13. I'm still not bored and I play through tourneys with every match on Epic Match pace so I don't really know...All Stars was just VERY promising mostly due to the reversal system which in my opinion they sort of incorporated it (in a watered-down way) into 2K14. Then again I also play TNA iMPACT alot too and think that engine (especially at the time it came out) Had promise. I also loved the Original Legends of Wrestling (I, II & Showdown) engine too. Of course I also like the mash up WWE did of Cody Rhodes and Goldusts themes so I obviously have no taste by the amount of critisism that gets in the Show Discussion Thread.

What in the Control Scheme (Even with the Limited Gameplay) made THQ's WWE All-Stars Enjoyable?

How was the A.I impressive?

What about the Game Engine was Fresh or Different?

What made THQ's WWF! No Mercy ground breaking compared to 2k's WWE2k14?

TNA Impact tried unsuccessfully to emulate No Mercy's control scheme, All Stars instead had two different hold positions with each button usually coresponding to a different type of move, making it easy to play even when differentiating between the different classes.

And for the record, I played All Stars earlier today, gods do I ever enjoy superkicking someone going for a spear.

What in the Control Scheme (Even with the Limited Gameplay) made THQ's WWE All-Stars Enjoyable?

I think it's obvious there is no point to arguing with you, but to answer your question, No Mercy had editable AI, so you could tell the computer opponent what moves they should use more per wrestler, how far they could jump, how they would act if they started bleeding, and even how they would end the match, like with a submission, high-flying move, or something like that. So when you fought against Hulk Hogan for example, he would act like Hulk Hogan.

Hitting a maneuver out of nowhere was fun, I always enjoyed taking out two people with the WMD at once. But that's one pro, the other being the Reversal System. But adding the pros to the Cons, THQ's WWE All-Stars turns out looking like this:

Pros:

- Fresh Reversal System
- Being Able to hit certain maneuvers out of nowhere

Cons:
- Limited Gameplay
- Cheap Fighting Styles
- Repetitive "Path Of Champions" Mode
- Non-Existent Roster
- Worthless Entrances
- Lack of Arena Choices
- Pathetic Create-A-Superstar Mode
- Lack of Match Types

Anyways:

What made The A.I impressive?

What about the Game Engine was Fresh?

I think it's obvious there is no point to arguing with you, but to answer your question, No Mercy had editable AI, so you could tell the computer opponent what moves they should use more per wrestler, how far they could jump, how they would act if they started bleeding, and even how they would end the match, like with a submission, high-flying move, or something like that. So when you fought against Hulk Hogan for example, he would act like Hulk Hogan.

I know! I hate it in 2K14 when you're fighting Kane and he's acting like ADR fixating on your arms only to try and wear you down for a Submission? Kane doesn't do submissions! He's a Brawler!

Hitting a maneuver out of nowhere was fun, I always enjoyed taking out two people with the WMD at once. But that's one pro, the other being the Reversal System. But adding the pros to the Cons, THQ's WWE All-Stars turns out looking like this:

Pros:

- Fresh Reversal System

Cons:

- Limited Gameplay

- Cheap Fighting Styles

- Non-Existent Roster

- Worthless Entrances

- Lack of Arena Choices

- Lack of Match Types

Anyways:

You answered your own questions and the CAS Mode wasn't terrible...

No Mercy had editable AI, so you could tell the computer opponent what moves they should use more per wrestler, how far they could jump, how they would act if they started bleeding, and even how they would end the match, like with a submission, high-flying move, or something like that. So when you fought against Hulk Hogan for example, he would act like Hulk Hogan.

I didn't know that. We certainly need that in the Main Series, I'll give THQ's WWF! No Mercy credit on that. FirePro Wrestling did something similar if not the same thing, to bad like most of FirePro Wrestling it was to Online Forum based and not easy to understand. If they did implement that in the Main Series they'd have to find a way to make it easy to understand and not a nuisance to do, possible a 1 - 10 system that sounds easy enough or probably bring back the "More Likely/Less Likely" system from WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain - WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007.

how is comparing Allstars to WWE2k14 fair????

a 1-off WWE game compared to the 14th sequel in a franchise.

the original SmackDown game, WrestleMania 2000, Wrestlemania X8 were all severely limited w/ vast improvements made in the sequels

Allstars would've only gotten much better

Pros:

- Fresh Reversal System

Cons:

- Limited Gameplay

- Cheap Fighting Styles

- Non-Existent Roster

- Worthless Entrances

- Lack of Arena Choices

- Lack of Match Types

Anyways:

The AI wasn't impressive persay, but it was, as i said, much better than TNAs, and honestly, I'd say it is better than 2K14s.

And fresh, as in its not a game engine that has been used so damned often that its comparable to my grandfathers 1940s rusty-ass car. It has room to improve whereas the WWE engine, whether people wish to believe it or not, is long past the end of its life.

The class system, while not as fleshed out and balanced as it could be, was also used much better than that failure of a game, 08.

Also, again remember, it was the first game in the series, the only other time the engine had been used was in a game that ended up rushed out 6 months before it was ready because the company that initially was making it went bankrupt. Look at it this way.

You like balogna yeah? Of course, everyone does. Fried balogna is delicious. Well, All Stars was balogna right out of the package, before being fried. Still delicious, but not at the potential yet it could be at yet with sequels and more work put in.

... I want balogna now.

:booker: Okay. With how limited Create-A-superstar Mode was, how you could only Copy & Paste a move-set already in the game and select one of the In-Game Rosters Entrances with only 4 Non-In-Game Based Entrance; plus only had the choice of choosing from a list of In-Game Finishers that was almost non-existent because of the small Roster. How wasn't Create-A-Superstar Mode on THQ's WWE All-Stars terrible?

:booker: Okay. With how limited Create-A-superstar Mode was, how you could only Copy & Paste a move-set already in the game and select one of the In-Game Rosters Entrances with only 4 Non-In-Game Based Entrance; plus only had the choice of choosing from a list of In-Game Finishers that was almost non-existent because of the small Roster. How wasn't Create-A-Superstar Mode on THQ's WWE All-Stars terrible?

I'll give you that, it was an incredibly bloody stupid to not allow you to choose individual moves in the movesets. And yeah, the caw mode was really limited (though my problem was the lag that the game had when trying to make a wrestler on PS3).

Again though, its not uncommon for the first game in a series to have such limitations. Now, if the series had continued and those limitations didnt disappear like the dodo, i'd be the one leading the angry charge on them for it.

The AI wasn't impressive persay, but it was, as i said, much better than TNAs, and honestly, I'd say it is better than 2K14s.

And fresh, as in its not a game engine that has been used so damned often that its comparable to my grandfathers 1940s rusty-ass car. It has room to improve whereas the WWE engine, whether people wish to believe it or not, is long past the end of its life.

The class system, while not as fleshed out and balanced as it could be, was also used much better than that failure of a game, 08.

Also, again remember, it was the first game in the series, the only other time the engine had been used was in a game that ended up rushed out 6 months before it was ready because the company that initially was making it went bankrupt. Look at it this way.

Even LJN's WWF! Super Wrestlemania for the Super Nintendo's A.I would be better then Midway's TNA! Impact:The Video Game, that's like saying "Wow THQ's WWE'12's A.I is impressive compared to THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 because they actually kick out of pins".

I don't understand what is wrong with the current Game Engine, I haven't had a problem with the Game Engine; only problems I've had is THQ's asinine idea of "Trail & Error" which bogged down the Main Series a lot.

The Fighting Styles in THQ's WWE All-Stars might have been an improvement of THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 train wreck, but they where still easily abused and cheap.

All this "The Sequel would have fixed everything" is hearsay, kinda like "If they made a sequel to Atari's E.T it wouldn't have bombed like the first game". We'll never know, we only have theories. Like, if THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 didn't get butchered the series would have been better then what it is today. We don't know, just theory.

Even LJN's WWF! Super Wrestlemania for the Super Nintendo's A.I would be better then Midway's TNA! Impact:The Video Game, that's like saying "Wow THQ's WWE'12's A.I is impressive compared to THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 because they actually kick out of pins".

I don't understand what is wrong with the current Game Engine, I haven't had a problem with the Game Engine; only problems I've had is THQ's asinine idea of "Trail & Error" which bogged down the Main Series a lot.

The Fighting Styles in THQ's WWE All-Stars might have been an improvement of THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 train wreck, but they where still easily abused and cheap.

All this "The Sequel would have fixed everything" is hearsay, kinda like "If they made a sequel to Atari's E.T it wouldn't have bombed like the first game". We'll never know, we only have theories. Like, if THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 didn't get butchered the series would have been better then what it is today. We don't know, just theory.

Except... you know, ET the original game sucked donkey, whereas All Stars in general was well received.

I've explained the problems with the engine to you before, but i'm not really in the mood to hunt that post down and copy and paste, i'm afraid.

It's really fun to argue with you SuicidalKisses, you won't back down from your opinions, and while I won't disagree with what you're saying, it's also important to think about what the other guys here are saying. Allstars was the first game like it, 2k14 is the latest in a series that began on the original Playstation, and think of how limited the original Smackdown! game was. Fact is the roster in Allstars was "non-existent" like you keep saying, it was there, and it had 45 guys with very different movesets, and the fighting styles were not "cheap", if you were a big guy you could use devastating power moves, if you were a high-flyer you could do acrobatic moves, and grapples could chain together grapples if the player using them had the skills. You just had to know how to reverse these attacks to prevent the fighting styles from being cheap.

People keep stating that Yukes is the issue, yet they never explain why. People also state that THQ's WWE All-Stars was Free Flowing and Fresh, but don't explain How. If you want to prove something, you have to show exactly how you see something or people who don't "Get It" aren't ever going to. Does everybody understand?

Get the point?

It's really fun to argue with you SuicidalKisses, you won't back down from your opinions, and while I won't disagree with what you're saying, it's also important to think about what the other guys here are saying. Allstars was the first game like it, 2k14 is the latest in a series that began on the original Playstation, and think of how limited the original Smackdown! game was. Fact is the roster in Allstars was "non-existent" like you keep saying, it was there, and it had 45 guys with very different movesets, and the fighting styles were not "cheap", if you were a big guy you could use devastating power moves, if you were a high-flyer you could do acrobatic moves, and grapples could chain together grapples if the player using them had the skills. You just had to know how to reverse these attacks to prevent the fighting styles from being cheap.

Yeah, except The Big Man and High Flyers where just as abused as the Power Houses and The High Flyers where in THQ's WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008. As I said, Default roster was 15 Legend and 15 Superstars; that's a total of 30 I believe. With how limited the Gameplay was, you can subtract that by a lot; I'm not counting DLC Because it would be hypocritical to Count DLC Here but Complain about it in other Games. The Move-sets weren't all that different...

I'll give it credit, for the first game. It was, Mediocre. What it could have become, who knows. But, you guys are putting in a lot of faith for something up in the air.

Get the point?

I never say yukes is the problem. They arent the solution, but they arent the route of the issue.

And second, I've already explained, it isn't my fault you are ignoring it. Its fresh, the engine has not been abused. I never claimed the engine was free flowing, but the gameplay in my opinion and in the opinions of many others, was pretty damn good.

Sorry mate, your opinion doesnt hold more weight than the majorities. You are free to dislike it, point out its flaws, etc. but from what i've seen, pretty much everyone likes the game, and it doesnt have enough big flaws to defeat the underlying good, whereas the WWE series has so many flaws now that the good gets dragged down to hell with them.

Jaitsu, two maybe three people is not the Majority. Hell, everybody on this forum isn't the Majority.

You'll have to forgive me. I've completely forgotten any previous discussion we've had about Game Engines, all I remember is most of them ending in "You'll never get it" or "It's not worth bothering" doesn't that seem familiar.

Archived