2k15... confirmed to be done by 2K and not Yukes?

lilsting10

I see a lot of '2k15 will be our saviour' type posts recently. Putting aside the fact that 2k didn't release thq's 2nd wwe13 patch, and don't look to be releasing one for wwe2k14 despite microsoft removing the fee for patching games... has it actually been confirmed that wwe2k15 will be developed by 2k and not by yukes?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it was always assumed that 2K will just be doing the same thing THQ was already doing.

But 2k would crack the whip a little more. As THQ seemed to have communication problems w/ Yukes.

Also THQ being just careless in general, and letting alot of glitches, Booker T's alien model...etc....slip thru the cracks.

as far as I know Yukes owns the wrestling engine. It would take 2K probably 2 years for them to make a WWE game using one of their own studios.

and it would likely suck and be like WM 18 for gamecube.

What's sad, though, is the fact that the first several Smackdown games were fresh, and had clear effort put into them.

well unfortunately we're dealing w/ a yearly franchise now.

Yukes doesn't do much else. I would jump off a bridge if i was at a company making the same game every year for a decade. Even if it was something i luv like WWE.

I luv cheeseburgers. But do i want to eat cheeseburgers every day for 10 years?? Nope.

I wish they would just patch and add DLC to WWE 2k14 for a year. I don't need another wwe game in 9 months. Not if u can just fix the issues ppl have. And update the roster w/ another couple DLC packs.

We're dealing w/ a Wrestling Game franchise that has a roster cut-off date.......7 months before the game ships. 7 whole months of them not adding anything to the game. Just working on Story modes and making sure the game doesn't crash and melt in our consoles.

What's sad, though, is the fact that the first several Smackdown games were fresh, and had clear effort put into them.

well unfortunately we're dealing w/ a yearly franchise now.

Yukes doesn't do much else. I would jump off a bridge if i was at a company making the same game every year for a decade. Even if it was something i luv like WWE.

I luv cheeseburgers. But do i want to eat cheeseburgers every day for 10 years?? Nope.

I wish they would just patch and add DLC to WWE 2k14 for a year. I don't need another wwe game in 9 months. Not if u can just fix the issues ppl have. And update the roster w/ another couple DLC packs.

We're dealing w/ a Wrestling Game franchise that has a roster cut-off date.......7 months before the game ships. 7 whole months of them not adding anything to the game. Just working on Story modes and making sure the game doesn't crash and melt in our consoles.

Wow, I didn't know all that about the WWE game franchise. But what I did already know is that companies never adhere to what the fans ask for.

I know first hand because I used to like the DragonBall Z games, but Atari and BanDai never included anything that we asked for and continued to release the same game over and over with the only changes (changes, not improvements) being additional characters and a few new story mode scenarios. Doesn't this all sound familiar?

Back to the subject: It hasn't been confirmed that the next game will be developed solely by 2K. Acquiring a license for an internal studio to develop for a mega-million-dollar company like WWE that has an existing - and quite successful - yearly game franchise is about as simple as it sounds, and I'm not even getting into what it would take to acquire the game engine from Yukes, if they are the copyright holders.

I hope 2k won't be stupid enough to expect us buying a game for a next gen console looking like a 2009 game.
If WWE 2k15 is anywhere near the quality of NBA 2k15, especially presentation & graphics - and hopefully some rather free flowing wrestling action like in WWE Allstars if I remember correctly - I'd definately buy it.

In general I'm hoping for a bunch of changes, also some really small ones like giving us every goddamn PPV logo ever instead of 30 versions of the WM logo. The next gen WWE game is gonna be on a blu ray and both next gen systems run on blu rays this time around so they can hopefully put a lot more stuff in the game, thats what I hope at least.

If wwe games are anything like the nba2k series, the prepare to be disappointed. There are a lot of complaints at the 2k official website. Despite on who the developer is, wwe2k issues shouldn't have been an issue. It's basically a patched wwe 13 game with a bigger roster.

THQ was the issue, 2k has stated that under THQ direction Yukes got lazy because THQ didn't have enough time, effort or money involved. Plus Bryan Williams being Head Guy instead of the Yukes people doesn't help, Yukes is fine I wish people would stop Scapegoating THQ on this. Yukes has proven it can still do a brilliant Wrestling game, if under the correct leadership.

If wwe games are anything like the nba2k series, the prepare to be disappointed. There are a lot of complaints at the 2k official website. Despite on who the developer is, wwe2k issues shouldn't have been an issue. It's basically a patched wwe 13 game with a bigger roster.

Are you Daft? No, I'm not kidding. Did you even play WWE2k14, there is no way in hell you can just refer to the game as "A Patched WWE'13 Game with a bigger Roster" if you've actually played it.

I think even with the minimal involvement of 2k, this game is far and away better than the last year's game, which was pretty underwhelming.

They've made some big strides in fixing some bugs that were ever-present for years at a time (like editing CAWs resetting their move sets, etc.). Yeah, there are still some problems. Universe mode, while a lot of fun, needs some bugs worked out, but it's far from broken.

But most importantly, the gameplay is really smooth, which is a longtime coming. I know everybody doesn't love the gameplay, but I think the matches feel pretty organic these days. I mean, unless I'm missing something, everything works in the engine the way it's supposed, which hasn't been the case in how long now? How many years under THQ would we get a wrestling engine that MOSTLY worked. You know, like you could wrestle a match as long as you don't mind that certain moves wouldn't do any damage or wouldn't work the way they were supposed to. I haven't noticed any of that kind of thing at all.

2k's involvement is already apparent this year, and they barely touched the game. I'm excited to see where things go from here.

I hope 2k won't be stupid enough to expect us buying a game for a next gen console looking like a 2009 game.

If WWE 2k15 is anywhere near the quality of NBA 2k15, especially presentation & graphics - and hopefully some rather free flowing wrestling action like in WWE Allstars if I remember correctly - I'd definately buy it.

In general I'm hoping for a bunch of changes, also some really small ones like giving us every goddamn PPV logo ever instead of 30 versions of the WM logo. The next gen WWE game is gonna be on a blu ray and both next gen systems run on blu rays this time around so they can hopefully put a lot more stuff in the game, thats what I hope at least.

I wish they would hire the team that worked on Allstars to do 2k15. That game had extremely solid gameplay. If you looked past the flashy moves and crazy looking graphics, the in-ring mechanics were much more fluid and natural than the clumsy glitch fest of the simulation games we have been getting the last few years.

Right, so it is coming, just not for 2k15.

BTW.... Yukes can be lazy all they want. THQ needed to stop stripping content out of the games and shoehorning that year's flashy exclusive shit in our faces and messing-up something because of it (e.g. omg moments in wwe13 reducing the ai to an omg-moment-obsessed-dimwits). Hell I'd take a game which had old moves from SD1, alongside the new moves rather than removing the old versions (especially when new versions often look worse). I'd take a game where each wrestler has moves that were match how they executed the move. I'd take a game with both the Buried Alive match and the Inferno match, no reason why it had to be one or the other.

I can't believe people are now blaming Yukes now that THQ are gone. It was THQ/WWEGame's guys who made bad calls (Bryan removing SO MANY moves over the years). Before those guys came around we had lots of Japanese and non-WWE moves in our early SD games. It was 2K who didn't release THQ's second wwe13 patch, and haven't yet released a wwe2k14 patch despite MicroSoft removing the fee to patch games.

Allstars > WWE2k14

Issues Of WWE All-Stars:

- Limiting and Easily Abused Fighting Styles (Much like WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008)

- Little to no Gameplay

- Zero Customization whatsoever

- Repetitive Campaign

- Small nearly non-existent roster

Decent portions of WWE All-Stars:

- Reversal System

- Being able to hit certain Maneuvers out of nowhere (SCM, WMD, RKO, Spear, Ect)

I don't understand what was so Ground breaking with THQ's WWE All-Stars that would make you say that THQ's WWE All-Stars deserved a sequel or was better then 2k's WWE2k14, for what the old school feel that WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game did better on the Super Nintendo? Things that could be brought over to the Main Series, I don't see why people here enjoyed WWE All-Stars so much.

Allstars had more strategy to it than WWE12-2k14 have had. WWE2k14 is virtually a button mash-fest most of the time, whether it is chaining together a series of punches, or the breaking point submissions, most people will just mash away. Allstars was more about space, building up and using your specials at the right time, and knowing how to use the fighting systems. There's no use in arguing about it since you obviously don't like that game, but a lot of people did for a very good reason.

"Space, Building up and using Specials at the right time and knowing how to use the Fighting Systems"

When was the last time you played THQ's WWE All-Stars?

Okay, let me break this down in a mature manner.

"Space":

Limited Gameplay mechanics makes it very difficult to "Button Mash your way through it" as you stated

"Building up":

I don't remember how slow the momentum was in THQ's WWE All-Stars was but if I remember correctly it was the same time length as in the Main Simulation style game series.

"Using your specials at the right time":

How does this change whatsoever in THQ's WWE All-Stars to 2k's WWE2k14?

"Knowing how to use the Fighting Systems":

Oh you mean spamming the ground stomp for Big Men, Spamming the Spring board attacks for the High Flyers, ect. Much like THQ's WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008, you liked that game as well didn't you.

Personally, I don't know about you but I've never "Button Mashed my way through a match" on 2k's WWE2k14. Perhaps it's how I play, perhaps that's why I found THQ's WWE All-Stars not worth the thirty bucks I paid for it, the limited Gameplay, cheap mechanics and barley there roster plus repetitive campaign and non-existent customization just ruined THQ's WWE All-Stars for me. You can hype it as you like, but in the end it was just another THQ Mediocre Arcade Style Wrestling Game; much like THQ WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania. You want to play a Free Flowing enjoyable Arcade experience, check out WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game for the Super Nintendo. At least for Fighting Games, THQ's WWE all-Stars Ranks better then Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe, Injustice: Gods Among Us and Marvel Vs Capcom 3 but since they where all garbage themselves. Not saying much.

i don't care to break down the Allstars gameplay too much.

I will say that I love that game. It had way deeper gameplay than anyone expected.

Ur underestimating the roster.....forgetting it was the first time we got Macho Man in a WWE game in almost 20 years. U had Macho King.....NWO Hogan....and some good DLC.

They took the awful TNA Impact engine, and made it fun.

while All Stars wasn't "OMG THIS IS GONNA CHANGE DA WORLD OF WRESTLING FOREVA!!!1!" It was a damn good start with some good ideas. I really wish it had sequels because with more development and less crazy shyte, that engine could even have easily replaced the main games engine.

I will say that I love that game. It had way deeper gameplay than anyone expected.

Ur underestimating the roster.....forgetting it was the first time we got Macho Man in a WWE game in almost 20 years. U had Macho King.....NWO Hogan....and some good DLC.

Exactly. The alt attires for the most part were way better than anything they did in 2k14, and the roster wasn't too shabby if you think about it: 15 current guys, 15 legends, 15 DLC= 45, and if you include CAWs you could have a total of 60 guys, and the best thing is there were no repeats.

Exactly. The alt attires for the most part were way better than anything they did in 2k14, and the roster wasn't too shabby if you think about it: 15 current guys, 15 legends, 15 DLC= 45, and if you include CAWs you could have a total of 60 guys, and the best thing is there were no repeats.

Can u imagine a sequel??? Now that they could have Goldberg, Razor, Diesel, Ryback, Cesaro and Brock.

Can u imagine a sequel??? Now that they could have Goldberg, Razor, Diesel, Ryback, Cesaro and Brock.

I can imagine how awesome some of the moves would be. Imagine an F5 in Allstars. The guy would probably spin around like 10 times in the air, and a Goldberg spear would probably send somebody out of the ring. If there ever was a wrestling game more about having fun and less about worrying with technical issues then Allstars was it.

:rock:

Unlockable Attires in THQ's WWE All-Stars:

Andre The Giant, Andre The Giant (2nd), The Big Show, Bret Hart, CM Punk, Drew McIntyre, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Hulk Hogan, Hulk Hogan (2nd), Jack Swagger, Jake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, John Cena, John Cena (2nd), John Morrison, Kane, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Mr. Perfect, Randy Orton, Randy Savage, Randy Savage (2nd), Rey Mysterio, Rey Mysterio (2nd), Ricky Steamboat, The Rock, Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Shawn Michaels, Sheamus, Steve Austin, Triple H, The Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker

To bad you'd have to play the repetitive Path Of Champions mode a total of 35 times.

Compared to the Editable Alt. Attires in 2k's WWE2k14 that list is minuscule, also did somebody state "15 DLC and With CAWS That's Sixty overall". Aren't you the same people that Whine and Complain about DLC, yet now you are using it as an excuse? Also, The Create-A-Wrestler mode in THQ's WWE All-Stars was beyond Pathetic and bare-bones; you could only Copy & Paste a move-set already in the game along with the few finishers within THQ's WWE All-Stars because of the non-existent Roster. Not to mention the half-assed Entrances, zero Arena choices; barely any Match Types and Limited Gameplay.

How can you ignore all this, just to go :dance: They redid the Midway TNA Impact! The Video Game Engine?

while All Stars wasn't "OMG THIS IS GONNA CHANGE DA WORLD OF WRESTLING FOREVA!!!1!" It was a damn good start with some good ideas. I really wish it had sequels because with more development and less crazy shyte, that engine could even have easily replaced the main games engine.

I know I've asked this before, but what was so "Game Changing" about THQ's WWE All-Stars Engine Vs The Main Series Engine and what is wrong with the Main Series Engine compared to THQ's WWE All-Stars Engine?

Archived