Just played SVR 2011 again after years

J-man89

And jesus christ that game is practically in slow motion in matches, i guess i never noticed it when it first came out but damn the gameplay in that game is slow as hell. When you compare it to the lastes installments it makes you see how damn slow the gameplay was in SVR 2011.

I still think SvR 2011 had a great roster. People we wish were in WWE2k14, like RVD, Goldust and Jimmy Snuka. It was the first appearances of Alicia Fox, DH Smith, Tyson Kidd, Luke Gallows, Yoshi Tatsu, Sheamus and Vance Archer.

CM Punk had chest hair. Which, due to his tats....will never happen again

Great DLC. Masked CM Punk. 3 Nexus members. Lex Luger. NXT Arena and a WCW Nitro Arena

It had the best weapon physics. It brought in Directional Throws. And we still had Ultimate Control Moves.

Not to mention it was the first year of Universe. Though it had alot of restrictions, I feel it was the most fun version of the mode.

As it had cutscenes constantly and the transition load screens that took u right into the next show.

But all the positives of that game are quickly wiped away by 2 things. The game-breaking pin glitch, and the removal of over 500 moves.

I know what you mean, I still prefer SVR 2011 to 2K14 tho

- Barely Enough Maneuvers to make up a default Move-set

- A.I doesn't kick out of Pins

- WWE Universe Mode is an Glorified Exhibition mode

Only thing WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 had going for it was the over the top Weapon Physics, which have been improved in WWE 2k14. Personally I don't understand how anybody can say they'd prefer THQ's greatest personal :censored: up over WWE 2k14, it would be like claiming WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 was the best game in the series it's mind numbing really.

I don't get the hate for SvR 08.

Probably because it was my first Smackdown vs Raw game. The last wwe game i played before that was Shut Your Mouth.

I still enjoy the ECW arenas, roster and pseudo crowd fighting. It has the best backstage brawls of the last few years.

I had so many high hopes for SvR '11 considering how good 10 was, but of course, THQ found a way to *Censored* up their own game. All they had to do was keep the same gameplay, upgrade the graphics, which they did, and revamp the roster, which they improved greatly, and it would have been in the top three in this series, but of course, they made the game slow as hell, removed a ton of moves, made CAW mode less enjoyable, and the AI and other glitches ruined the game. That was a perfect example of THQ trying to fix what wasn't broken.

I don't get the hate for SvR 08.

Probably because it was my first Smackdown vs Raw game. The last wwe game i played before that was Shut Your Mouth.

I still enjoy the ECW arenas, roster and pseudo crowd fighting. It has the best backstage brawls of the last few years.

- Fighting Styles

- Limitations

- 24/7 Mode

- Broken Tumbler Submission System

- Ultimate Control Moves

The Addition of ECW, Crowd Fighting and Extreme Rules matches where the only good factors about WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008. But in Respect THQ had a reason to butcher WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008, that would be Chris Benoit. WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 though was just THQ :censored: in' the series over.

I actually really liked SvR '08. It's only if you focus on the bad stuff that people always complain about that it makes you look down at the game. To me the roster was the worst thing about it. How could it be ECW themed and not have Tazz in it. RVD had just left the company, but Tazz was still employed. What made it worst was that Tazz was in SvR '07 and SvR '09, but not the one game he should have been in.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got SvR 11 on my PSP Go, and I actually enjoy it. As for the so-called "pin glitch" (A.I. never kicks out of pins)...did you try to play on Legend difficulty? Yes, you'll have to deal with a lot of cheapskate moves by the A.I. (spamming of hard-to-counter jabs and grappled strong strikes, among other things). However, if you make the A.I. "tough" enough, they'll kick out of pins even after administering two consecutive finishers...if it's early enough in the match.

I play with most of the game-balancing and reversal-frequency sliders maxed out, on Legend difficulty--yes, there is a LOT of countering, back and forth, but enough moves "get through" both my and the A.I.'s "defensive armor" that it's not just reversal-fest after reversal-fest, every single match.

I have an updated-roster (as of January 1, 2014) gamesave which relegates a lot of the inactive wrestlers to the free agent pool, but there are plenty of CAWs of new wrestlers (including the likes of Ryback, the Shield and Brodus Clay, among others), to freshen things up. I like playing as the new characters, but there are still a few original-roster characters I'll play as (mostly the legends, but also The Rock, Stone Cold, Regal, et cetera). I even added one of my mainstay CAWs, Candis the Fat Mew, whom I nicknamed the She-Beast (yes, she IS a total beast in the ring, and looks a lot like a fattened-up Mew from the Pokemon series).

I actually really liked SvR '08. It's only if you focus on the bad stuff that people always complain about that it makes you look down at the game. To me the roster was the worst thing about it. How could it be ECW themed and not have Tazz in it. RVD had just left the company, but Tazz was still employed. What made it worst was that Tazz was in SvR '07 and SvR '09, but not the one game he should have been in.

He was on commentary in the ECW arenas.

He was on commentary in the ECW arenas.

He should have been a playable character since it had an ECW theme to it, supposedly.

Here is a brief dossier on Mewtwo, my latest CAW addition to my updated-roster save:

Name: Mewtwo

IQ: Immeasurably high (far higher than even Alakazam's quoted value of 5,000)

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 269 pounds

Affiliation: face/good (though will not hesitate to assault and/or obliterate any face wrestlers who even look at him wrong)

Finishers: Mewtron Bomb (tilt-a-whirl Downburst), Chicxulub Impact (high-angle Cliffhanger piledriver)

Signature moves: see Finishers, above

Attributes: all 255

Description: My Mewtwo CAW has a very close resemblance to traditional, posed pictures and rendered drawings of the legendary Pokemon. I have spent about two years gradually improving my countless iterations of Mewtwo until I arrived at a nearly perfect rendering (sans tail and secondary "neck").

I used a generic diva template, because for one, it allowed me to create the perfect, wide-hipped, curvy figure that Mewtwo is known for. For another, it also allowed me to give him the perfect abdominal curvature, without having to deal with the annoying male-template "package" bump.

As for more detailed features, I used simple logo circles, colored purple, but stretched usinng TempAR hacks, for Mewtwo's belly and backside. His three-fingered hands were emulated using the cat's paw glove option. His two-toed feet were emulated by shaping the feet to simulate "walking on tiptoe" and placing simple black vertical lines on each foot for the two-toed look.

To hide the female-breast "problem", I used a specific top, which is capable of perfectly matching Mewtwo's skin tone, then moved the belly and backside logos to overlap. Mewtwo's ears were emulated using one of the horn options. His slitted nostrils were emulated with another lettering logo (pair of dots, but stretched slightly). To build Mewtwo's very feline face, I had to shape every part of his face, ranging from sizing and placing the eyes and eyebrows to create his dour, stern gaze, to drastically reshaping his nose and lifting his mouth to create his feline muzzle. It was NOT easy to create this Mewtwo CAW, but once I figured out how to do it, it has become second nature.

I'm going to redo Mewtwo on CrocoX111's soon-to-be-released WWE '13 mod, alongside Candis Rose, the She-Beast. I might just go ahead and make Candis a heel from the start, as she seems to enjoy making heel turns on every game I've ever made her on. LOL

Archived