Roman ''Reign'' Talks Fan Criticism On His Promo,Where He Want To Be In Five Years,More.

Sicky

Like I said I think Reigns has the most potential out of anyone in WWE.

I personally disagree but I can respect that statement :)

I can see what you mean, I'm just saying that hes got some improving to do, but if he reaches his true potential I think its scary to think how good this guy can actually be, yes I'm a fan,but I know hes got wholes in his game.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not everyone needs to be Punk/Rock on the mic.

He can get by with limited mic skills, like so many others before him have.

Except the fact that the people who have got by with limited mic skills before him have had to rely and fall back on their experience and ring work. Something that Reigns is lacking right now. Alberto Del Rio is a perfect example. He can carry a match effortlessly to make up for his poor mic skills. What will Reigns do when he's one on one? If they book him continuously against experienced veterans he should be alright but there will be times he'll be tested against less experience guys, such as talent enhancement as an example. I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that it's a bit different with Reigns imo.

Don't compare him to Del Rio, ADR is a master technician. Reigns is similar to Goldberg (albeit more skilled) in that he doesn't need to talk much, he just backs it up.

Except the fact that the people who have got by with limited mic skills before him have had to rely and fall back on their experience and ring work. Something that Reigns is lacking right now. Alberto Del Rio is a perfect example. He can carry a match effortlessly to make up for his poor mic skills. What will Reigns do when he's one on one? If they book him continuously against experienced veterans he should be alright but there will be times he'll be tested against less experience guys, such as talent enhancement as an example. I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that it's a bit different with Reigns imo.

Don't compare him to Del Rio, ADR is a master technician. Reigns is similar to Goldberg (albeit more skilled) in that he doesn't need to talk much, he just backs it up.

I didn't compare him to ADR. I'm well aware of the difference in styles. It was a comparison in a general sense. Batista was cut of the same mold, he didn't get treated like Goldberg. In this day and age you need to talk and you need to back it up in at least 10-20 min matches. That's WHY the comparison was made.

I didn't compare him to ADR. I'm well aware of the difference in styles. It was a comparison in a general sense. Batista was cut of the same mold, he didn't get treated like Goldberg. In this day and age you need to talk and you need to back it up in at least 10-20 min matches. That's WHY the comparison was made.

Let me rephrase that. Goldberg never talked much, he just did his thing in the ring and left. Reigns is pretty much the same type of performer, but with more wrestling skill. However he'll never be an ADR-type wrestler who can carry anyone, I don't think. He'll be similar to Batista (in the ring) and Goldberg (on the mic), maybe even better. I don't believe he NEEDS to be able to talk, though.

He can talk though, very well. And just because you're a big-powerhouse it doesn't mean you're unable of carrying matches. Batista carried matches, Kane, Vader, Taker all could carry matches with nigh on everyone. Technicians aren't the only ones that can carry matches effectively. If he has more wrestling skill (he doesn't) than Goldberg why does he have to be like Goldberg and limit himself to squash matches and occasional ten minute matches. Like I said this is a different era. You HAVE to be able to talk, you have to be able to go for a long period of time now. If Reigns did what Goldberg did over the space of two years he'd be boo'd constantly. You're still missing my point. If you can't talk on the mic and can't go in the ring for a sustained period of time in singles you aren't going to last long. Where was Rybacks longevity? Where's the longevity?

Who's in the main event that can't talk on the mic effectively or who can't go in the ring for more than 10 mins?

He can talk though, very well. And just because you're a big-powerhouse it doesn't mean you're unable of carrying matches. Batista carried matches, Kane, Taker all could carry matches with nigh on everyone. Technicians aren't the only ones that can carry matches effectively. If he has more wrestling skill (he doesn't) than Goldberg why does he have to be like Goldberg and limit himself to squash matches and occasional ten minute matches. Like I said this is a different era. You HAVE to be able to talk, you have to be able to go for a long period of time now. If Reigns did what Goldberg did over the space of two years he'd be boo'd constantly.

Who's in the main event that can't talk on the mic effectively or who can't go in the ring for more than 10 mins?

I never said he can't talk well on the mic (he can), I'm saying he doesn't need to talk much.

And I think he has SO much potential in the ring.

If Reigns did what Goldberg did, you never know, the fans could love it. It makes sense with Reigns.

I just realised something. Brock (at the start) and Ryback got "Goldberg" chants. I THINK Mason Ryan got "Batista" chants as well. Reigns is a lot like both those guys, but I've NEVER heard the crowd say their names. Anyway... :P

He can talk though, very well. And just because you're a big-powerhouse it doesn't mean you're unable of carrying matches. Batista carried matches, Kane, Vader, Taker all could carry matches with nigh on everyone. Technicians aren't the only ones that can carry matches effectively. If he has more wrestling skill (he doesn't) than Goldberg why does he have to be like Goldberg and limit himself to squash matches and occasional ten minute matches. Like I said this is a different era. You HAVE to be able to talk, you have to be able to go for a long period of time now. If Reigns did what Goldberg did over the space of two years he'd be boo'd constantly. You're still missing my point. If you can't talk on the mic and can't go in the ring for a sustained period of time in singles you aren't going to last long. Where was Rybacks longevity? Where's the longevity?

John Cena and Randy Orton

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWL

John Cena and Randy Orton

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWL

er.

Okay, no worries there's little point in discussing something that hasn't happened yet. Yeah you're right but I would have presumed that had something to do with Lesnar, Ryback, Ryan having similar looks to their respective counterparts. Reigns has no similarities to any of the aforementioned. Long hair, goatee (oh shh), tat, he's a lot smaller but whatever lol.

Archived