Orton Upset Backstage at RAW

IAMTHESHOWOFF

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy who ruined Mr. Kennedy & Kofi Kingston's careers is upset... Who cares. He should be happy he's still in the company with all the drugs he's taking. Let alone his temper tantrums.

This. I obviously dont know him personally, but Orton seems like a big bitch.

Botching is a legit reason for being fired? I don't know about that man. Plenty of guys botch. From the top guys to the jobbers, it's bound to happen.

Isn't he known for botching a lot and hurting other wrestlers? Could be part of the reason why he was fired.

He didn't botch a lot though, nor was it to the point where he hurt other wrestlers. The problem was with his botches, he'd hurt himself, hence his two injuries in just his short time in WWE. But it was two botches, once he went to TNA, I think he proved to everyone that he wasn't this botchtastic wrestler, at least not anymore anyways.

If this is true, Orton is still as childish as ever. Give the guy everything in the world and he still acts like a bitch.

The promo was ace and made Orton's match interesting, he should be kissing the ground Cena walks on for making that promo interesting. Jesus Christ.

If it's true, then whatever. Randy Orton didn't even look stellar as a heel champion, in my opinion. Cena tried to provide more emphasis on having a must-see match which is commendable and he got a noticeable reaction otherwise. Orton, however, just got overshadowed by the crowd bad. Something that might have added "fuel to the fire."

Didn't that "botch" only happen because they were wearing those basketball jerseys, and Kennedy couldn't get the right grip?

Since no one has answered you yet: Yes, Kennedy stated this in an interview while he was in the waiting period to get signed by TNA. However, adding onto all his injuries and such, it was to much for the WWE to want to keep him. The Belly-to-Back Suplex on Orton was the final straw.

I found this thread to be interesting, and let me do my "Mick Foley Plug" here: I own a wrestling site called wrestlingcorner.net and we try to keep up with everything going on. Heck, we reported the Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards reporting to NXT over two weeks before anyone else, and people called us liars. LOL

But anyway, to the topic at hand. Two things I think, and are purely my own opinion:

1.) The suplex that Kennedy did wasn't that bad of a botch. In fact, Orton landed on his upper shoulders and his head hit smoothly. I think Orton was just pissed because the weight of his body came down odd and probably gave him a nice cramp. (Hence his flopping around on the mat.) I certainly don't think it was reason enough to fire Kennedy.

2.) Kofi Kingston COULD be a main event superstar, despite what others think. The reason he isn't is kind of like Ryder; his gimmick can only go so far without a supporting cast. Kofi could be a great superstar, but it won't happen until someone gives him a mouthpiece to talk for him, and takes away the child friendly gimmick and makes him a heel. His last two matches with Miz have been great. The intensity, etc, has been awesome!

Anyway, that's my two cents. :)

I don't always believe these dirtsheets online. With that being said, I think Orton did a great job gaining attention from the crowd when they were evidently adamant about cheering for Daniel Bryan and decided to care less about Orton and Cena.
It wasn't until Orton mentioned the Montreal screwjob that the crowd really starting booing him. There's also no denying he was great on the mic. There's this vibe of a familiar star power when Cena and Orton are in the ring face to face. Bryan and Punk are more over in terms of cheers, but Orton and Cena elicit a huge reaction as well.
It has become an unpopular opinion on wrestling boards to like Randy Orton just because the online community hates him so much. Yes, he may be where he is because of his family legacy, but the guy has talent and he is one of the greatest superstars today.

Orton's always really been a pussy about such stuff, and this isn't surprising in the least. The irony though. Anyways, I thought he managed to cut a decent enough promo in the midst of it all. And can't really blame the crowd for chanting "boring" throughout a segment for a feud they have zero interest in. Not blaming Cena or Orton of course, they managed to hype everybody up a bit after the segment so it was a job well done by both, but the problem is with the general idea of the match itself at this point, which I doubt Cena and/or Orton can fix, regardless of how much they try. Because they, in the title scene, at this point, are the problem itself.

I found this thread to be interesting, and let me do my "Mick Foley Plug" here: I own a wrestling site called wrestlingcorner.net and we try to keep up with everything going on. Heck, we reported the Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards reporting to NXT over two weeks before anyone else, and people called us liars. LOL

But anyway, to the topic at hand. Two things I think, and are purely my own opinion:

1.) The suplex that Kennedy did wasn't that bad of a botch. In fact, Orton landed on his upper shoulders and his head hit smoothly. I think Orton was just pissed because the weight of his body came down odd and probably gave him a nice cramp. (Hence his flopping around on the mat.) I certainly don't think it was reason enough to fire Kennedy.

2.) Kofi Kingston COULD be a main event superstar, despite what others think. The reason he isn't is kind of like Ryder; his gimmick can only go so far without a supporting cast. Kofi could be a great superstar, but it won't happen until someone gives him a mouthpiece to talk for him, and takes away the child friendly gimmick and makes him a heel. His last two matches with Miz have been great. The intensity, etc, has been awesome!

Anyway, that's my two cents. :)

Well considering that Orton has hypermobile shoulders, a condition that Kennedy previously knew about, it could have ended Randy's career, that's why the botch from Kennedy was dangerous.

Lol what gimmick? He has no gimmic. With no gimmick, no one can be a main event star. Look at every main eventer currently in the WWE, each has a gimmick, has a story behind that gimmick. What does Kofi have? He's pretty average in the ring(but in fairness so is Cena), but with main eventers, it's more than just wrestling, you gotta have something that makes yourself marketable, that sets yourself apart from other superstars, to sell yourself to the fans. Kofi has none of that. He's just a super explosive, high octane, type of superstar, that shows his spirts of greatness, but is mostly average. He could NOT main event, until he starts to develop everything that he's missing, to be a buyable main eventer, otherwise it'd just be 2009 all over again. Also there's a difference between having a great match with a midcard guy & having a great match with an main eventer. Comparing his matches with The Miz, against any great match of the current main eventers, is like comparing apples to oranges, you just don't do it.

Orton is amazing and he had a legit reason to get mad, hell how do we know he is not staying in character here.

He doesn't have a legit reason to get mad. The crowd is going to chant whatever the hell it wants and he has to grow a thicker skin and get over it. He's there to entertain the fans and if he's not entertaining them, they're going to tell him. He's a heel, what did he expect? The crowd to cheer him? And as it goes for Cena's promo, Orton doesn't have a reason to be mad because he could've done the same thing Cena did. He could've went off script and got personal but he didn't. He gave a generic Randy Orton promo and it wasn't making the segment interesting.

Archived