WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ending segment of Raw tonight was awesome, especially Cena's promo. He also brought attention to Bryan and how hard Bryan works, and how he beat Cena cleanly. If WWE is trying to make Bryan forgotten, Cena certainly prevented that.

Edit: he prevented that even more.

Bullshit! Cena leeches off of whoever the crowd are cheering for to save his own ass. He does it all the time. He did it with Zack Ryder, he did it when he feuded with The Rock and he's now doing it with Bryan. He knew that without name dropping Bryan the crowd would have booed his ass out of that arena, so he used to to his advantage. Not to acknowledge his hard work. Had it been CM Punk chants Cena do you really think Cena would have even look in Bryan's direction?

John Cena did pretty well tonight to put over Daniel Bryan.. In his own hometown. But that Daniel Bryan/Yes! chant went on so long, it was such a good moment.

He didn't put over Bryan. Imo, there's a difference between "putting over" and stealing the spotlight and leeching off of uber over guys. It's a form of invoking cheap pops and reactions. It's pandering 101.

Some people will never give Cena his credit when it's due, just because his name is John Cena.

Stealing people's thunder for their own personal gain. Some people just can't see that.

Yeaaa, I don't agree with that. "Stealing people's thunder", as if he's the first person to mention another talents name in a promo. The reason people feel Cena's promo was good was because it was all true. Whether or not you feel Cena "buried" Zigger (when all actuality Ziggler "buried" himself with his inability to get over with promo's) fact is, his title opportunity didn't come against anyone else but Cena. Daniel Bryan when they needed him to exceed to that next level, it wasn't against anyone else, but John Cena. Same goes for CM Punk, whether you like it or not, John Cena is the measuring stick in WWE. When guys need to get over, John Cena is the one who gets to "getting them over". It was all true, he dropped truth bombs, gave guys who worked, chances that they didn't get with other superstars in the company. He did well last night, he cut a good promo, and so what if he mentioned other people's names who cares. CM Punk did the same shit the night after TLC, when Daniel Bryan won the World Heavyweight Championship and Zack Ryder became US Champion, but nobody want's to criticize him for that. In fact, CM Punk did the EXACT same thing with Vince McMahon during the MITB contract signing between him and Cena, yet everyone thought that was such a great promo.

But when Cena does it, he's "stealing people's thunder for his own personal gain". Lol, please.

The ending segment of Raw tonight was awesome, especially Cena's promo. He also brought attention to Bryan and how hard Bryan works, and how he beat Cena cleanly. If WWE is trying to make Bryan forgotten, Cena certainly prevented that.

Bullshit! Cena leeches off of whoever the crowd are cheering for to save his own ass. He does it all the time. He did it with Zack Ryder, he did it when he feuded with The Rock and he's now doing it with Bryan. He knew that without name dropping Bryan the crowd would have booed his ass out of that arena, so he used to to his advantage. Not to acknowledge his hard work. Had it been CM Punk chants Cena do you really think Cena would have even look in Bryan's direction?

He didn't just mention Bryan though, he mentioned Punk and Ziggler as well. Sooo, yea...

He buried Ziggler in a match he did it himself. Ziggler was buried then, not before or after.

"When guys need to get over" Except the simple fact of the matter is, no one ever goes over Cena unless they are already uber over before they even get in a program with Cena. Cena doesn't get them over. They are already well over, prior.

Cena DOES do this time and time again. He jumped on the bandwagon with Bryan the night after mania, he did it with Ryder. He always does it when guys are ALREADY WAY OVER. When has he ever dropped a name when they weren't? Unlike when punk did for guys like Kidd?

Cena name dropped guys to invoke a reaction because he couldn't make his promo mean anything without fan reaction, so he has to name guys who are already way over. It's pandering.

He buried Ziggler in a match he did it himself. Ziggler was buried then, not before or after.

"When guys need to get over" Except the simple fact of the matter is, no one ever goes over Cena unless they are already uber over before they even get in a program with Cena. Cena doesn't get them over. They are already well over, prior.

Cena DOES do this time and time again. He jumped on the bandwagon with Bryan the night after mania, he did it with Ryder. He always does it when guys are ALREADY WAY OVER. When has he ever dropped a name when they weren't? Unlike when punk did for guys like Kidd?

Cena name dropped guys to invoke a reaction because he couldn't make his promo mean anything without fan reaction, so he has to name guys who are already way over. It's pandering.

Lol, if you want to believe Ziggler didn't bury himself after getting another opportunity with Del Rio and a face turn to be the main guy, and failed..Be my guest.

Punk wasn't the star he is now before Cena, that's a fact. People weren't chanting his name every time he stepped into the ring, before Cena. He just wasn't as popular before The Summer Of Punk, as he is now, which coincidentally didn't occur until he went face to face with Cena.

And again, I ask what's different between what Cena did and what Punk did, you mention Tyson Kidd, but the fact is, CM Punk didn't ride the Zack Ryder "bandwagon" until he won the US Championship, in which came after Ryder was "over" with 100% of the crowd. But he's cutting a great promo and not pandering? Right...

Punk didn't mention Kozlov, Masters, or DH Smith until they were released and it was being talked about all over the internet. But he's cutting a great promo, and not riding someone else's bandwagon, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXa0-SOr9Rc

Coincidentally, the Punk chants didn't start until he mentioned those names around 11:15. But he isn't pandering right? He's cutting a great promo....Lulz.

No one is talking about this year. You're deflecting away from the point of reference. Cena buried Ziggler in 2012. Fact.

I never discounted Cena's role in the summer of punk. I said Punk was already over before he faced Cena. Cena didn't make him over. Bryan was over before he faced Cena. Cena didn't make Bryan over.

The difference is, PUNK was already over when he spoke about Ryder and Bryan. He wasn't dropping their names to get over, or to spark reactions for him. He was already uber over and he was already made. The crowd were emotionally invested in him. Were they with Cena? If Cena never said Bryan or Punk would the crowd have given any reaction? Go back two weeks for your answer. Was Cena way over when he stole the yes chants and jumped on the Ryder wagon? No. There's the almighty difference!

Cena jumps on bandwagons for his own gain, he steals people's thunder when he knows what he's going to say isn't going to invoke any reaction or at best, limited.

And just for the record. Your defence is, other people do it? So that absolves all blame and criticism? Wow. It's called pseudo-debunking. A tactic used when the argument can't be debated upon the reference of the subject material. You and I can argue about all the other times in history this has happened, it has but that doesn't absolve anything regarding Cena. He did it, he's done it. There's no denying or justifying that fact. You can cite hundreds of past examples, that still won't negate the simple fact that Cena has done it, he's done it in the past and most likely he'll do it in the future. All you can do, Paulie is deflect and cite past examples? It doesn't somehow debunk my argument.

I like and I respect you. I'm willing to agree to disagree on this one :)

He didn't just mention Bryan though, he mentioned Punk and Ziggler as well. Sooo, yea...

You mean when he went around the ring to talk about all the people he's handed championship opportunities to making himself look good in the process? Is that him paying people compliments, or singing his own praises? And his CM Punk comment about everybody saying that it was a bad idea to give him a WWE Title match, but all he saw was “The Best in the World” PRICELESS.

Lol, if you want to believe Ziggler didn't bury himself after getting another opportunity with Del Rio and a face turn to be the main guy, and failed..Be my guest.

Erm, he got delegitimized by Cena when he was MitB, then got the double turn with Del Rio, received good reactions and then randomly never got the title back. Not arguing with the other points 'cause I don't really care right now but he definetly burried Ziggler. Maybe Ziggler "burried" himself by not behaving the way a guy of his status needs to but he didn't on television because of any lack of skill or anything.

Some people will never give Cena his credit when it's due, just because his name is John Cena.

That goes for some of the other guys too. It is what it is...

I didn't knew you like AJ. :)

Del Rio "buried" Ziggler,not Cena

Steel cage match, January 14th 2013 Raw. Cena buried Ziggler.
He wasn't buried since Zigs won the WHC a few months later. It's not like after the lost to Cena he went straight down to the lower middcard like Ryder,Yoshi,etc

So by that logic Bryan wasn't buried getting squashed at mania because he got a rematch at the following PPV? And by your own logic, only jobbers get buried. Or Booker wasn't buried by Hunter at WM19 because Booker went onto to have a successful career and went on to win the WHC. Being buried is defined as the delegitimisation of character coming out of a programme. Ziggler was delegitimised by Cena on the mic and then followed up by getting destroyed in the ring. Ziggler was buried by those actions coming out of that storyline, regardless of how he bounced back due to the guys own ability and testament to his own perseverance. Being buried is a description of a past event, not a continuous ongoing series of events or standing within the company, it's not dictated by the latter. Champions can get buried, they have.

Del Rio "buried" Ziggler,not Cena

Steel cage match, January 14th 2013 Raw. Cena buried Ziggler.
He wasn't buried since Zigs won the WHC a few months later. It's not like after the lost to Cena he went straight down to the lower middcard like Ryder,Yoshi,etc

Of course he was burried, burried doesn't mean being a jobber for life.

I didn't knew you like AJ. :)

Meh. She's alright I guess. Still not better than Bayley. I just couldn't find her in a outfit :mellow: .

AJ! AJ! AJ! :D

Archived