AJ Styles Officially Leaving TNA Wrestling

limitbreak

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people are talking about TNA? How much is that, ten? Lolz, Don't hate me TNA supporters.

Every single promotion he's wrestled in the vast majority of those fans would know who he was. Become AJ fans, watch him return to TNA. New TNA viewers. He's giving mass exposure to that company for free. That's a great thing. From AAA in Mexico to British promotions. That's worldwide massive exposure.

I don't think this is a work, but I do think he'll eventually wind up back in TNA.

I get that from a sentimental standpoint, he's the face of TNA.. but from a business standpoint, in TNA's view if he isn't going to improve TNA's ratings or attendance too much, then he's not worth overpaying for just because he's the "face" of the company. Bret Hart was the face of WWF for a while, but Vince McMahon had no problem shoving him out the door..

Nope, hes all done.

PWInsider reports that negotiations between AJ Styles and TNA Wrestling have fallen apart and the chances are very slim that he will be returning to the company anytime soon.

As noted earlier, Ring of Honor sent out a press release announcing that Styles would be returning to the company.

Hence why hes back with ROH

He's there for one appearance, hardly "back with ROH".

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

– AJ Styles is reportedly expected to return to TNA at some point in the near future. His agent Bill Behrens is now reaching out to indie promoters to let them know they need to get their deposits in now to book Styles for events. TNA is said to have made Styles the offer he wanted, and Styles has accepted the deal.

– AJ Styles is reportedly expected to return to TNA at some point in the near future. His agent Bill Behrens is now reaching out to indie promoters to let them know they need to get their deposits in now to book Styles for events. TNA is said to have made Styles the offer he wanted, and Styles has accepted the deal.

ROH wouldnt sign him for a match (possibly more) if he was involved with TNA still, TNA moved away from ROH after the Rob Feinstien incident years ago. Also, your quoted report is a few days old, the one I posted was from earlier today. Who knows tho.

ROH wouldn't sign him for a match, which is all it is, if he was involved with TNA still? That statement, is historically proven to be wrong...MCMG Vs. The Briscoes, which was after the Feinstein incident while they were still employed with TNA. Their appearance at one of the Hammerstein shows a few years ago while still employed by TNA, which was the reason why the match wasn't televised...So yeah, you're wrong on that.

ROH wouldn't sign him for a match, which is all it is, if he was involved with TNA still? That statement, is historically proven to be wrong...MCMG Vs. The Briscoes, which was after the Feinstein incident while they were still employed with TNA. Their appearance at one of the Hammerstein shows a few years ago while still employed by TNA, which was the reason why the match wasn't televised...So yeah, you're wrong on that.

Forgot about that, and yes while it wasnt televised, AJ vs Roderick is for a TV Taping, so if AJ has resigned to TNA why would they let him appear for ROH's TV show?

If this is actually a work im applauding the shit out of TNA since they are throwing curves at us left and right.

And when the MCMG went to TNA it was a totally diffrent situation. It was very early in ROH's TV ventures and MCMG weren't nearly as important at the time as AJ is now.

If this is actually a work im applauding the shit out of TNA since they are throwing curves at us left and right.

And when the MCMG went to TNA it was a totally diffrent situation. It was very early in ROH's TV ventures and MCMG weren't nearly as important at the time as AJ is now.

It isn't a totally different situation. They were under TNA contract and allowed to appear at an ROH event, when earlier in this thread, it was said such a thing couldn't happen. Simple.

I guess you can say AJ Styles is important right now, I wouldn't necessarily agree, he's only important to those who know him, ROH fans and TNA, during this current situation. He isn't at Batista levels of hype though.

Forgot about that, and yes while it wasnt televised, AJ vs Roderick is for a TV Taping, so if AJ has resigned to TNA why would they let him appear for ROH's TV show?

It doesn't say anywhere he's appearing on their TV show. Nor does it say that the match is for the TV taping. That same Machine Guns match I just mentioned was during a TV taping, and the match was never televised.

Yeah... no.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2013/12/tna-aj-styles-negotiations-fallen-apart.html

Like I said in the other thread. Why do you people pick and choose which dirtsheet reports to believe or not? Nobody knows whats going on at all yet, the same sources are contradicting themselves as whether he signed or not. Yet leave it to CAWs members to choose to believe the dirtsheet that isn't pro-TNA. :lol:

Like I said in the other thread. Why do you people pick and choose which dirtsheet reports to believe or not? Nobody knows whats going on at all yet, the same sources are contradicting themselves as whether he signed or not. Yet leave it to CAWs members to choose to believe the dirtsheet that isn't pro-TNA. :lol:

Why do you come across as such a pompous ass in your posts (just my opinion)? We arent picking an choosing what reports to believe, the one you quoted was from a few days ago while the one I posted and the other guy posted was today, things can change. Also, its not reported to air on TV? Wrong.

AJ Styles will face "Mr. ROH" Roderick Strong in Nashville in a huge match that will air on ROH TV the weekend of February 1st! It has been 8 years since Styles competed in ROH while Strong has been one of the most consistent competitors in ROH for the last 10 years. We are excited to welcome AJ back but not too sure that Strong will feel the same way.

Directly quoted from ROH's press release.

It isn't a totally different situation. They were under TNA contract and allowed to appear at an ROH event, when earlier in this thread, it was said such a thing couldn't happen. Simple.

I guess you can say AJ Styles is important right now, I wouldn't necessarily agree, he's only important to those who know him, ROH fans and TNA, during this current situation. He isn't at Batista levels of hype though.

Not saying AJ Styles is Batista level hype. I honestly have no idea where you even found the pieces to make that assumption. What im saying is that AJ Styles is the top guy who people refer to as Mr. TNA. At the time when Shelley and Sabin when to ROH they weren't even teaming. Sabin was the champion but not the main focal point of anything by far. They made a deal where the match was going to not be on TV only released on DVD which was right for there contract. Styles is going to be wrestling at the TV taping's. I honestly don't think i he was under contract or near signing a contract that they would let him be on another program unless ROH is going to be shouted out by TNA and even then i don't think it would happen.

Why do you come across as such a pompous ass in your posts (just my opinion)? We arent picking an choosing what reports to believe, the one you quoted was from a few days ago while the one I posted and the other guy posted was today, things can change. Also, its not reported to air on TV? Wrong.

AJ Styles will face "Mr. ROH" Roderick Strong in Nashville in a huge match that will air on ROH TV the weekend of February 1st! It has been 8 years since Styles competed in ROH while Strong has been one of the most consistent competitors in ROH for the last 10 years. We are excited to welcome AJ back but not too sure that Strong will feel the same way.

I'm a pompous ass because I pointed out the fact that you are picking and choosing which dirtsheets to believe? Lol, so be it...It isn't about posting something from today or a few days ago..It's about they're both dirtsheets, they contradict each other, and when someone bolds one and says "Yeah, no" is that not an implication that they believe one over the other? I'll wait...

And I didn't see the press release, it doesn't say that in the yt video ROH posted or the ROH link that was posted on the ROH forum site...Go ahead and tell me it does, I'll wait...

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2014/jan/4/010414-roh-tv-taping-nashville-tn

Im not calling you a pompous ass directly, just your posts come off to me as such by how you type your arguments against people, just my opinion once again even though thats irrelevant.

And you tell me Im picking and choosing, but you're doing the same with the proof I just posted about Styles/Strong being a Televised match? If you need full proof here you go.

"The Phenomenal One" is back! A true Ring of Honor pioneer and one of the greatest wrestlers in the sport today, AJ STYLES, has been signed to compete once again in an ROH ring on January 4th, 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee!
AJ Styles helped put ROH on the map in its early years by displaying his own unique blend of high-flying wrestling and hard hitting strikes. Styles has gone on to be recognized as one of the best wrestlers of our time and recently became the most sought-after free agent in pro wrestling.
After finalizing the deal within the last couple hours we can now officially confirm that the long awaited return of AJ Styles to ROH will kick off 2014 in only 1 week at the Nashville Fairgrounds!
"I'm excited to return to ROH and the Nashville Fairgrounds. Lots of history made that I was made that I was part of in both. Expect more on January 4. Hope Nashville fans fill that asylum," said AJ
In addition to the return of AJ Styles, January 4th marks the return to ROH action of Chris Hero who battles "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen! Plus Wrestling Legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper will be on hand for a very RARE Meet & Greet Autograph Signing!
ROH is starting 2014 off with bang and we are not slowing down! Don't ever pass up the opportunity to experience ROH live! See why we are the best pro wrestling on the planet with the greatest fans in the world.
So because the video didnt say it was televised its suddenly not even though they posted it in the press release on their own website? Right.

I said "I didn't see the press release", how is that picking and choosing? It's a clear statement that I didn't see it. Now I do, therefore my statement of it not being said that it would be televised was obviously misinformed.

And again since you didn't answer the question, if pointing out a fact makes me a pompous ass, then so be it.

I'm a pompous ass because I pointed out the fact that you are picking and choosing which dirtsheets to believe? Lol, so be it...It isn't about posting something from today or a few days ago..It's about they're both dirtsheets, they contradict each other, and when someone bolds one and says "Yeah, no" is that not an implication that they believe one over the other? I'll wait...

And I didn't see the press release, it doesn't say that in the yt video ROH posted or the ROH link that was posted on the ROH forum site...Go ahead and tell me it does, I'll wait...

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2014/jan/4/010414-roh-tv-taping-nashville-tn

Well i mean to be 100% fair you are too.

Archived