AJ Styles Officially Leaving TNA Wrestling

limitbreak

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ Styles to TNA is just like John Cena is to WWE.

Stick a folk in em. They're done.

Fork, my du', Fork..

If this is true, good luck to both parties, I'm sure AJ can find steady work in Japan or somethin' since WWE don't want him. And good luck to TNA, who loses their company guy and what many consider to be the face of that company. Hope they do well with Magnus.

*Censored* that. I hope Magnus goes to the WWE. Hes the best in TNA.

Eh I'll believe it when I see it. We've been seeing the "Friends of AJ" videos for the past month it seems and despite some of the dumb and horrible moves TNA has made at times, I don't believe they would be making those videos and doing this storyline if they didn't believe that AJ Styles would be in TNA to do a Title Vs Title match.

They have already did that at a taping. I won't post the spoilers but that match did indeed happen already. Just has not been on tv yet

I returned watching it about a month in a half ago. But every time I read news about TNA it's about a star leaving.

AJ (or any other talent for that matter) leaving doesn't indicate TNA dying. Releases happen in wrestling all the time, in every promotion. I admit AJ is certainly a shocker but I don't see it being a permanent thing. I could see him taking a year or so off to enjoy himself/wrestling and then return.

No matter what happens I hope he stays far away from WWE.

Pretty much everything stated above. If he went to WWE, it would most likely be something goofy. I like how people pounce on everything that happens in TNA as an indication it's dying. Sad to see AJ go, but it'd be interesting to see if they build someone else up as the face of TNA... Oh crap.. Did I just say that?

Most likely it'll be Magnus, but how about the opposite of that coin? Who knows.

I agree with him not going to wwe yes but TNA losing AJ is a big deal. AJ has been the guy who has fought for them for years through everything. If hes giving up and leaving,then thats not a good sign. Sure it isn't a automaticly a "TNA IS DEAD" but it still is a pretty big blow. Plus having others leave now(some which I won't say due to spoilers but there is at least one big name leaving),its a bad place for TNA to be in. Magnus is great but he can't take the place of AJ as "The TNA guy". He's not been in the spotlight long enough. That would be like WWE just pushing Cena out of the way and pushing someone like Cesaro or Sandow as the new face of WWE. Magnus has great potential but he's not been around long enough to be the tna homegrown guy. If anyone takes that place when AJ left it would have to be Joe,Storm,or Abyss. It would have to be someone whos been there since for the early days(Joe being not as long but hes is looked at as tna grown in many ways).

I returned watching it about a month in a half ago. But every time I read news about TNA it's about a star leaving.

AJ (or any other talent for that matter) leaving doesn't indicate TNA dying. Releases happen in wrestling all the time, in every promotion. I admit AJ is certainly a shocker but I don't see it being a permanent thing. I could see him taking a year or so off to enjoy himself/wrestling and then return.

No matter what happens I hope he stays far away from WWE.

Yeah but they were losing talent because of money problems. Doesn't that indicate things are going downhill, as well with the low attendances?

I agree AJ Styles shouldn't go to the WWE. Hopefully eventually he'll end up re-signing.

How many other TNA talents, both present and former have to come out and say that wasn't true, in order for you to stop believing it?

Cutting costs doesn't mean "we're cutting talent because we can't afford them". They were cutting dead weight, it's the same thing WWE did in the mid 90's and continue to do to this very day.

How many other TNA talents, both present and former have to come out and say that wasn't true, in order for you to stop believing it?

Yep..

Joey Ryan said it AFTER he was let go. I think Austin Aries has said it and I think one other guy mentioned it too, but I can't remember who it was.

Ryan, who had nothing to gain from from it said they were being paid good even when he was sitting at home doing nothing.

I think we can stick a fork in the money issue. They MAY be getting a bit tight in the wallet, but far from the issues I think folks are over-estimating about it.

Going to the WWE would be much suicidal move for him to do. Would love to see him back to ROH tho, they're lacking a top name superstars ever since Claudio&Hero moving.

I don't think ROH would sign him tbh^^
Can't even think any possibilities actually, that or go to Japan. Don't want him to be like Hero is right now, he's in much better position than Hero imo with all the hypes and recent storyline push.

AJ issued this statement on his website and Facebook page;

MY STATEMENT ON TNA CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS 12/16/13

Today for the first time in 11 years, AJ Styles awakes to find himself without a professional wrestling contract. I can't help but think how did I get here, what must I have done wrong, did I not deliver in the ring, etc. All of those are pertinent questions that any man or woman who finds himself or herself unemployed would ask. I have always prided myself in being the wrestler that stays away from the things in this business that could easily destroy myself, my family, my marriage, and even my career. A wrestler who goes above and beyond to give the fans what they paid to see. I move forward not bitter, but better for the blessings and memories that I have been a part of since TNA's inception.

When this contract renegotiation journey started several months ago, my wife and I began praying for God to close doors that needed to be closed and to open the doors that He wanted us to walk through. We asked him to prepare us for this journey and to help us to have the faith to be obedient to what He would have us to do. I am assured by the name Immanuel in Matthews 1:23 that I will never be alone. Hebrews 13.5, says He will never leave us or forsake us. There is a lot in this world that I am unsure of, especially in this moment, but there is one thing that I am certain. Contracts may expire, but the promise of Immanuel will never expire.

As my family and I move forward with my wrestling career, we will turn to Jabez's prayer found in 1 Chronicles 4:10.

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil.

My family and I are both grateful for the platform that TNA has allowed me to experience. TNA has been a blessing to our family for many years. We have made many friendships and many more memories. While you may not be seeing AJ Styles in TNA, you can be sure that he will be traveling the world and delivering many more Phenomenal matches. Visit AJStyles.org for a complete list of bookings.

Sincerely,
AJ Styles P1

Looks like Rockstar & them may be right...

Update: AJ Styles & TNA In Talks Again

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

UPDATE: We can now confirm that AJ Styles and TNA are officially back in negotiations for Styles to sign a new deal with the promotion.

Apparently there is some talk that Styles may have already signed a new deal at some point in the last 48 hours.

As noted earlier today, Styles has at least nine known bookings with independent pro wrestling promotions between now and March, so if he were to re-sign with TNA, he is already committed to those appearances.

We should have more on this story in the near future as further information surfaces.

ORIGINAL: While this is just a rumor and should be treated as such, there are some who now believe that AJ Styles has re-signed with TNA and his public statement about being a free agent yesterday was a work.

A source said: “The statement Styles issued yesterday was a work, and a blasphemous one at that.”

Styles has agreed to appear at the UWE event on March 15, which is something TNA officials likely agreed to in order to continue the story that Styles is done with the company. He is also booked for eight other appearances in 2014. If this is a work, it remains to be seen if he cancels any of them or works the shows even after re-signing with TNA.

Again, take this strictly as a rumor for now.

Source: ProWrestlingScoops

I thought this from day one tbh. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, this is just a way of making the company relevant. Him wrestling for the belt in all the other promotions mimicking the Punk 2011 angle somewhat, it's generating a buzz around TNA, and AJ Styles. It's a form of exposure. If it wasn't a work the details on him leaving would be sparse. This is a well worked angle that's got many people talking about TNA.

Archived