AJ Styles Officially Leaving TNA Wrestling

limitbreak

As noted earlier, AJ Styles is not only accepting independent wrestling bookings in 2014, but is looking for regular bookings in the first quarter of 2014. According to reports, the reason for this is that AJ Styles will be officially parting ways with TNA next week.

The current contract that Styles is under with TNA right now is set to expire on December 16th. As of December 17th, AJ Styles will officially be a free agent.

Source: 24Wrestling

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I returned watching it about a month in a half ago. But every time I read news about TNA it's about a star leaving.

AJ (or any other talent for that matter) leaving doesn't indicate TNA dying. Releases happen in wrestling all the time, in every promotion. I admit AJ is certainly a shocker but I don't see it being a permanent thing. I could see him taking a year or so off to enjoy himself/wrestling and then return.

No matter what happens I hope he stays far away from WWE.

Eh I'll believe it when I see it. We've been seeing the "Friends of AJ" videos for the past month it seems and despite some of the dumb and horrible moves TNA has made at times, I don't believe they would be making those videos and doing this storyline if they didn't believe that AJ Styles would be in TNA to do a Title Vs Title match.

AJ Styles to TNA is just like John Cena is to WWE.

Stick a folk in em. They're done.

Fork, my du', Fork..

If this is true, good luck to both parties, I'm sure AJ can find steady work in Japan or somethin' since WWE don't want him. And good luck to TNA, who loses their company guy and what many consider to be the face of that company. Hope they do well with Magnus.

I returned watching it about a month in a half ago. But every time I read news about TNA it's about a star leaving.

AJ (or any other talent for that matter) leaving doesn't indicate TNA dying. Releases happen in wrestling all the time, in every promotion. I admit AJ is certainly a shocker but I don't see it being a permanent thing. I could see him taking a year or so off to enjoy himself/wrestling and then return.

Pretty much everything stated above. If he went to WWE, it would most likely be something goofy. I like how people pounce on everything that happens in TNA as an indication it's dying. Sad to see AJ go, but it'd be interesting to see if they build someone else up as the face of TNA... Oh crap.. Did I just say that?

Most likely it'll be Magnus, but how about the opposite of that coin? Who knows.

Yeah but they were losing talent because of money problems. Doesn't that indicate things are going downhill, as well with the low attendances?

I agree AJ Styles shouldn't go to the WWE. Hopefully eventually he'll end up re-signing.

Archived