megamarsonic

So this has been bugging me since WWE 13 and it seems to have returned for WWE 2K14. Every time I knock down the ref, he stands right back up after only 2-3 seconds. I don't believe this is a glitch. In fact, I believe the reason for this was to stop online players from constantly attacking the ref in order to prevent pins or use weapons in normal matches. Does anyone know the official reason why they made the ref pop up so quickly?

The reason I brought this up is because, while it may fix any online problem THQ/2K wanted fix, it hinders the offline mode. My heels now either have to play by the rules or have everything set up just perfect and pray that the first chair swing hits fast enough or else be disqualified. Where's the fun in that? In past games, you were able to knock down the ref and have him stay down for some time, giving the villainous wrestlers time to do whatever dasterly deed they needed to do in order to secure the match, but not anymore. Now maybe THQ/2K couldn't think of a better solution at the time, but their previous game WWE Day Of Reckoning had this problem figured out back in 2004. If a wrestler knocked the ref down three times in one match with DQ on, the ref would get up and disqualify that wrestler.

What are your thoughts on the referee getting up so quickly? Also, if there is an official reason for it, please let me know. Maybe then will I understand all of this.

Archived