So Far 2k14 DLCs Are A Ripoff

CONight

Perhaps this is old, but I just got the season pass and the nWo DLC today.

All the nWo characters use the exact same video package, (albeit very wastefully separate video files for each superstar), which doesn't even show the Giant, Hennig, Macho Man, or Steiner at all. They don't even have their own music, or minitrons. They all use Hollywood Hogan's music, the nWo theme, which was already in the game from day 1. They didn't even give Hollywood Hogan his proper Jimmy Hendrix music, but that's another story. Steiner's picture when you select him shows him wearing the chainmail but he doesn't wear it in his entrance.

Seriously, the content they gave us could easily be attained by just downloading CAWs of these guys--for free. All they've done is save us a few CAW slots while bloating the install with useless code.

If the remaining DLCs are this pointless, we should demand refunds. :chair:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you should have seen the Entrances on Youtube before downloading them? All of this would've been expected.

Plus, this is an "nWo pack" It should have been expected from there. All the other DLCs obviously won't have the same titantrons and themes(Maybe Fandango and Summer Rae).

All the nWo characters use the exact same video package, (albeit very wastefully separate video files for each superstar), which doesn't even show the Giant, Hennig, Macho Man, or Steiner at all. They don't even have their own music, or minitrons. They all use Hollywood Hogan's music, the nWo theme, which was already in the game from day 1. They didn't even give Hollywood Hogan his proper Jimmy Hendrix music, but that's another story. Steiner's picture when you select him shows him wearing the chainmail but he doesn't wear it in his entrance.

Seriously, the content they gave us could easily be attained by just downloading CAWs of these guys--for free. All they've done is save us a few CAW slots while bloating the install with useless code.

useless? what about the moves? or the entrance? come on don't be nitpicking

also i see you're complaining about them each having the same music it's the nWo they used the same music

also i see you're complaining about them each having the same music it's the nWo they used the same music

What moves? Hall, Nash, & the Giant (ok yes he's free) are already in the game. I'm pretty sure Steiner & Hennig's moves were already in the game too. Even Hennig's entrance was already in the game, because one of my CAWs uses it--which I had before getting the DLC.

Even if they didn't have videos in WCW, all of these superstars were in WWE at some point. Andre, Big John Studd, and King Kong Bundy didn't have videos in their day, yet they all have video packages in the game. All the DLC really gave us is two new character models and a few alternate attires--all of which can just be CAWs.

What moves? Hall, Nash, & the Giant (ok yes he's free) are already in the game. I'm pretty sure Steiner & Hennig's moves were already in the game too. Even Hennig's entrance was already in the game, because one of my CAWs uses it--which I had before getting the DLC.

Even if they didn't have videos in WCW, all of these superstars were in WWE at some point. Andre, Big John Studd, and King Kong Bundy didn't have videos in their day, yet they all have video packages in the game. All the DLC really gave us is two new character models and a few alternate attires--all of which can just be CAWs.

everyone besides hall and nash(same as outsiders entrance) had a completely new entrance, and they all had new moves at least finishing moves.

Umm no. Quite a few new moves came with them. Chokeslam, Steiner Recliner, Steiner Screwdriver, Perfect Plex, Rolling Neck Snap, Avalanche Samoan Drop, Macho has a Corner Springboard Body Splash. Not near my XBOX 2 check the rest, those are just the one's off the top of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CObhDQ_XBa4

This person DOES speak the truth, not just about the Titantron, but the fact that one DLC pack has 6 people for 9 dollars (not including The Giant), in previous years 9 dollar meant 9 wrestlers not 6, this would only be acceptable if therewere other items in that pack but there weren't, 9 dollars for 6 wrestlers only, they jacked up the price of the DLC.

And I still wonder why Langston, Fandango & The Bellas were DLC, they should have been able to get them all in, Langston and Fandango were around well before WrestleMania even if they didn't wrestle, it could have happened, examples include Sin Cara appearing in WWE 12, and Kingston in SVR09 (loose examples maybe but proof that they don't need THAT much time to get a wrestler in).

Bellas could have been readded, it's like like they returned after Mania, even so look at Lesnar in WWE 13 & Cryme Tyme in SVR09. They could have gotten the Christian in SVR10 treatment (he returned a while before WrestleMania himself).

DLC is a cool thing, but not when used life this, hopefully WWE has 2K stop this but unfortunately fans will continue to buy, not because they're sheep but they just want the full experience, can't blame them.

I don't blame the Topic Creator for being upset (provided it's not just trolling like other members suggest), but while we can air our grievances (despite it annoying the other posters, I apologize for that), but hopefully soon it will end eventually.

God willing we can get more Discount DLC but that seems really scarce, and we can't pick the individual wrestler we want, don't wanna have to buy Hall, Nash and Savage again but we're stuck in that rut.

For me it was worth it for Scott Steiner alone. I mean, with how dlc and micro-transactions are going, it could be a lot worse. I mean in Forza 5, The Lotus E21, 1 single car, costs a whooping $53!

........What?

In Forza 5 they made the Lotus E21 so impossible to unlock (you have to play for 600+ hours to get it) that the only way you can really get it is through micro-transactions, and that single car costs $53. That is the future of dlc that we are looking at. It wouldn't shock me if 5 years from now we had to buy each wrestler individually.

I wish they'd add the SvR 2011 Nitro arena as "make good" DLC. But, just nitpicking here, you could say the nWo guys had different themes in real life. It was all the nWo rockhouse theme, but with different voice clips. I was watching some WCW yesterday. When Michael Buffer announced Hall, his "You're goin' down" audio clip played, Nash had "Sweeeeeet!", and Macho Man had "Ooooo yeah!" But I think it would be unrealistic to expect any game developer to have access to that audio, especially with WCW being nonexistent nowadays.

On that note, DDP recently uploaded a YouTube video of the "nWo voiceover guy".

This person DOES speak the truth, not just about the Titantron, but the fact that one DLC pack has 6 people for 9 dollars (not including The Giant), in previous years 9 dollar meant 9 wrestlers not 6, this would only be acceptable if therewere other items in that pack but there weren't, 9 dollars for 6 wrestlers only, they jacked up the price of the DLC.

And I still wonder why Langston, Fandango & The Bellas were DLC, they should have been able to get them all in, Langston and Fandango were around well before WrestleMania even if they didn't wrestle, it could have happened, examples include Sin Cara appearing in WWE 12, and Kingston in SVR09 (loose examples maybe but proof that they don't need THAT much time to get a wrestler in).

Bellas could have been readded, it's like like they returned after Mania, even so look at Lesnar in WWE 13 & Cryme Tyme in SVR09. They could have gotten the Christian in SVR10 treatment (he returned a while before WrestleMania himself).

DLC is a cool thing, but not when used life this, hopefully WWE has 2K stop this but unfortunately fans will continue to buy, not because they're sheep but they just want the full experience, can't blame them.

I don't blame the Topic Creator for being upset (provided it's not just trolling like other members suggest), but while we can air our grievances (despite it annoying the other posters, I apologize for that), but hopefully soon it will end eventually.

God willing we can get more Discount DLC but that seems really scarce, and we can't pick the individual wrestler we want, don't wanna have to buy Hall, Nash and Savage again but we're stuck in that rut.

wwe does care who dlc they did tell 2k to take fandango out or atleast that rumor or something like that

Archived