ApostKhan

So......what happened with that .xls ? I mean sheesh it takes like 5 seconds. You open it in your excel and save as .xls . It's not like you have to remake the whole thing.

And it's not like I have to do it at all, so don't be pissy. I haven't been home all week because of finals. I said the update would be out on Tuesday, the day I go home. And its not 1 spreadsheet its 10 or so all with specific hyperlinks, then I have to re zip the entire thing and re-upload it which I can't even do here because uploading bandwidth is throttled on campus. It has been done, I just can't send it til Tuesday. I understand you are eager to use it, but acting entitled is uncalled for.

So......what happened with that .xls ? I mean sheesh it takes like 5 seconds. You open it in your excel and save as .xls . It's not like you have to remake the whole thing.

And it's not like I have to do it at all, so don't be pissy. I haven't been home all week because of finals. I said the update would be out on Tuesday, the day I go home. And its not 1 spreadsheet its 10 or so all with specific hyperlinks, then I have to re zip the entire thing and re-upload it which I can't even do here because uploading bandwidth is throttled on campus. It has been done, I just can't send it til Tuesday. I understand you are eager to use it, but acting entitled is uncalled for.

People can be so rude sometimes, can't they? You spend countless hours working on this thing for everyone to use (For FREE I might add) and people have to act like that.

People can be so rude sometimes, can't they? You spend countless hours working on this thing for everyone to use (For FREE I might add) and people have to act like that.

1. All you have to do is use "Save all" instead of Save or Save As. It takes care of all the spreadsheets in one shot. You also don't need to rezip everything, just the spreadsheets themselves, which you have in one folder all by themselves. I tried downloading OpenOffice and use that to convert the files myself, but it seems the hyperlinks don't work in OpenOffice. Maybe I'll try LibreOffice, but I don't expect the results to be much different.

2. To SoundTheAlarm: While I suppose it wasn't ApostKahn's intent, I've seen too many people just format something as what is convenient and not care about all the people being left out by their decision (or lackthereof.) Progammers are supposed format their work for the widest audience possible. They'll say they'll fix it and then never do so. As I mentioned though, I suppose it's not ApostKahn's intent to be that careless.

1. All you have to do is use "Save all" instead of Save or Save As. It takes care of all the spreadsheets in one shot. You also don't need to rezip everything, just the spreadsheets themselves, which you have in one folder all by themselves. I tried downloading OpenOffice and use that to convert the files myself, but it seems the hyperlinks don't work in OpenOffice. Maybe I'll try LibreOffice, but I don't expect the results to be much different.

2. To SoundTheAlarm: While I suppose it wasn't ApostKahn's intent, I've seen too many people just format something as what is convenient and not care about all the people being left out by their decision (or lackthereof.) Progammers are supposed format their work for the widest audience possible. They'll say they'll fix it and then never do so. As I mentioned though, I suppose it's not ApostKahn's intent to be that careless.

Well, firstly I am a graphic designer / writer / musician, I'm not a modder or a programer. Secondly, in Excel 2013 they no longer provide a list of file extensions when saving, similar to the messed up way MS went about doing Windows 8, they tried to copy Apple's minimalistic nonsense and took away options. Plus, the fact that I went out of my way to include a link to the free demo of excel 2013 in my video notes, as well as provided an extensive video on how to do a basic install, I'd say I went out of my way to help as many people use it as is humanly possible. I am sorry you went through all that hassle, but if you just downloaded the excel 2013 demo that I linked to, which gives you a full 30 days free, then you could have just done what you wanted to do without all that hassle and without making demands and insulting people. It's kind of like someone giving you box full of blu-rays for free and then you bitching about them not converting them to dvd format for you.

n

Well, firstly I am a graphic designer / writer / musician, I'm not a modder or a programer. Secondly, in Excel 2013 they no longer provide a list of file extensions when saving, similar to the messed up way MS went about doing Windows 8, they tried to copy Apple's minimalistic nonsense and took away options. Plus, the fact that I went out of my way to include a link to the free demo of excel 2013 in my video notes, as well as provided an extensive video on how to do a basic install, I'd say I went out of my way to help as many people use it as is humanly possible. I am sorry you went through all that hassle, but if you just downloaded the excel 2013 demo that I linked to, which gives you a full 30 days free, then you could have just done what you wanted to do without all that hassle and without making demands and insulting people. It's kind of like someone giving you box full of blu-rays for free and then you bitching about them not converting them to dvd format for you.

I wasn't saying you were being careless and lazy, I was saying I've seen too many that were. You're right about all the stupid changes MS has made to office. When I tried 2007 and saw them trying to make it more Mac-ish I abandoned ship stuck with my 2003 version. Also your link to the "trial version" of Excel is a bust. You are required to download all of Office, AND you're required to give billing information (ie. credit card info.) After the 30 days is up they will automatically start charging you monthly fees.

*****AD-ON UPDATE #1 INFO*****

Download Includes

51 new full superstar images

59 superstar rankings images

11 caw roster images

WCW themed current champions banner

Nitro logo for WCW win / loss record header

Custom 2001 Trish Stratus hyperlink tab for event calendar spreadsheet

2001 & 2002 header png images for the event calendar

Custom Dirt Sheet icon png for event calendar for tracking rumors, injury news and storylines

DOWNLOAD HERE

Ad-on update #2 will be released Jan 13th and will have similar content

I've found a solution of sorts:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3

This will allow older versions of Excel to open .xlsx files. The hyperlinks don't work, but this is due to .xlsx not being fully recognized--a problem easily fixed. I'll include converted .xls in a bit. I can't use the aforementioned "save all" solution, because that would require having the having the hyperlinks working in order for Excel to read all the files at once. So I'll have to do this the long way

Excellent Update, only one quick question:

How do I go about adding the updates to the existing tracker? I'm sure its simple, I just don't want to mess anything up!

Thanks and great work.

Easiest way is to just open the folder, hit select all>copy and then paste them into that folder in your main wwe 2k14 tracker folder. IE superstars full in the update copies over to superstars full in the 2k tracker folder, ect. Even if u just copy and paste the folder I think it will give you a merge option. There shouldn't be any duplicate files names, but if there are it should pop up with a notification telling you about it.

I re-did it all in xls format for you with the hyperlinks. Here's the xls sheets for anyone else who needs them.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rt4tqd7yuzlxnzz/WWE%202K14%20Tracker%20By%20Apost%20Khan%20XLS%20Format.rar

Very much appreciated. Now I don't have to go "the long way." Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a bit of an old bump but i just found this and it is a masterpiece. I can not imagine how much work went into this. Are there going to be any future updates, like the dirt sheet spreadsheet or more images? I can understand if there wont be but this is just too useful for me to not at least ask. Thanks for the hard work!

Does anyone out there know what font s used for the words like Appearances and Feuds Won? Working on a major update to this for myself with weekly Raw/Smackdown shows and ECW titles and King of the Ring history links and Dirt Sheet area and want to keep it all similar.

Archived