Your data is corrupted

fizpop

Watch shall I do than,and how can I fix it?

can;t. Once its corrupt its done. Delete it and start over. Sucks, but thats the only thing you can do. Thats why I'm so thankful the savedata is smaller this year and I can back up my saves to playstation plus.

totally, i was so happy to see it was small enough to stick on the cloud, after last year's 3GB save file :facepalm:

Watch shall I do than,and how can I fix it?

Some of you might find this funny. But I have kind of still got most of my saves after some of the data was corrupted.

I went into the xbox storage area through the settings and went to my saved games. Went into the WWE 2K14 save and it showed me what was corrupted. I was gutted as it was the slot 1 in CAW mode (Moloch was too much for this game lol) plus a few paints tool logos.

After deleting them, I restarted the game but it still showed me that data was corrupted. So at this point I did as it asked and asked to overwrite the WWE 2K14 data thinking it would remove everything and start everything as fresh. But to my surprise, most of my data was still alive and all other CAWs were still there. So I'm kind of lucky. Hope this helps?

All my data is lost. I don't have auto save either so there must be a fault with the disc. None of my other game saves have ever been corrupted. But why always the WWE games?

I love how everyone ignores this quite important and common sense question.

I really doubt everyone is ignoring his question, its just that no one has an answer for him. Also I notice that you pointed this out and yet you aren't trying to help him either.

All my data is lost. I don't have auto save either so there must be a fault with the disc. None of my other game saves have ever been corrupted. But why always the WWE games?

I really doubt everyone is ignoring his question, its just that no one has an answer for him. Also I notice that you pointed this out and yet you aren't trying to help him either.

...It was more of a rhetorical question lol

IMPORTANT

One thing I have learned over the last several generations of game consoles is that even if you are told your data is corrupt, it is very possibly that your data is actually just fine, the console just isn't reading your data properly.

If you are playing on xbox 360, especially one of the phat models, before you start deleting "corrupt" data I would strongly suggest you try this:

1. Turn the system off

2. Detach the harddrive

3. Reattach the harddrive carefully and verify it has a good connection all the way around (the actual connector as well as all the clip tabs on the ends.)

4. Turn the system back on and see if it still says your data is corrupt.

Even if you've never detached the harddrive before and it has always worked fine for you, things can happen. If the connector is off just slightly and it incorrectly reads just a single byte, it will tell you your data is corrupt. So even if you think this is a complete waste of time, do it anyway!

Another thing you can do is transfer all your WWE save data to a thumbdrive. With WWE '13, I was able to rescue most of my data by doing this, then I created a brand new save on the 360's harddrive. Then my next step was to fill all the CAW slots with dummy CAWs, (ie. just start a new CAW and save it with all defaults.) Once you've done that the save knows you have that many CAWs and you can then replace the dummies with the real ones in your "corrupted" save. You may not be able to recover all of them, but you should be able to get most of them. Paint tool and create arenas seemed to show up without needing dummies first, but you can fill those as well if you want.

To answer the OP's question about why this only seems to happen with WWE games, well there's ALOT more going on in WWE saves than in most other games. That's why, ever since consoles used optical media & memory cards I made sure to have one extra large memory card for the main purpose of storing the large amount of data produced by WWE games--even back in the N64/PS1 days.

Well his comment made him come off as rude. But I'm sorry if I overreacted.

Think is that rhetorical question as if I was saying ''what's up with dat''? Lol

Think is that rhetorical question as if I was saying ''what's up with dat''? Lol

Fair enough.

Fair enough , but it is annoying to see everyone here seems to ignore his point in general. we talk about this years glitches, we hope they'll be fixed next year, but we dont look back and say, "Hey guys, they haven't fixed more than 5 glitches in the history of the series, maybe we should take our money elsewhere."

(5 is a random number.)

I have a different story, but the same outcome. Every time I try to download the update 1.02 patch for the PS3 it would always say there is a problem and it corrupts my game data. When I play with out the update my CAWs entrance would default. My question is how can I get the updates with out having them corrupt the game data. This is for the PS3 by the way.

Archived