WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

PHOTO: CM Punk In NOTHING But Underwear Following WWE Raw, What Happened After Raw?

Posted By: Lee on Dec 09, 2013
Source: Partial: WWE'sBiggestFan On Twitter
Well this is new.
Apparently after Raw, there was some kind of Spinaroonie contest featuring CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and EVEN Stephanie McMahon.
This however is how it ended. No idea how at the minute but we will post when we know! :)
wLWxNad.jpg

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignorance runs deep within this forum.

With sprinkles of hypocrisy & fickleness.

Agreed. That promo was epic. If you replaced Cena with Cesaro/Bryan/Reigns/Langston people would go on and on about how epic it is. But because it was from Cena, they instantly label it as boring. He finally did something different and people don't give it a chance.

Can you imagine Cena being among the past champions and Daniel holding the mic in that promo? No, because it's all about Cena. It always is, first and foremost.
All I ask is if WWE would stop using their guys who "don't have it" when they have already been put in the back-burner to bail out their handpicked stars.

I remember a time when the WWE title picture didn't have anything to do with Cena. Royal Rumble 2012, Elimination Chamber 2012, Extreme Rules 2012, Over the limit 2012, No Way Out 2012. I'm sure there were other examples but that's the one that comes to mind recently.

If you're a Punk fan, you should be very well aware of all of those events and how the WWE title vs. John Cena were treated.

If Cena was actually about to put Bryan over, he would do something crazy like suggest that Bryan should be in the match (to make it a triple threat)...but he wouldn't do that, because it would threaten his job security (and his place at the top). Cena doesn't want Bryan to be at his level. They may be friends, but he's quite happy with being above Bryan. This is just something that you can feel when you listen to the way he actually speaks about the situation.

Cena doesn't have creative control to just throw people into matches like that. You do realize this is professional wrestling correct? The wrestlers don't really decide who they're going to wrestle against. Get a grip man.

Which is why I put that part about job security in there. If Cena actually wanted to give Bryan the respect that he deserves, the best way to do that would be to say something to make HHH/Vince actually realize what they have. Taking the hype from Bryan and putting it on himself only serves to show the brass that Bryan's hype can easily be transferred from person to person (hence, they don't need to actually feature him in matches...they can just use him). If Cena was to state on live television that Bryan belongs in the match, it would be a slap in the face to HHH/Vince. They wouldn't fire him over it...but it would piss them off, and possibly wake them up.

I find there to be truth behind Cena's words when he mentions that Bryan has worked for everything he's gotten. And that the only fair time he's been in a WWE title match was against him at summerslam. I believe Cena wants Bryan to be the top guy one day.

Yeah...just not while he is.

If Cena was actually about to put Bryan over, he would do something crazy like suggest that Bryan should be in the match (to make it a triple threat)...but he wouldn't do that, because it would threaten his job security (and his place at the top). Cena doesn't want Bryan to be at his level. They may be friends, but he's quite happy with being above Bryan. This is just something that you can feel when you listen to the way he actually speaks about the situation.

Cena doesn't have creative control to just throw people into matches like that. You do realize this is professional wrestling correct? The wrestlers don't really decide who they're going to wrestle against. Get a grip man.

Which is why I put that part about job security in there. If Cena actually wanted to give Bryan the respect that he deserves, the best way to do that would be to say something to make HHH/Vince actually realize what they have. Taking the hype from Bryan and putting it on himself only serves to show the brass that Bryan's hype can easily be transferred from person to person (hence, they don't need to actually feature him in matches...they can just use him). If Cena was to state on live television that Bryan belongs in the match, it would be a slap in the face to HHH/Vince. They wouldn't fire him over it...but it would piss them off, and possibly wake them up.

He did, he just freakin' did in this promo! He said he looked forward to the rematch, he said Daniel worked his ass off while Orton was given everything on the platter, and he even put Daniel's win over Cena cleanly. How is that not giving Daniel the respect he deserves or not saying something to make Triple H and Vince realize what they have? Big Show is the one who took hype from Bryan and put it on himself. Cena just increased Bryan's hype.

He could have said that, yes, but what good would that do? Personally, I think saying Cena looked forward to the rematch was more of a slap because it'd be just Cena vs. Bryan. I'm not a fan of Cena myself, but c'mon man.

I seriously doubt Cena will wake Vince or Triple H up, if the crowd couldn't. Almost every week we hear Bryan get the largest pop and crowd involvement in his matches, yet he's not the champ or even near the upper midcard. What if Cena actually pushes for Bryan to be pushed backstage, but the dirtsheets don't report it?

I really don't get why people have to be so negative all the time even to people they don't like. I don't like Sandow, I still admitted he had a beautiful moonsault. I didn't say he stole the moonsault idea from Cody or second-rope moonsault from ADR. I don't like LeBron, but I can still admit he's one of the best players out there. I don't like Cena, but I can still admit when he puts on a good match or cuts a good promo.

Agreed. That promo was epic. If you replaced Cena with Cesaro/Bryan/Reigns/Langston people would go on and on about how epic it is. But because it was from Cena, they instantly label it as boring. He finally did something different and people don't give it a chance.

Can you imagine Cena being among the past champions and Daniel holding the mic in that promo? No, because it's all about Cena. It always is, first and foremost.
All I ask is if WWE would stop using their guys who "don't have it" when they have already been put in the back-burner to bail out their handpicked stars.

I remember a time when the WWE title picture didn't have anything to do with Cena. Royal Rumble 2012, Elimination Chamber 2012, Extreme Rules 2012, Over the limit 2012, No Way Out 2012. I'm sure there were other examples but that's the one that comes to mind recently.

If you're a Punk fan, you should be very well aware of all of those events and how the WWE title vs. John Cena were treated.

Regardless of how it was treated, John Cena was not WWE Champion. He wasn't even the top guy. Did he main event the ppv's? Yeah sure, but he wasn't the champion, he wasn't the top guy. CM Punk was.

Trips is naive as all of you have been about this. He thinks Cena is on *censored*ing fire and Daniel's a little hometown hero.

Ryder is the easiest example of this. Come on people.

Impossible, given Daniel gets that level of pop almost anywhere. Cena talked about Daniel on live TV and put him over.

so i found this on facebook. punk did this after raw went off the air

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1426734_183555035179259_916860148_n.jpg

Why?

Regardless of how it was treated, John Cena was not WWE Champion. He wasn't even the top guy. Did he main event the ppv's? Yeah sure, but he wasn't the champion, he wasn't the top guy. CM Punk was.

The WWE title took a backburner to Cena though.

I don't think so. The fans were always more interested in the WWE title match. Cena was involved in a drawn out storyline that people honestly didn't care about, they were just happy to see it end.

How do you know what his intentions were? Again, too many people complain about Cena. He could cut the best promo of all time and people would still nitpick and complain about it instead of appreciating it.

It honestly wasn't even a great promo. Go back and watch it again. It was alright, but Christ...The true energy of that segment came from the crowd. It then transitioned directly to Bryan. Cena took a lot of it and ran with it. The rest of the segment was pretty dry. Shit got real when Trips threw Punk to the ground. Then shit got epic when everything went down with Bryan/HBK/Orton/Steph. Without the Bryan hype, and without the random attacks involving Bryan/Punk/HBK, that whole segment would have been tumbleweeds. FACT.

Incorrect. even without the ending segment, it'd still have been a good segment. John Cena cut a great promo and most likely pointed out the fact that Daniel worked hard. It'd be funny if Triple H and WWE got mad at Cena for involving Daniel and making him look better than Orton. Again, people are finding too many excuses to hate on Cena, I don't get it.

You guys will say Damien Sandow is a good talker and has mic skills or Dolf has a good gimmick or character, but you'll say Cena cut a bad promo and went for cheap pop? Pretty BS, man. Appreciate what happened... why would Cena risk diverting attention away from him and the match, when he knows people would prefer Daniel? I personally liked it because he was telling the head honchos at WWE that Bryan worked hard to get where he is, and that there will likely be a rematch, and that Cena is confident in BRyan and endorses him.

You guys will just focus on the negatives.

THIS^^^^^^^^

I don't think so. The fans were always more interested in the WWE title match. Cena was involved in a drawn out storyline that people honestly didn't care about, they were just happy to see it end.

I'm talking about card placement though. Cena always main evented while the WWE title was at best, second to last match of the PPV. Cena also got more attention than the WWE title.

We're not talking about what the fans want. It's about what WWE wants. That's been my issue.

I'm talking about card placement though. Cena always main evented while the WWE title was at best, second to last match of the PPV. Cena also got more attention than the WWE title.

I'll give you that, but the card placement doesn't always determine what's more important.

People will dislike anything Cena does. Fact is that was a great promo.

That's what a majority on here do. When someone they dislike does something good, they just going to ignore it and says its pandering or it sucked, etc... Then when one of their favorites do something similar, the whole world rotates with twice as much speed ( no pun intended ). It is what it is. Don't waste your breath.

I'll give you that, but the card placement doesn't always determine what's more important.

I'll give you that too, but WWE has always acted like John Cena was more important. His feuds or segments and anything to do with him got more attention than most other stuff. Main reason why I consider main event as proof Cena is seen as higher priority is because it's called "main event." I could be wrong though.

To add to what Mizfit said, he got hated on for the same comments that a Punk fan made about Punk being sloppy or not as good, but the Punk fan had people agreeing with him. :lol: Just an example of how members on this forum can be like.

For the main event it does. You don't see the Epico's or Kidd's headlining shows do you?

Archived