WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

So ridiculous. Its nice to see some people actually enjoying it. If it were ANYONE else (Punk/Bryan/Cesaro/Ambrose) cutting that promo, people would have been going nuts and posting threads about it for the next couple weeks. Cena does it "lol why does he have to bring Bryan into it? Seriously get your own hype, it wasn't even that good anyways". Really terrible

That's because if it was Punk/Cesaro/Ambrose, they would actually be mentioning Bryan because they're in the same position as him...not because their own promo is going nowhere and they want to take the crowd reaction from the guy who's getting it. But, whatever...Cena and Bryan are friends outside the ring...so who am I to complain?

This is true...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually pretty pissed off. I don't give a *Censored* what your preferences are, Cena cut a *censored*ing awesome promo and we have people calling him egotistical and a pandering blowhard for what, giving credit for the guy YOU WANT HIM TO GIVE *censored*ING CREDIT TO? LEARN TO *censored*ING APPRECIATE WHEN SOMEONE IS GIVING A GOOD *censored*ING PROMO, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU LIKE HIM

CENA ACTUALLY DID HIS *censored*ING DAMNDEST TO GET PEOPLE HYPED FOR THIS MATCH AND HE'S GETS SO MUCH DAMN RESPECT FOR DOING IT. GODDAMMIT

But the thing is...he was only doing that to get himself cheered. He wasn't doing it to put Bryan over. Bryan is already over. Cena knew that if he didn't hype Bryan, he would be booed. His match would be booed. People wouldn't care about his match. He took the energy that Bryan had and put it squarely on himself...which is what he always does. Hence, pissing people off.

I do agree with the last part though...whether stealing Bryan's mojo was right or wrong, it helped get people interested in a match that they would otherwise not give a shit about...but when the PPV is on, and people actually start to watch the match, they're going to realize that they never actually did give a shit about it...

But that in itself is a win-win for all involved. He helped the prestige of the match by not making it look like a complete snoozefest, and he legitimately helped Bryan out while also using the momentum to get people on his side. He turned something initially selfish to something that helped recognize an underutilized superstar and help push this match that nobody was too interested in; all while cutting an excellent promo. Thinking that he ONLY did it for himself is such one-dimensional thinking imo, and that's what pissed me off.

If that's the case (a win-win) where's Ryder? Cena mooched off his popularity.. Is Punk the same? Is Ryback the same? Is Daniel champion? It only fairly benefits everyone when both parties get the same share.

It would have been a snoozefest if it was just a Cena and Orton promo. Cena used Daniel Bryan to hide behind who he really is.

You're bringing up Daniel being the champion? He beat Cena fair and square, and Cena JUST admitted it. Blame Orton and Triple H, not Cena. Ryder was destined to be buried with or without Cena, and didn't Punk's momentum get *censored*ed up by Triple H and Nash? Ryback is the only argument you have, and that could be blamed on the booking/creative.

Cena put over Bryan. He didn't hide behind Daniel Bryan...

If Cena was actually about to put Bryan over, he would do something crazy like suggest that Bryan should be in the match (to make it a triple threat)...but he wouldn't do that, because it would threaten his job security (and his place at the top). Cena doesn't want Bryan to be at his level. They may be friends, but he's quite happy with being above Bryan. This is just something that you can feel when you listen to the way he actually speaks about the situation.

Ignorance runs deep within this forum.

With sprinkles of hypocrisy & fickleness.

Agreed. That promo was epic. If you replaced Cena with Cesaro/Bryan/Reigns/Langston people would go on and on about how epic it is. But because it was from Cena, they instantly label it as boring. He finally did something different and people don't give it a chance.

If Cena was actually about to put Bryan over, he would do something crazy like suggest that Bryan should be in the match (to make it a triple threat)...but he wouldn't do that, because it would threaten his job security (and his place at the top). Cena doesn't want Bryan to be at his level. They may be friends, but he's quite happy with being above Bryan. This is just something that you can feel when you listen to the way he actually speaks about the situation.

How is that Cena's fault? I doubt Triple H or the booking would let him do that, especially since Bryan already has a match and his own storyline. If Cena was scared about his job (which I doubt he is, he's just as safe as Orton is), he wouldn't have lost to Bryan in the first place, and he'd have claimed Bryan won only because of the injury. I felt nothing but respect towards Bryan.

Again, it feels like excuses to make Cena look bad and like a douche.

Agreed. That promo was epic. If you replaced Cena with Cesaro/Bryan/Reigns/Langston people would go on and on about how epic it is. But because it was from Cena, they instantly label it as boring. He finally did something different and people don't give it a chance.

People will dislike anything Cena does. Fact is that was a great promo.

Cena doesn't have creative control to just throw people into matches like that. You do realize this is professional wrestling correct? The wrestlers don't really decide who they're going to wrestle against. Come on man.

Can you imagine Cena being among the past champions and Daniel holding the mic in that promo? No, because it's all about Cena. It always is, first and foremost.
All I ask is if WWE would stop using their guys who "don't have it" when they have already been put in the back-burner to bail out their handpicked stars.

Cena doesn't have creative control to just throw people into matches like that. You do realize this is professional wrestling correct? The wrestlers don't really decide who they're going to wrestle against. Get a grip man.

Which is why I put that part about job security in there. If Cena actually wanted to give Bryan the respect that he deserves, the best way to do that would be to say something to make HHH/Vince actually realize what they have. Taking the hype from Bryan and putting it on himself only serves to show the brass that Bryan's hype can easily be transferred from person to person (hence, they don't need to actually feature him in matches...they can just use him). If Cena was to state on live television that Bryan belongs in the match, it would be a slap in the face to HHH/Vince. They wouldn't fire him over it...but it would piss them off, and possibly wake them up.

Man, I wanna know how Triple H feels about this. Not only did Daniel get reaction from the crowd, but Cena also got Daniel more attention.

hey wait, why isn't anyone complaining about Orton using HBK or Bret or the Montreal Screwjob to get heat? DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Can you imagine Cena being among the past champions and Daniel holding the mic in that promo? No, because it's all about Cena. It always is, first and foremost.
All I ask is if WWE would stop using their guys who "don't have it" when they have already been put in the back-burner to bail out their handpicked stars.

I remember a time when the WWE title picture didn't have anything to do with Cena. Royal Rumble 2012, Elimination Chamber 2012, Extreme Rules 2012, Over the limit 2012, No Way Out 2012. I'm sure there were other examples but that's the one that comes to mind recently.

Man, I wanna know how Triple H feels about this. Not only did Daniel get reaction from the crowd, but Cena also got Daniel more attention.

hey wait, why isn't anyone complaining about Orton using HBK or Bret or the Montreal Screwjob to get heat? DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Trips is naive as all of you have been about this. He thinks Cena is on *censored*ing fire and Daniel's a little hometown hero.

Ryder is the easiest example of this. Come on people.

Cena doesn't have creative control to just throw people into matches like that. You do realize this is professional wrestling correct? The wrestlers don't really decide who they're going to wrestle against. Get a grip man.

Which is why I put that part about job security in there. If Cena actually wanted to give Bryan the respect that he deserves, the best way to do that would be to say something to make HHH/Vince actually realize what they have. Taking the hype from Bryan and putting it on himself only serves to show the brass that Bryan's hype can easily be transferred from person to person (hence, they don't need to actually feature him in matches...they can just use him). If Cena was to state on live television that Bryan belongs in the match, it would be a slap in the face to HHH/Vince. They wouldn't fire him over it...but it would piss them off, and possibly wake them up.

I find there to be truth behind Cena's words when he mentions that Bryan has worked for everything he's gotten. And that the only fair time he's been in a WWE title match was against him at summerslam. I believe Cena wants Bryan to be the top guy one day.

Archived