WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

Ladies and gentlemen, Corporate Cena.

xDx7ZNu.png

Not sure which screenshot is more golden - that or big Trips smile with Punk facepalm in the background.

I'm sorry, I can't help but to laugh at this visual. If done right, a lot can come from this in the long run. All we have to do is cross our fingers...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cena is still pathetic because it was the same speech as always.

"BLAH BLAH you can't get it done BLAH BLAH but this guy who the people love can BLAH BLAH but I'm actually doing it BLAH BLAH good luck god bless."

Did you watch the right TV show? That promo was epic.

I'm actually pretty pissed off. I don't give a *Censored* what your preferences are, Cena cut a *censored*ing awesome promo and we have people calling him egotistical and a pandering blowhard for what, giving credit for the guy YOU WANT HIM TO GIVE *censored*ING CREDIT TO? LEARN TO *censored*ING APPRECIATE WHEN SOMEONE IS GIVING A GOOD *censored*ING PROMO, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU LIKE HIM

CENA ACTUALLY DID HIS *censored*ING DAMNDEST TO GET PEOPLE HYPED FOR THIS MATCH AND HE'S GETS SO MUCH DAMN RESPECT FOR DOING IT. GODDAMMIT

But the thing is...he was only doing that to get himself cheered. He wasn't doing it to put Bryan over. Bryan is already over. Cena knew that if he didn't hype Bryan, he would be booed. His match would be booed. People wouldn't care about his match. He took the energy that Bryan had and put it squarely on himself...which is what he always does. Hence, pissing people off.

I do agree with the last part though...whether stealing Bryan's mojo was right or wrong, it helped get people interested in a match that they would otherwise not give a shit about...but when the PPV is on, and people actually start to watch the match, they're going to realize that they never actually did give a shit about it...

How do you know what his intentions were? Again, too many people complain about Cena. He could cut the best promo of all time and people would still nitpick and complain about it instead of appreciating it.

I'm actually pretty pissed off. I don't give a *Censored* what your preferences are, Cena cut a *censored*ing awesome promo and we have people calling him egotistical and a pandering blowhard for what, giving credit for the guy YOU WANT HIM TO GIVE *censored*ING CREDIT TO? LEARN TO *censored*ING APPRECIATE WHEN SOMEONE IS GIVING A GOOD *censored*ING PROMO, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU LIKE HIM

CENA ACTUALLY DID HIS *censored*ING DAMNDEST TO GET PEOPLE HYPED FOR THIS MATCH AND HE'S GETS SO MUCH DAMN RESPECT FOR DOING IT. GODDAMMIT

But the thing is...he was only doing that to get himself cheered. He wasn't doing it to put Bryan over. Bryan is already over. Cena knew that if he didn't hype Bryan, he would be booed. His match would be booed. People wouldn't care about his match. He took the energy that Bryan had and put it squarely on himself...which is what he always does. Hence, pissing people off.

I do agree with the last part though...whether stealing Bryan's mojo was right or wrong, it helped get people interested in a match that they would otherwise not give a shit about...but when the PPV is on, and people actually start to watch the match, they're going to realize that they never actually did give a shit about it...

To be honest, Cena put up a very good promo for what it was, but I feel that there wasn't a need to highlight Bryan for face value. Even though it was nice for him to do so, I felt that was kind of cheap on his part considering the environment they were in. Though, I'd love to see the rematch between them.

But that in itself is a win-win for all involved. He helped the prestige of the match by not making it look like a complete snoozefest, and he legitimately helped Bryan out while also using the momentum to get people on his side. He turned something initially selfish to something that helped recognize an underutilized superstar and help push this match that nobody was too interested in; all while cutting an excellent promo. Thinking that he ONLY did it for himself is such one-dimensional thinking imo, and that's what pissed me off.

How do you know what his intentions were? Again, too many people complain about Cena. He could cut the best promo of all time and people would still nitpick and complain about it instead of appreciating it.

It honestly wasn't even a great promo. Go back and watch it again. It was alright, but Christ...The true energy of that segment came from the crowd. It then transitioned directly to Bryan. Cena took a lot of it and ran with it. The rest of the segment was pretty dry. Shit got real when Trips threw Punk to the ground. Then shit got epic when everything went down with Bryan/HBK/Orton/Steph. Without the Bryan hype, and without the random attacks involving Bryan/Punk/HBK, that whole segment would have been tumbleweeds. FACT.

So ridiculous. Its nice to see some people actually enjoying it. If it were ANYONE else (Punk/Bryan/Cesaro/Ambrose) cutting that promo, people would have been going nuts and posting threads about it for the next couple weeks. Cena does it "lol why does he have to bring Bryan into it? Seriously get your own hype, it wasn't even that good anyways". Really terrible

But that in itself is a win-win for all involved. He helped the prestige of the match by not making it look like a complete snoozefest, and he legitimately helped Bryan out while also using the momentum to get people on his side. He turned something initially selfish to something that helped recognize an underutilized superstar and help push this match that nobody was too interested in; all while cutting an excellent promo. Thinking that he ONLY did it for himself is such one-dimensional thinking imo, and that's what pissed me off.

How is it a win-win?

How did Bryan get help from Cena?

Cena got help from Bryan if anything.

This promo is so over-rated, it's the same crap he gives us every week? What's so great about?

Great segment that showcased a lot of potential going forward. Unfortunately, I feel that WWE will just squander this opportunity like they did CM Punk a couple of years ago, or Daniel Bryan a couple of months ago, or even Mark Henry after his epic retirement speech. In the end, Cena will probably win it, or Orton will win it with help from the corporation. Nothing will be new I'm afraid.

It honestly wasn't even a great promo. Go back and watch it again. It was alright, but Christ...The true energy of that segment came from the crowd. It then transitioned directly to Bryan. Cena took a lot of it and ran with it. The rest of the segment was pretty dry. Shit got real when Trips threw Punk to the ground. Then shit got epic when everything went down with Bryan/HBK/Orton/Steph. Without the Bryan hype, and without the random attacks involving Bryan/Punk/HBK, that whole segment would have been tumbleweeds. FACT.

Incorrect. even without the ending segment, it'd still have been a good segment. John Cena cut a great promo and most likely pointed out the fact that Daniel worked hard. It'd be funny if Triple H and WWE got mad at Cena for involving Daniel and making him look better than Orton. Again, people are finding too many excuses to hate on Cena, I don't get it.

You guys will say Damien Sandow is a good talker and has mic skills or Dolf has a good gimmick or character, but you'll say Cena cut a bad promo and went for cheap pop? Pretty BS, man. Appreciate what happened... why would Cena risk diverting attention away from him and the match, when he knows people would prefer Daniel? I personally liked it because he was telling the head honchos at WWE that Bryan worked hard to get where he is, and that there will likely be a rematch, and that Cena is confident in BRyan and endorses him.

You guys will just focus on the negatives.

If that's the case (a win-win) where's Ryder? Cena mooched off his popularity.. Is Punk the same? Is Ryback the same? Is Daniel champion? It only fairly benefits everyone when both parties get the same share.

It would have been a snoozefest if it was just a Cena and Orton promo. Cena used Daniel Bryan to hide behind who he really is.

So ridiculous. Its nice to see some people actually enjoying it. If it were ANYONE else (Punk/Bryan/Cesaro/Ambrose) cutting that promo, people would have been going nuts and posting threads about it for the next couple weeks. Cena does it "lol why does he have to bring Bryan into it? Seriously get your own hype, it wasn't even that good anyways". Really terrible

That's because if it was Punk/Cesaro/Ambrose, they would actually be mentioning Bryan because they're in the same position as him...not because their own promo is going nowhere and they want to take the crowd reaction from the guy who's getting it. But, whatever...Cena and Bryan are friends outside the ring...so who am I to complain?

What an ending!! Like BestForBusiness said, sometimes going off the script turns out great. Improvisation always lends a certain believability to the whole situation. It certainly did tonight. The ensuing chaos (which likely was according to plan though) felt even more intense because of Cena's shoot speech.

John really did show off some serious mic skills tonight. The crowd was white hot for their home state hero, and even when John seemingly was leeching off of the Bearded One, the respect was so palpable that it seemed genuine and the crowd really got behind Cena which was interesting, and appreciated because again John saved the whole scene. The finisher spam sequence at the end was also really cool because each finisher hit had real implications within a variety of interwoven stories. Kudos WWE.

Archived