Shiny effect on Threads?

iamthedoctor

Is anyone else having this problem?

I tried to do threads for Macho Mania 8 attire and when I change the colour I get a shiny effect so the colours show screwed up. For instance I tried to colour a part of the attire black and it just showed the colour a white/yellow colour which isnt what I wante.

Anyone else having this as it makes it unable to shade the correct colour like this.

Yeah, some attire threads are pretty *censored*ed up this year. The same goes for Dibiase's suit and the lettering on the back of Steiners trunks. Can't even make his white or red trunks without the damn lettering not getting the proper black colour. Instead it turns into some werid greyish/silver colour. :mad:

Yeah, some attire threads are pretty *censored*ed up this year. The same goes for Dibiase's suit and the lettering on the back of Steiners trunks. Can't even make his white or red trunks without the damn lettering not getting the proper black colour. Instead it turns into some werid greyish/silver colour. :mad:

Glad its not me. Yeah I saw that on steiners wanted to do his white trunks attire and when I tried changing the words to black they appeared a white grey. No idea if its like that in the actual game when you wrestle but the shiny thing is bugging me.

I think it only affects the attires that have that shiny texture to them...look at savages wm8 attire...it's loaded with shiny spandex and glittery material. I think the color spectrum doesn't know what to do on metallic and reflective surfaces....so it tends to distort....but like nystyle said...it's been like this for a while. I think it just takes some toying around with to get it close to where you want it.

I've noticed this. A lot of the glossy/reflective attires are SUPER shiny. I've managed to make it work in my favor a few times, but for the most part, its just mildly annoying. Hopefully next year they'll add the option to select the color and intensity of reflective surfaces, but untill then there isn't much to do about it but mope.

Diesel another one hindered by this, can't get his singlet black because of shine can only got to a dark grey. Belts on guys like Hogan & Nwo Savage also affected. Titus O'Neil's trunks have a purple shine to them when you try to make them black.

I'm a huge user of threads so things like this piss me off, still not quite as bad as how they have murdered Rybacks threads 2 years running

I think it only affects the attires that have that shiny texture to them...look at savages wm8 attire...it's loaded with shiny spandex and glittery material. I think the color spectrum doesn't know what to do on metallic and reflective surfaces....so it tends to distort....but like nystyle said...it's been like this for a while. I think it just takes some toying around with to get it close to where you want it.

Is it shiny when you wrestle or is it just a problem in threads mode?

I rented the game before DLC came out, so I can't comment on everything.

The gold shine effect on Macho Man's WrestleMania 8 attire messed up some of my ideas. Black turns to gold, red turns to orange. I didn't try white.

I was going to create a WCW Mega Powers attire by giving him a yellow jacket w/ red tassels, but it didn't turn out well. I think I adapted by swapping the red for yellow. I believe that's really the only way to adapt to his threads (swap the colors). You can't color his sunglasses, but it's barely noticeable, imo. Fortunately, you can still create some beautiful designs with his threads, even though it's not an ideal system. I had been worried after his WWE 12 threads were pretty bad, but thankfully his WWE 2k14 threads are much better. The only downside is that there are only three slots. Limitless threads possibilities with the Macho Man.

His WrestleMania III robe can be more difficult to work with, in my experience. That shine effect, you know.

Hollywood Hogan's threads are damn near useless. The shirt is tied to his entrance, the entrance is stuck with the black & white effect, and that's just the start. The Hollywood design always the same color as his belt, and you can't color his sunglasses either. I'm thinking about replacing this model with a CAW after I buy the game. His face doesn't look good anyway.

Diesel's threads appear to be 100% useless. According to a YouTube video that I saw, however, "Scott Hall (nWo)" threads turned black & red look sweet!

I heard you can turn the nWo logo on The Giant's entrance shirt black so that it looks seamless with his singlet. I'll have to try that.

Ted DiBiase's white & purple suit looks useless in threads. I tried to create the black & gold suit, but it didn't turn out right.

I wish you could use threads on managers. I had some ideas for Miss Elizabeth, Paul Bearer, and Bobby Heenan.

I rented the game before DLC came out, so I can't comment on everything.

The gold shine effect on Macho Man's WrestleMania 8 attire messed up some of my ideas. Black turns to gold, red turns to orange. I didn't try white.

Only reason I ask is because I saw this

Has that costume been hacked or something?

Archived