Of All The Idiotic.... (Team Entrances)

CONight

Really 2K? I'm trying to setup some entrances, first I got a KSOD with a white WWE circle loading icon in the corner. So I had to quit the game and start it up again. That's not the particular problem I'm complaining about here though. I went into create an entrance to create a tag team entrance for one of my teams I created in Universe, and all I see are the game's default teams--as though my universe has been reset and all my teams are gone. (I have heard of others losing their WWE 2k14 save from a KSOD.) Well no, all my data is actually 100% fine and intact.

The problem is a stupid design flaw in the game. Apparently you have to go through Universe to make entrances for your tag teams, you can't just start the game up and go directly to create an entrance. Now I can understand having separate settings for superstars outside of universe mode, Titles are managed separately and so forth, but this is a dumb oversight. I mean, I can go directly to create an entrance for single superstar/diva entrances and it's business as usual. With tag teams, not so much.

It's amazing how quick people are to call something a bug or a glitch. When the reality is, they just aren't paying enough attention to realize it's a perfectly effective way of doing things in this game, and the way you just so happen to be doing it, is wrong.

What is this KSOD?

Blac(K) (S)creen (O)f (D)eath

K used for Black instead of B, since there's already a (B)lue SOD. Also K represents Black in the colour acronym CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black)

Also in my original post I said I understand them wanting to have things separate, and that's a good decision. However, when you go to customize universe you can get direct access to title management, for example. Yet you don't have as easy access to create an entrance for teams. This should be streamlined better for future games.

What is this KSOD?

K used for Black instead of B, since there's already a (B)lue SOD. Also K represents Black in the colour acronym CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black)

Also in my original post I said I understand them wanting to have things separate, and that's a good decision. However, when you go to customize universe you can get direct access to title management, for example. Yet you don't have as easy access to create an entrance for teams. This should be streamlined better for future games.

???

What is this KSOD?

So far, you seem to be the only one having the issue (that I have seen, forgive me if I'm wrong). If the majority are doing fine with it, why should it be "streamlined better for future games" if YOU aren't?

Tag teams in Universe are not linked to tag teams in exhibition unless you have the default teams at the beginning of universe. Title management is the same thing. It might seem like the same titles are on the same people, but once you edit universe or it has title changes those are clearly shown separate. Its done because people who only want to play exhibition do not have to play universe mode. Plus people who are playing with friends does not effect their booking in universe mode.

This is not a bug, glitch, or design flaw. Its done to keep the two modes segregated.

Tag teams in Universe are not linked to tag teams in exhibition unless you have the default teams at the beginning of universe. Title management is the same thing. It might seem like the same titles are on the same people, but once you edit universe or it has title changes those are clearly shown separate. Its done because people who only want to play exhibition do not have to play universe mode. Plus people who are playing with friends does not effect their booking in universe mode.

This is not a bug, glitch, or design flaw. Its done to keep the two modes segregated.

You guys are misunderstanding me. I have no problem with having things in exhibition separate from universe, I actually think it's a good idea. I was using titles as an example of how things SHOULD be. Ie. for titles in universe, you go to customize universe and edit titles. Great. With the tag entrances thing, you can't just go to customize universe and directly to team entrances. You have to go to customize entrances, then edit tag teams, then edit the team you want to setup an entrance for, then scroll down to where their entrance options are set, then that takes you to another entrances menu where you select superstars/divas or teams. Select teams, and then you can edit universe team entrances. This is a tad convoluted.

The way they SHOULD make it in future games, is to be able to go into customize universe, then go directly to entrances from there.

You guys are misunderstanding me. I have no problem with having things in exhibition separate from universe, I actually think it's a good idea. I was using titles as an example of how things SHOULD be. Ie. for titles in universe, you go to customize universe and edit titles. Great. With the tag entrances thing, you can't just go to customize universe and directly to team entrances. You have to go to customize entrances, then edit tag teams, then edit the team you want to setup an entrance for, then scroll down to where their entrance options are set, then that takes you to another entrances menu where you select superstars/divas or teams. Select teams, and then you can edit universe team entrances. This is a tad convoluted.

The way they SHOULD make it in future games, is to be able to go into customize universe, then go directly to entrances from there.

Dude the way they have it now is perfect. People need to stop trying to find flaws in something. Yeah you have to do a few extra clicks, so what. There is really no problem at all with what your pointing out.

Archived