Oh my god, CAA is horrible.

NickRedMachine

I was about to start a topic about that issue too. The CAA mode is literally not useable this year, its broke in my opinion. You can do nothing accurate anymore in this mode. All the preset stages we got are useless. Its sadly every year the same, think about something stupid they could do to their game and they will top that in the end. I hope this will get fixed by a patch soon, though its an issue you could have found before release if you had tested this mode for maybe 5 minutes...

Yup, more options are always welcome. If they would think about that mode for a while they could have come to the conclusion, that the oldschool fans need some ingame logos too, like the Rumble, Survivor or Summerslam logo for example. Is it rly that hard to give us those logos when the game is already heavy based on legends?

I rly hope that the logo problem will be fixed by a patch, otherwise Im not going to make any arena this year, because I know they would look like garbage. As much as I like the game this year, with all its little flaws, the fact that I cant have proper arenas for my legends is a BIG downer for me,

No one found a workaround yet? This just baffles me.

1. Sorry for not noticing this thread before starting my own on the subject.

2. Technically there IS a work around, but I can't be bothered to do it myself. I'll explain incase anyone else wants to give it a shot:

A trick I saw people use with arena logos in WWE '13 uploaded created arenas was to split the logo into a multipart custom logo. Ie. each part of your big logo would be one smaller custom logo that in the end creates a larger logo when lined up together. You apply 4 logos to your announce table instead of one. Yes, this uses up more custom logo slots, but atleast they gave us more of those to work with in WWE 2k14.

The PT fiasco aside, what I can't stand the most is that god awful tan carpet. They need to allow us to hang banners next year too, as well as all the default arena logos - billboard graphics, apron graphics, the WWE HD barricade logo, etc.

Yeah, the tan carpet is quite limiting. But I managed to make it work for a Bash at the Beach arena, lol. I've got the sand on the stage, water on the stage panels, and the wooden plank ramp. For any other other arena though... it sucks.

And in my Nitro arena, the apron logos aren't nearly big enough. It's garbage. Not to mention the limited logo sizes everywhere else in CAA. I would be so pissed if I had bought the game instead of renting it. I hope they fix this issue soon, though. I was a little excited about the DLC.

2. Technically there IS a work around, but I can't be bothered to do it myself. I'll explain incase anyone else wants to give it a shot:

A trick I saw people use with arena logos in WWE '13 uploaded created arenas was to split the logo into a multipart custom logo. Ie. each part of your big logo would be one smaller custom logo that in the end creates a larger logo when lined up together. You apply 4 logos to your announce table instead of one. Yes, this uses up more custom logo slots, but atleast they gave us more of those to work with in WWE 2k14.

Sorry dude, this is not a trick its business as usual. Even if you do this the logos are too small to be accurate. You are able to use 2 256x256 logos ( or 8 128x128 logos). When you use the color filler and make two square blocks in PT and stretch them out and connect them on your apron, you will understand the problem. A 256x256 logo is the same as 4 connected 128x128 logos so its no difference. I made all my arenas last year with splitted logos, it wont work around the problems we have this year. I hope this was understandable lol, I just woke up.

Another thing that bothers me is that they didnt give us the Mania 8 stage as a preset for Survivor 92 and the New Generation RAW arena. If you plan this mode and talk about the preset stages, it would come to your mind in a second, that this stage would please a lot of people... same goes for the Nitro stage. They have them already done or could just simply import them from another game(WWE12). It just seems that they never give 100% when doing these games.

And now that Im in complain mode lol: What the heck do they think when they program the stage logo system??? Are they rly thinking we want to triple our logos when we put them there??? First the fact that we can put them only on a small centered area on the stage and then it triples your design lol. Just plain stupid... two years in a row nobody thought that through.

And now that Im in complain mode lol: What the heck do they think when they program the stage logo system??? Are they rly thinking we want to triple our logos when we put them there??? First the fact that we can put them only on a small centered area on the stage and then it triples your design lol. Just plain stupid... two years in a row nobody thought that through.

Little tip me and my buddy found:

Once you apply the logo on the stage itself, it often frees up an option called 'Stage Logo Options' (or something). You can then choose to just have 1 logo, 2, or 3, and their position on stage.

But, from one annoyance to another - they don't let you do that option for minitrons.... Why can't they have left it like '13 and just give us a few more stages?!

Sorry dude, this is not a trick its business as usual. Even if you do this the logos are too small to be accurate. You are able to use 2 256x256 logos ( or 8 128x128 logos). When you use the color filler and make two square blocks in PT and stretch them out and connect them on your apron, you will understand the problem. A 256x256 logo is the same as 4 connected 128x128 logos so its no difference. I made all my arenas last year with splitted logos, it wont work around the problems we have this year. I hope this was understandable lol, I just woke up.

Actually, you can make that 2 256 logo limit into 4, sort of. You have to use symmetry though. When you apply a logo, you CAN rotate it, and the game lets you apply the same logo a number of times. So apply 2 of the each of the two 256 logos you make, then rotate two of those four to make a big 4-part logo.

Actually, you can make that 2 256 logo limit into 4, sort of. You have to use symmetry though. When you apply a logo, you CAN rotate it, and the game lets you apply the same logo a number of times. So apply 2 of the each of the two 256 logos you make, then rotate two of those four to make a big 4-part logo.

Sure, but how would this work with lets say 99% of the logos we want to make? Tbh, I cant imagine any PPV logo where this would work.

They need to patch it but I seriously doubt they will. 2K support's canned email response says it's functioning how it was intended during development. It just doesn't make any sense why they would release it that way. The only thing I can think of when they take stuff out of these games is that whatever they took out was causing glitches and they couldn't come up with a better way to fix it. That's probably how we lost camera angles in story designer.

Archived